Looks like a young nikka coppin :ehh:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Prices seem to be dropping on eBay.
Somewhat not surprised.

I've heard somewhere that scalpers are starting to move on from the PS5. I think they're bracing themselves, because it won't be long until the PS5 is fully stocked up soon.

I guarantee that by March/April all the 5 will be fully restocked and all the scalpers leverage will be gone

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Barely a month old and this fukking controller already has some weird ass stick drift :snoop:

Daps
Somewhat not surprised.

I've heard somewhere that scalpers are starting to move on from the PS5. I think they're bracing themselves, because it won't be long until the PS5 is fully stocked up soon.

I guarantee that by March/April all the 5 will be fully restocked and all the scalpers leverage will be gone
The pandemic will still most likely be going on around then and the unprecedented consumer demand will still exist
I still expect the 5 to sell out quickly online

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
The pandemic will still most likely be going on around then and the unprecedented consumer demand will still exist
I still expect the 5 to sell out quickly online
I don't think the demand will be as high in a couple months, even if the pandemic is still going on.

I'd argue that the average consumer is like me. I definitely want the PS5, but I don't want it that badly, and am willing to wait it out until 1 becomes available in retail or at retail price. Scalpers have been banking off consumers that want it immediately (mostly to stunt) and are willing to pay more to get it. Most of those people already have it. That leaves the average consumer like me who doesn't give enough fukks to pay close to a G so we can get it now. Which means the scalpers will either have to come up off their high prices, or sit on the product and lose money. Which is already starting, which is why the online prices are dropping a bit like @Low quality poster said

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I've been watching scalpers drop their price from 1k to about 800 now. It's not just a demand issue, it's them having inventory for months now that won't move. With Christmas over the demand isn't going to be as high.

Ppl will still scalp them though, I think by maybe March they'll be widely available.

Daps
I don't think the demand will be as high in a couple months, even if the pandemic is still going on.

I'd argue that the average consumer is like me. I definitely want the PS5, but I don't want it that badly, and am willing to wait it out until 1 becomes available in retail or at retail price. Scalpers have been banking off consumers that want it immediately (mostly to stunt) and are willing to pay more to get it. Most of those people already have it. That leaves the average consumer like me who doesn't give enough fukks to pay close to a G so we can get it now. Which means the scalpers will either have to come up off their high prices, or sit on the product and lose money. Which is already starting, which is why the online prices are dropping a bit like @Low quality poster said
scalpers make up a small percentage of sales
the rest is demand
all the scalpers do is make it more impossible to get the ps5
it will be easier to get the ps5 vs. preorders and launch, but as long as we are stuck inside, sales will be mostly online again
meaning there will be a bunch of people trying to get the ps5 online...again
this is how people didn't end up w/ the ps5 in the first place
"I'm just gonna walk right in", "it will be everywhere soon don't worry" :mjlol:
because they severely underestimated demand

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Somewhat not surprised.

It was middle of the spring for the PS4 before you could really go in and buy one if you wanted, I think that's the earliest as well for the 5.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It was middle of the spring for the PS4 before you could really go in and buy one if you wanted, I think that's the earliest as well for the 5.

This depends on where you lived. Down here it sold out initially for a week or two but it was mostly widely available.

Meanwhile I heard people who lived in like NY and LA were having trouble getting them for months.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I've been watching scalpers drop their price from 1k to about 800 now. It's not just a demand issue, it's them having inventory for months now that won't move. With Christmas over the demand isn't going to be as high.

Ppl will still scalp them though, I think by maybe March they'll be widely available.

Got bills to pay. Dem credit card statements coming in and you gota pay dem balances off. :whistle: