The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Breh, your complaining doesnt do anyone good. Thats some crabs-in-a-barrel type shyt.

Who's complaining???:what: im just tired of the same talking points over and over but none of them is saying the truth about voting and how the entire process is fukking rigged... and when the democrats lose they find a scapegoat to blame...I'm tired of black folks being the scapegoats of these political parties... its bullshyt

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
For all the smart DUMB NIKKAS...

There is no constitutional legislation that prevents an elector from being a faithless elector, meaning that, an elector can cast their own vote despite what the popular vote says for their state and it would not be against the law. Only a few states have civil penalties for faithless electors. :wow:

#2 There is no federal law against an elector who chooses to be faithless in their vote despite what their states popular vote is :wow:

And for the dummies who don’t know history this has happened 3 times in presidential elections where electors were faithless in their votes and voted for another candidate despite what their states popular vote was

Happened with Bush, Gore, Trump and Clinton

In an election like Biden and Trump where 1 states vote can decide the election there are some who fear there will be faithless electors who may try to swing the electoral vote in Trumps favor.

So you ignant nikkas can hate on KRS all you want but the real bruhs who have been in politics, and have studied politics understand this.

Martin and his panel were disingenuous in not bringing up the 2 points I first mentioned.

Cot damn some of you nikkas are clueless

Y’all dummies better stay WOKE!!!

So take guns and start shooting at people in positions of power. Got it. That's the solution.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Who's complaining???:what: im just tired of the same talking points over and over but none of them is saying the truth about voting and how the entire process is fukking rigged... and when the democrats lose they find a scapegoat to blame...I'm tired of black folks being the scapegoats of these political parties... its bullshyt

Give solutions and stop harping about the problem!

Take guns and start shooting at people in power, if you want to harp about that.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So take guns and start shooting at people in positions of power. Got it. That's the solution.

lol all of what he said is true. I actually just learned most this from a youtube video about the electoral college like last month. I dont suggest people not vote. But he stated facts in regards to the electoral college. If you wanna shoot some mothafukkas, I’m not stopping you though.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
lol all of what he said is true. I actually just learned most this from a youtube video about the electoral college like last month. I dont suggest people not vote. But he stated facts in regards to the electoral college. If you wanna shoot some mothafukkas, I’m not stopping you though.
????
EVERYBODY learned about the electoral college in middle school, and then more in high school civics or government class.

What is this "I just learned about it on youtube" stuff?

Not attacking or disrespecting you, but a real question.

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
OP is a shill.

Roland Martin has already been exposed as a boule asset.

Steve Cokely exposed the boule as the negro "thought leaders" (aka negro management class) who capitulate to the white supremacists orders for positions and scraps off the table.

Remember this is the same dude buck dancing with hilary Clinton and claimed reparations would never happen. he's a fraud. so is OP for posting this anti-intellectual garbage.

Nothing that this man says is valid or believable, similar to his cohorts like marc lamont hill, eric dyson, oprah, joy reid and all the others paid various amounts, large and small, to keep black people bought into this fraudulent system.

why is it that the voting rights act has to be renewed? why is it that shortly after the voting rights act was passed, the immigration act of 65 was passed, and the dems pivoted to ensuring that every group did better than black americans, complete with ensuring these groups have an anti-black attitude?

see video of asian man talking about "no ****** zone" if proof is required.

see chinese geopolitical moves in Africa if proof is required.

The American govt hasn't represented the whites best interests, so what do you cats think is going to happen for black people?

finally, what exactly are black people voting for? to maintain the hegelian dialectic?

an orange haired Buffon playing the white supremacist "swamp draining" "anti-NWO" freedom fighter to cacs to worried about hating us to realize they're getting butt fukked? (which they don't mind since they're only concerned with having more than us).

a white supremacist idiot with dementia who has a history of lying about everything, from his college graduation standing, to his history of terrible policy in terms of black people?

or is it kamala harris, the pretend negro whose mother is marked as Caucasian on her birth certificate and her father as a "Jamaican" (because Jamaican is an ethnic group, right?), who descends from a terrible, horrible cac Irish slave owner in Jamaica? who jailed numerous black women and men, who she's supposedly advocating for?

you dudes on this website are either shills, or really fukking stupid.

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
????
EVERYBODY learned about the electoral college in middle school, and then more in high school civics or government class.

What is this "I just learned about it on youtube" stuff?

Not attacking or disrespecting you, but a real question.

Let’s not be passive aggressive. And let’s not be obtuse. Obviously I know about the electoral college and how it works. I did not know the history of specific elections of faithless electors, as well, I learned that only a few states had penalties and even so it really ain’t no real penalty like that. You know, the specific things buddy pointed out in his post.

Did you know the history of every incident of someone being a faithless elector? Did you know how many states had penalties for being a faithless elector? Did you know what those penalties were? I doubt you or most people do. As well as myself, until I learned some shyt recently. Cause you know, it is possible to expand your knowledge.

The point is, all the shyt he said was factual, which has nothing to do with voting or not. But everything to do with facts

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
Even though he is a booty bandit Gillium broke down the importance of voting at the state and local level like you mentioned.

So many uneducated brehs out here not understanding the political process. :mjlol:

i'm very close to negging your trolling ass.

you're in here posting bakari sellers, andrew gillum and angela fukking rye? really?

a gang of compromised democratic negroes who claimed that organic grassroots movements were russian bots? this was a dnc conspiracy theory and max blumenthal and numerous other notable investigative journalists debunked.

you're really telling black people that we should be following a compromised negro who was set up and exposed by his "party" for doing meth and getting mollywopped all over cheap hotel rooms by buff white hookers?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This sounds like a long drawn out rationale to not participate and engage in a system that impacts/controls many aspects of your life.

That's your answer? Throw hands up and give up? Continue to allow others to make decisions that impact your life?

Meaning no disrespect to you. The system of today will be the same system that your great grand children will live and function in. We can improve it, figure out ways to reduce our dependence on it, or relocate to a different system, but this the system.
Unless you plan to take up arms against this government, the only way to effect change is to use the tools available to your advantage.

Once our people become (again, we used to be before Reagan) a reliable and unified voting block, with clear leadership that utilizes the tools available to us such as lobbying, we can demand more from this country.

So while I agree with you all, that we don't stand to gain much from either side, we stand to lose much more from one side than the other. As for that other side? Well with unity, we can force them to capitulation.
I am actually more frustrated at this point in these people than Trump supporters who are in their own world . It’s a week before the election and some of the most vocal don’t vote both sides are the same people have frustrations with the system which are understandable but they have no idea how to start fixing the issues . They are now acting like children and it’s pissing me off. They think GOP white supremacist are trying SO HARD To suppress minority voting that they had 3 cases this week alone In front of the Supreme Court . A lot of what we want is going to take time And activism. Holding the vote only helps the GOP who never even try to offer anything just try and keep us from voting . We need planning and it takes time to get things done

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I am actually more frustrated at this point in these people than Trump supporters who are in their own world . It’s a week before the election and some of the most vocal don’t vote both sides are the same people have frustrations with the system which are understandable but they have no idea how to start fixing the issues . They are now acting like children and it’s pissing me off. They think GOP white supremacist are trying SO HARD To suppress minority voting that they had 3 cases this week alone In front of the Supreme Court . A lot of what we want is going to take time And activism. Holding the vote only helps the GOP who never even try to offer anything just try and keep us from voting . We need planning and it takes time to get things done
YTers create echo chambers for their followers. Regular listening to Hour long one sided rants.
Safe refuge from harsh real world realities, I guess.

Anybody who disagrees with what these listeners are being fed is an enemy, out to get them.
Sad to see dudes go out like that, so scared of reality that they hide in the echo chambers.

This "no vote" shyt plays right into the anxiety and paranoia that they've bought into. It's like watching a case study about propaganda and manipulation.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Let’s not be passive aggressive. And let’s not be obtuse. Obviously I know about the electoral college and how it works. I did not know the history of specific elections of faithless electors, as well, I learned that only a few states had penalties and even so it really ain’t no real penalty like that. You know, the specific things buddy pointed out in his post.

Did you know the history of every incident of someone being a faithless elector? Did you know how many states had penalties for being a faithless elector? Did you know what those penalties were? I doubt you or most people do. As well as myself, until I learned some shyt recently. Cause you know, it is possible to expand your knowledge.

The point is, all the shyt he said was factual, which has nothing to do with voting or not. But everything to do with facts
OK, pardon me if what I wrote came across as a sneak diss.

I was around for Gore/Bush, and the weeks of media coverage between election day and the final result being announced. If you were also, you remember the political science experts on TV 24/7 detailing every detail,nuance, and scenario about electors, the electoral college, and the process of counting. I'm certain that those who watched the coverage saw segments about rogue electors, with multiple panel members explaining and weighing in about details and scenarios. Attorneys, professors, and people who managed national campaigns.

Those weeks of post-election coverage were a refresher course and extension of our understanding of the election process.

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
OK, pardon me if what I wrote came across as a sneak diss.

I was around for Gore/Bush, and the weeks of media coverage between election day and the final result being announced. If you were also, you remember the political science experts on TV 24/7 detailing every detail,nuance, and scenario about electors, the electoral college, and the process of counting. I'm certain that those who watched the coverage saw segments about rogue electors, with multiple panel members explaining and weighing in about details and scenarios. Attorneys, professors, and people who managed national campaigns.

Those weeks of post-election coverage were a refresher course and extension of our understanding of the election process.

I remember bush gore, but I was admittedly not active in knowing what was going on besides the headlines. Even though I know the basics of how our political system works, I have become more I interested and gained a little more in depth knowledge about some stuff in the last year or so. Trump presidency kind of forces you to read some shyt lol. shyt I just watched documentary about the bush gore election and learned a lot more about the legalities and details of that recount situation.

Lamar Givens

Spitting truth you can’t handle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeshua
i'm very close to negging your trolling ass.

you're in here posting bakari sellers, andrew gillum and angela fukking rye? really?

a gang of compromised democratic negroes who claimed that organic grassroots movements were russian bots? this was a dnc conspiracy theory and max blumenthal and numerous other notable investigative journalists debunked.

you're really telling black people that we should be following a compromised negro who was set up and exposed by his "party" for doing meth and getting mollywopped all over cheap hotel rooms by buff white hookers?

Stop being emotional, I simply said he provides insight on the importance of voting at the state and local level.

I’ve never voted as a democrat so you can miss me with that.