The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Guilt? What do you mean?

@Geoffrey_Chaucer @BmoreGorilla @ByAnyMeans thoughts?

I have to find the article, but Roland Martin was called out by a HBCU grad for not going to a HBCU ( Roland graduated from Texas A&M). He talked about how it hurt and bothered him that someone could question his black views because of where he went.

You can tell by that article he was in upset about it. That's where the guilt comes from. I'm still happy he's defending and helping them.

little4209

All Star
Daps
I see. If you don't mind me asking why/what made you drop out?

I lost 2 "in laws" within a year of each other...started back sliding, they wanted to take my aid so i had to write an appeal to explain my situation...and those fuccers denied me :sadcam: that was like 7 yrs ago tho :sadcam:

damn_ese

All Star
Daps
Roland and many older blacks want to do right for blacks but they want to go about certain things in dated ways that are proven to not work.

Roland is a black person I simply disagree with on numerous things but he hasnt dont anything where I can call him a sell out with malicious intent like you can say for many other people in similar positions.

how?

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I lost 2 "in laws" within a year of each other...started back sliding, they wanted to take my aid so i had to write an appeal to explain my situation...and those fuccers denied me :sadcam: that was like 7 yrs ago tho :sadcam:

dont give up

Last edited:

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
NAACP+Founders.jpg

little4209

All Star
Daps
You should go back. Im not as open but I will tell you things happen for a reason.
I was in a dv relationship for 2 years. I was physically and verbally abused to the point I had MAJOR anxiety.
I found the courage to leave and I did. Never looked back. God gave me a second chance. I enrolled myself back into a cc now Im transferring to a HBCU on a full ride
my point is things happen and it can make or break you. DONT let the enemy win!

Fall semester is two months away. See if you can enroll. Dont give up

Thank you! I actually just did my fafsa a few days ago on the pretense of me applying to some schools again!

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I have to find the article, but Roland Martin was called out by a HBCU grad for not going to a HBCU ( Roland graduated from Texas A&M). He talked about how it hurt and bothered him that someone could question his black views because of where he went.

You can tell by that article he was in upset about it. That's where the guilt comes from. I'm still happy he's defending and helping them.

That is very stupid! There are hundreds of Black folks who were instrumental back then and now who did NOT attend HBCUs

For instance, Rosa never went to college. She was a worker but put in work
Dorothy Height went to 2 PWIs but that did not stop her for being instrumental in the civil rights and the Equal Pay Act which affected all of us by the way

1963.jpg

Carter G Woodson ( he founded Negro History Week, which later became BLACK HISTORY MONTH) graduated from PWIs but that did not stop HU from hiring him as an educator

DR.Huey P Newton founded the Black Panthers and did not attend a HBCU. However he was Sigma which was founded by Howard ( the first HBCU) and he changed the game as well

The hell with critics

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
what do you mean?
Becuz we don't go anymore. There was a thread not too long ago about President Trump ending a program that funded new construction at HBCUs. Of course everyone was outraged. I made the statement that we wouldn't have to rely on federal money if we all actually spent our money there. Of course people deflected and said why would they wanna go to underfunded schools. Many HBCUs been around since the 1800s and thrived for a long time without federal funds