Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
make it make sense

I ignored the miles morales thing cuz that has nothing to do with console sales

I don’t care if sony “wins” in that regard

contrary to what dude said, I’m not stanning for sony by pointing out that they’re selling consoles at a record pace so there’s not too many “lessons” for them to learn when they’re selling out of consoles regardless
A few gaming sites and channels were talking about it. Supposedly because the scalpers Sony is making money off the console but taking a hit with the actual games. Because people who would actually be playing and buying games can’t get one the companies making the games are taking a huge loss. It’s part of the reason why they are trying harder to weed out scalpers/bots with these more recent drops :yeshrug: I don’t know how true that is.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A few gaming sites and channels were talking about it. Supposedly because the scalpers Sony is making money off the console but taking a hit with the actual games. Because people who would actually be playing and buying games can’t get one the companies making the games are taking a huge loss. It’s part of the reason why they are trying harder to weed out scalpers/bots with these more recent drops :yeshrug: I don’t know how true that is.

ok I can see how that might make some sense regarding game sales IF true...but I don’t care about that tho...boo-hoo for sony...I don’t care about their “pockets” per se...I don’t want my argument to be reduced to sony is “winning” or “losing” bcuz dudes are too lazy to understand what I’m saying...sony might put out statements to appease those who are upset they didn’t get a PS5 but I’m guessing they’re pleased with console sales with no real concern over who’s actually purchasing the units bcuz it still counts as units sold...that’s it

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
ok I can see how that might make some sense regarding game sales IF true...but I don’t care about that tho...boo-hoo for sony...I don’t care about their “pockets” per se...I don’t want my argument to be reduced to sony is “winning” or “losing” bcuz dudes are too lazy to understand what I’m saying...sony might put out statements to appease those who are upset they didn’t get a PS5 but I’m guessing they’re pleased with console sales with no real concern over who’s actually purchasing the units bcuz it still counts as units sold...that’s it

dude... :snoop: If I'm not mistaken Sony aint making money off the consoles. But would make money off subscriptions, game sales, etc...

so scalpers are fukking it up

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dude... :snoop: If I'm not mistaken Sony aint making money off the consoles. But would make money off subscriptions, game sales, etc...

dude...how many different ways do I have to say I’m not worried about their pockets and am only discussing units sold?

it’ll pay off for them in the long run...the immediate goal tho is to move those units and they’re successfully doing that in the middle of a pandemic...it’s not their fault that everyone doesn’t have one bcuz they’re planning birthday parties and banging ho’s

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

Yeah, Sony and Microsoft lose money on consoles and make it up w/ game sells. Been that way for the last few console generations. Nintendo is the only company that profits from console sells.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
ue1tz5ya57jr.gif
Lol

lamont614

Superstar
Daps

doesn’t sony take a loss on the consoles too
They don’t start making money on them til the parts get cheaper

they selling them at a lost or am I wrong ?

Last edited:

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ok I can see how that might make some sense regarding game sales IF true...but I don’t care about that tho...boo-hoo for sony...I don’t care about their “pockets” per se...I don’t want my argument to be reduced to sony is “winning” or “losing” bcuz dudes are too lazy to understand what I’m saying
I get what you’re saying. With the preorder thing but even during the preorder phase every time I tried to get one Target, Walmart, and Amazon all crashed on me :mjlol: I can’t speak for everyone else’s situation. But my luck has been terrible with getting one. My boy sent me the Sony preorder link and everytime I signed in it logged me out :mjlol: I’ve been able to get multiple Xbox Series X/S’s that I just sold friends for retail and my own.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get what your saying. With the preorder thing but even during the preorder phase every time I tried to get one Target, Walmart, and Amazon all crashed on me :mjlol: I can’t speak for everyone else’s situation. But my luck has been terrible with getting one. My boy sent me the Sony preorder link and everytime I signed in it logged me out :mjlol: I’ve been able to get multiple Xbox Series X/S’s that I just sold friends for retail and my own.

nah I definitely understand in some cases it’s just tough luck bcuz everyone who wants one is just simply not gonna be able to get it...but getting mad at sony (not directed at you) is just probably out of frustration...again, it’s a pandemic and many ppl anticipated this especially with the uptick in gaming as a result of the lockdown...so many folks knew shyt was gonna be scarce from jump

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nah I definitely understand in some cases it’s just tough luck bcuz everyone who wants one is just simply not gonna be able to get it...but getting mad at sony (not directed at you) is just probably out of frustration...again, it’s a pandemic and many ppl anticipated this especially with the uptick in gaming as a result of the lockdown...so many folks knew shyt was gonna be scarce from jump
a lot of it is definitely uncontrollable I’m not mad at Sony because ultimately it’s not their responsibility that each consumer gets one. That’s why they are priced the way they are anyway. I was mad at the scalpers but I get people trying to turn a profit it’s better than robbing a nikka :yeshrug:

hu3ypdadon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Mordith <~this dikhead negged me saying “cap”..bruh what I need to lie for ? If it was easier to upload pics I would show you the screen shots..