The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
There’s only ever been one generation with a “pro” console and that worked cause people had 4k TVs and 720p content. So people saw necessity of a “4K” console.

Today with all these upscaling techniques you’re gonna be going from “upscale 4K” to “a little less upscaled 4k” I don’t think people are gonna be feel too left out if they don’t upgrade to the pro
No you’re going to go from 1080p/1444p 60 fps OR 4k 30 fps and upgrade it to 4k 60fps

We’ve gotten them to 4k. Now they gotta get the frame rates and we’ll be up to what a 3080/4080 can do with 4k gaming

That’s all the pro did. We used to have to choose modes and then on the pro you got that third mode.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No you’re going to go from 1080p/1444p 60 fps OR 4k 30 fps and upgrade it to 4k 60fps

We’ve gotten them to 4k. Now they gotta get the frame rates and we’ll be up to what a 3080/4080 can do with 4k gaming

That’s all the pro did. We used to have to choose modes and then on the pro you got that third mode.
Naw, even very high end PC components don’t do 4K 60fps reliably for AAA games.

As a console the PS5 pro will have to be very comparable with the OG PS5 and not cost too much more money. If we look at component prices you are not getting much extra performance off of $1-$200

Frame rates will be more stable and/or there will be a slight resolution boost. That’s it.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Naw, even very high end PC components don’t do 4K 60fps reliably for AAA games.

As a console the PS5 pro will have to be very comparable with the OG PS5 and not cost too much more money. If we look at component prices you are not getting much extra performance off of $1-$200

Frame rates will be more stable and/or there will be a slight resolution boost. That’s it.
I fully understand your pricing theory.. But if that's what they do, what's the point?

We already have most games at 4k/30 now. You gonna tell people to spend $600 to get 4k/45? We already got 120hz so it's not that. They damn sure ain't bumping it up to 8k.

If that's all we're going to get, this shyt is a dud

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bought a janky one, that shyt broke already.

im really bout to have to buy an $80 PS4 controller :smh:
No. The controller isn’t broke. The USB ports are broken.

As far as i can tell the PS4 is a brick now cause i can’t connect a controller:why:

Anybody got any advice on how to connect a controller without a USB port.

This is dumb as hell :stopitslime: