The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Fox is losing the far right position they've held for the last 2 decades..Rupert murdochs more rational and less supremacist sons have taken over. They got rid of oreilly and hannity is afraid he's next.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i also like how fox and it shows with this interview how they associate everything negative like education with being left wing
As if Republicans aren't explicitly trying to remove science requirements, historical accuracy, and trying implement religiosity into public school curricula.
Its shocking.
This war at "political correctness" is absolute nonsense, its obviously a ploy for conservatives and moderates to attack societal opposition to bigotry.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
It's also important other organizations help as well. In fact, they do. I'm not stressed about HBCUS. They survived reconstruction, the Great Depression, the recession. They're still standing.

little4209

All Star
Daps
I like Roland...

I don't get behind everything he says, but I believe in his spirit and to me, he seems like he genuinely wants the best for the African American community...and I want the same

Me too..not sure why Tariq Nasheed feels a certain way about him...ok, so he tried to help get clinton elected..so? Black folks can be our own worse enemy sometimes...

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I like Roland Martin, but his views on HBCU's comes from an interesting place, mostly guilt. I like his views on black economics and the NAACP are great though.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Me too..not sure why Tariq Nasheed feels a certain way about him...ok, so he tried to help get clinton elected..so? Black folks can be our own worse enemy sometimes...

It's interesting. It goes both ways tho.

I know people who are D9, Links, 33 degrees that will watch Tariq, Cress Welsing, Umar etc and support them but I also know other who won't because of their generalizations about them vice Versa

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I like Roland...

I don't get behind everything he says, but I believe in his spirit and to me, he seems like he genuinely wants the best for the African American community...and I want the same

Roland and many older blacks want to do right for blacks but they want to go about certain things in dated ways that are proven to not work.

Roland is a black person I simply disagree with on numerous things but he hasnt dont anything where I can call him a sell out with malicious intent like you can say for many other people in similar positions.