The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
:whew:Roland holding it down for Black Media, something these other Black YT don't do except report from their homes on stories that already been reported by other sources.:sas1: Like Hov said "I'm everywhere you never there" that's the difference between Roland and the rest of the "New Black Media".:sas2:

he's bigger than any black media pundit :sas2:

Even Fruit Lemon? :usure:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
So have a discussion
Without inviting said person
You have an opposing opinion on their views
And somehow this is constructive and ether:russ:
I was taught
If you have a problem with a man
Directly talk to him about the situation
Not some disingenuous/let’s talk down on someone
Whose not there to defend themselves
Red table talk:mjlol:
Keep gobbling Rolands nuts
Nx6OMJ.gif

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
CAC Babble? I’ve posted this in every which celebrity have you met thread on here Lmaoo. And I’m definitely not a CAC. Can drop my social media to prove it. But go on Breh.
Why you got a whole cac in your avi then? Kind of shyt you on? :dahell:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am not too big of a fan of Roland Martin but he and his cohosts are objectively correct here.

I am sick and tired of people (particularly those with large platforms) espousing nonsense when they aren't abreast of the nuances of how politics really works.

Voting, activism, protesting, etc all go hand in hand. Protests to change governmental policies are futile just so long as you don't vote in the correct officials.

In my opinion, if Trump gets another 4 years there will be little we can do outside of a real revolution to change the tide of fascism. And I am not being hyperbolic either.

The problem with this take and every other form of it is the assumption that White Supremacy is going to go out to Lunch once Biden is in office.

The basis of the argument is that "Trump made white people start acting out and being racist" which is an argument that isn't founded in reality.

The reality is that RACISM as it SHOULD BE discussed in this country is SYSTEMIC and it happens at every level of GOVERNMENT.
From the president on down to the senators, congressman, mayors to the policing etc.
It's a wide sweeping phenomenon that doesn't disappear because we vote Kamala and Biden into office.
That's the FIRST issue.

The second is this goofy nascent response about what is or isn't revolutionary from people who're sitting in live streams and not in the streets.

What we need is a coordinated effort which focuses on the unique grievances for BLACK AMERICANS.

I don't give two shyts about the "ADOS"/"FBA" tit for tat that's going on in the the locker room and I'm not a fan of Tariq Nasheed, Umar Johnson, Tommy Sotomayor
and any other gross disgusting grifters using Black American plight as a means to gain money.

So I don't understand why such a complex and RELEVANT discussion is being boiled down to "Y'all just don't wanna vote !" or "You're ignorant!".

Being real about being Black in America and realistically around the world is acknowledging Neo-Liberalism, the presidency and what it really means, the myriad of companies that lobby
our government, war, genocide, racism, imperialism, unchecked capitalism etc.
shyts deep, WAY deeper than Trump.

Last edited: