The opiod crisis is now in the hood. Hip Hop should not be promoting this epidemic like its cool.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know how or why percs became the standard but xans have been a thing since at least 2005

Percs>>>>>Xans though I take the percs when I wanna relax and fukk a bytch but the xans help a nikka sleep

Sorry brehs

See this is what I'm talking about. As a 90's head u never heard no shyt like this, they'd look at u like a crackhead back then.......But this type of talk is the norm now. 90's it was "I smoke a blunt to help me sleep"....Now its, "I pop a pill."

Russ tried speaking out against it but got backlash because he's not that cool I guess.....Hip Hop needs a big dog like Kendrick or some new kid with influence to make that shyt seem like its not cool. Hip Hop needs to prmote that shyt like its not cool like we did with crack.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its been a problem longer than most people outside the Philly area realize....

I knew 2 people who OD'd from Oxys and Rockys during the summer I graduated high school in 2005...

Truth be told...it all started with the Iraq war 2003 and snatching up their opium....

In MY experience having never used but always been around....it seems that as time went on...the only thing you could get was super hard stuff.....Ya you could get 5s/10s in like 05/06 but by 08/09 all they had out was 30s.....they do like a year or 2 on 30s, which by then, they are broke so they grab the H......

Remember that fentlynol scare out Camden in the Delaware Valley in like 2010/2011....a lot of that had to do with dudes trying to make their product stronger because of the people who needed the H to cope with their perc addiction....

Too many people have been lost to this shyt:mjcry:

DEXPER

Rookie
Daps
shyt is crazy. I think it’s because the people of today keep trying to numb pain rather than deal with it. Xanax being a major player. Taking care of your mental health and shyt is a real thing.

But you still do just have the few that do it just cause they like the feeling. But I do think it’s mostly because of mental health. nikkas who keep trying to escape reality.

Plus the feeling I heard it gives you seems like that perfect escape for people.

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Called this out TEN YEARS AGO. Been called craY for years.

Thats how i know the coli is soft as fukk and dont go outside scause half the opioid threads are making fun of white people when i know many fukking with this rn.

This shyt hit 20 years ago. Hip hop just started reflecting on it the past 5-10 years.

If you woulda asked le if i woulda seen young black kids on heroin and pks like this.. 20 years ago? Woulda called you crazy

Everyone getting high cuz of these rappers today.

Last edited:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
non of this junkie shyt took off in the uk :blessed:

what's supposed to be worse, the lean or the pills?

I think they became a fashion because you're not injecting/smoking shyt like a junkie.