The opiod crisis is now in the hood. Hip Hop should not be promoting this epidemic like its cool.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Yeah well I didnt personally know anyone who died from popping pills till this year and it was my sons friend. And then to see this flow of young Black men in dope fiend hazes like its cool. I never seen no shyt like that before...I'm used to young cats being drunk or red eyes from smoking weed..... That dope fiend stare is not something I wanna see become popular in the hood. That Methadone crowd is always a bunch of people over 35. I see that crowd becoming younger within the next 10 years if this keeps up.

Where you from? I feel like heroin a staple in midwest hoods lol. My cuzzo used to sell heroin out my last apartment years before I moved in :dead:. Used to have dope fiends comin to the crib n shyt asking if he still lived there

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
a lotta misinformation and fukkery around when it comes to these types of drugs. kids don't know what they're getting into . i guess it wouldn't make a difference even if they did.

it's crazy because the pill game (opiates) is way past it's prime / peak. shyt is all but gone. doctors getting popped left and right and the ones who are left aren't giving shyt out anymore. DEA breathing down their necks. even people with legitimate use for scripts are having a hard enough time. so if people think whatever is going on now is bad because because a few rappers talk about dropping a perc10 in their drink , they either weren't old enough or weren't paying attention to what was happening 10-12 years ago when oxy was no more than 50 cents a MG on the street and flowing like water

the xans really got big I would say around 2011-2012 when low key it coincided with the dark web and vendors pressing up replicas (with alprazolam) that you could get 1,000 packs of for pennies on the dollar. that's when they started flooding the streets. before than when it was just relegated to people getting scripts they were around, but weren't everywhere like they were a few years ago. even that's low key died down now in real life. I dunno anyone copping K-packs like that anymore or if they're even around...

opiate withdrawal is the absolute worst but I'd still take that any day of the week over Xan/Benzo withdrawal

when people say "opiate epidemic" they're talking about heroin and primarily the fentanyl laced heroin. pills are nowhere as big as they used to be.. the demand is there but the supply isn't anything like it was. let rappers tell it, and they are everywhere...but trust that they really aren't

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Where you from? I feel like heroin a staple in midwest hoods lol. My cuzzo used to sell heroin out my last apartment years before I moved in :dead:. Used to have dope fiends comin to the crib n shyt asking if he still lived there

I live in The Bronx. Heroin is a staple in my hood too...But heroin always had a bad rep. The percs and xans is something new and hip hop is promoting it like its cool. So the hood is into it like its cool to do. Thats the issue I'm having with this shyt. The popularity of it as if its cool is a seriously dangerous path and Hip Hop is treating it like its recreational like weed. That's an unsettling reality.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
See this is what I'm talking about. As a 90's head u never heard no shyt like this, they'd look at u like a crackhead back then.......But this type of talk is the norm now. 90's it was "I smoke a blunt to help me sleep"....Now its, "I pop a pill."

Russ tried speaking out against it but got backlash because he's not that cool I guess.....Hip Hop needs a big dog like Kendrick or some new kid with influence to make that shyt seem like its not cool. Hip Hop needs to prmote that shyt like its not cool like we did with crack.

220px-JColeKOD.jpg
J Cole just made a album about it tho. It’s called KOD, which means “Kids on Drugs, King Overdosed, and Kill Our Demon”

And tbh I’m @C00NM0NGER would co-sign this that Louisiana probably was the black pill poppin capital dating back atleast 15 years from now.

The music from Baton Rouge, layefette and Shreveport was all full on pull poppin music

The dance jigging is pretty much a pill poppin song

“Not to mention got the styrofoam poured up with syrup
And in the tires where the package is gone
Midas been a Goodyear with these Firestones
I spit like Maya's poems, palming chromers
For the buyers chromosomes I got soma's
I got vicodins, valiums I ain't stopping
Got powder, heroin, ex, oxycontin
And that's how we rocking”

This was Wayne rapping with Cassidy, fabulous in like 04-05

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
220px-JColeKOD.jpg
J Cole just made a album about it tho. It’s called KOD, which means “Kids on Drugs, King Overdosed, and Kill Our Demon”

There needs to be a movement. A real movement, were someone comes out and starts pointing fingers at the current state of hip hop. The same way we had a "stop snitching" movement were every rapper had an opinion and it became a political topic until Camron and First 48 made it a joke. Cole aint doing that. I mean he could...But he aint there now.....Someone needs to really go up against the dragon. Like a real campaign with the same energy like what Pac had for Biggie.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
220px-JColeKOD.jpg

And tbh I’m @C00NM0NGER would co-sign this that Louisiana probably was the black pill poppin capital dating back atleast 15 years from now.

The music from Baton Rouge, layefette and Shreveport was all full on pull poppin music

The dance jigging is pretty much a pill poppin song

“Not to mention got the styrofoam poured up with syrup
And in the tires where the package is gone
Midas been a Goodyear with these Firestones
I spit like Maya's poems, palming chromers
For the buyers chromosomes I got soma's
I got vicodins, valiums I ain't stopping
Got powder, heroin, ex, oxycontin
And that's how we rocking”

This was Wayne rapping with Cassidy, fabulous in like 04-05
You can find me in the club
jiggalatin jiggalatin
You can find me wit my thugs
jiggalatin jiggalatin

was my shyt :blessed:

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
getting off drugs is easy....the prospect of facing your wack ass life without getting high is the hard part for these people
Not to mention doing and holding dope u probably gonna catch a case.

That downward spiral is no joke. Cant stay clean...violating....running....new cases...need an escape.

Rehabilitation over Incarceration when it comes to nonviolent offenses. My POV.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
Called it in 07-08

Heard rappers rapping about e pills.

Yet gorilla zoe got clowned on lip service about molly....3 yrs later everybody hip.

Disgusting.

At 2:57 Angela Yee asks Zoe whats the most exciting thing he did overseas.

He TRIED to say "trying MDMA" but couldnt remember the initials:stopitslime: so he said:
"Pure form of exstacy, whats that called?:jbhmm:

The room::russ::lolbron::francis::usure::gucci::dwillhuh:
?????

SMH
2-3 years later ALL the rappers rapping bout Molly and poppin M's.

Ruined the supply for the real ones out here.
I need a chemist.