The opiod crisis is now in the hood. Hip Hop should not be promoting this epidemic like its cool.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ummm, lean, Xan and M's been what rappers been rapping bout for about 15 years. Actually, blame Marshall. He started this shyt. Him and 3-6

Breh that been in the hood

Yeah well I didnt personally know anyone who died from popping pills till this year and it was my sons friend. And then to see this flow of young Black men in dope fiend hazes like its cool. I never seen no shyt like that before...I'm used to young cats being drunk or red eyes from smoking weed..... That dope fiend stare is not something I wanna see become popular in the hood. That Methadone crowd is always a bunch of people over 35. I see that crowd becoming younger within the next 10 years if this keeps up.

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
See this is what I'm talking about. As a 90's head u never heard no shyt like this, they'd look at u like a crackhead back then.......But this type of talk is the norm now. 90's it was "I smoke a blunt to help me sleep"....Now its, "I pop a pill."

Russ tried speaking out against it but got backlash because he's not that cool I guess.....Hip Hop needs a big dog like Kendrick or some new kid with influence to make that shyt seem like its not cool. Hip Hop needs to prmote that shyt like its not cool like we did with crack.
I feel where you coming from though because back when I was younger popping crazy brehs would always be on some:hubie:time when I mention pills but now that it’s cool they’re like:jbhmm::feedme:so yeah it has becoming more accepting unfortunately

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
shyt is crazy. I think it’s because the people of today keep trying to numb pain rather than deal with it. Xanax being a major player. Taking care of your mental health and shyt is a real thing.

But you still do just have the few that do it just cause they like the feeling. But I do think it’s mostly because of mental health. nikkas who keep trying to escape reality.

Plus the feeling I heard it gives you seems like that perfect escape for people.
Super facts

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Yeah well I didnt personally know anyone who died from popping pills till this year and it was my sons friend. And then to see this flow of young Black men in dope fiend hazes like its cool. I never seen no shyt like that before...I'm used to young cats being drunk or red eyes from smoking weed..... That dope fiend stare is not something I wanna see become popular in the hood. That Methadone crowd is always a bunch of people over 35. I see that crowd becoming younger within the next 10 years if this keeps up.

My local methadone clinic filled with 20 year olds. Black. White. Spanish. Driving past the line wraps around the building at 5am.

. And the worst thing is.. cuz of prior stigmas. Noone black really gonna admit it. White people admit everything. Go on camera. Shoot up for tv.. Blacks wont. So its gonna simmer to a boil. Hate gettin then “yo i need to ask you something real quick” calls.

Lets just say lotta dudes in the hood think they really just have the multi year flu

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
So why is it so many people from that era said Superfly gave them inspiration to sell dope?

Curtis Sc00n said it inspired him....And Kima from the wire said the same thing in the movie SLAM.
Cause humans are fukkin idiots

Scarface,New Jack city,Carlito’s way all ended the same way and people still chose to sell drugs

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Its been a problem longer than most people outside the Philly area realize....

I knew 2 people who OD'd from Oxys and Rockys during the summer I graduated high school in 2005...

Truth be told...it all started with the Iraq war 2003 and snatching up their opium....

In MY experience having never used but always been around....it seems that as time went on...the only thing you could get was super hard stuff.....Ya you could get 5s/10s in like 05/06 but by 08/09 all they had out was 30s.....they do like a year or 2 on 30s, which by then, they are broke so they grab the H......

Remember that fentlynol scare out Camden in the Delaware Valley in like 2010/2011....a lot of that had to do with dudes trying to make their product stronger because of the people who needed the H to cope with their perc addiction....

Too many people have been lost to this shyt:mjcry:
@String Bell

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
Called this out TEN YEARS AGO. Been called craY for years.

Thats how i know the coli is soft as fukk and dont go outside scause half the opioid threads are making fun of white people when i know many fukking with this rn.

This shyt hit 20 years ago. Hip hop just started reflecting on it the past 5-10 years.

If you woulda asked le if i woulda seen young black kids on heroin and pks like this.. 20 years ago? Woulda called you crazy

Everyone getting high cuz of these rappers today.

Me too breh

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

Bro, I live at Main and Dawes in Toronto. Heroin, opiod and meth junkies walk around like zombies in this area. We've got a homless shelter right beside a meth clinic. Its nuts. I get what ur saying. Every pharmacy in my area has Naxoline(sp) kits available to re-start hearts. Ive seen so many people I know OD over the last 2 years. Its crazy. I know exactly what u mean, but lean is heroin lite. Hip Hop low key been pushing this shyt for 20 years, but, as crazy as it sounds, before cocaine became affordable for black people, heroine was the drug of choice other then weed. Quincy was on it, Ray was on it, Russel Simons, shyt MJ and Prince died of an OD, as did Whitney. ODB etc. Just be aware of your limots and stay within it.

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
getting off drugs is easy....the prospect of facing your wack ass life without getting high is the hard part for these people

I wouldnt call it easy but its easier than they let on. The drugs they have today kill the sickness. Theres literally no excuse anymore.

Addiction being called a disease is just giving people an excuse to fukk up. Noone wants to think their kid will make that switch. Easier to write off.

Opiates are truth serum. Someones real character comes out with it.