The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
If they wait any longer for a pro it will be the end of the generation.

Original pro came out in year 3, its year 4 of ps5
Yeah but I feel like the Pandemic fukked up the normal timeline for this generation

It was hard as hell for people to get a PS5 for a long time and now you coming with the Pro?

I don't know

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah but I feel like the Pandemic fukked up the normal timeline for this generation

It was hard as hell for people to get a PS5 for a long time and now you coming with the Pro?

I don't know
I wonder if it’s possible for them to release a pro console that’s cheaper than a current ps5, but maybe they have too many units of the og ps5

But that’s probably how you get new customers, cause everybody ad they mama going to be like “it ain’t that much better than a regular ps5”, so they kinda have to sell it cheap or don’t except to sell many pro units

Cause the way people talking the next gen consoles is a couple years away, so they either do it now or don’t release a pro console at all

Or maybe do a handheld which I’m assuming Sony and Xbox right now are on that mission, put one out before somebody like nivada release one or steam release steam deck 2, I doubt they will release before the switch come out next year

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I wonder if it’s possible for them to release a pro console that’s cheaper than a current ps5,
I pretty much doubt it. Part of the problem is Sony said that shrinking the die wouldn't make any significant savings in cost. Hence why the console pretty much costs the same as it did at launch.

For perspective, I bought my PS4 slim in 2016 for £200 with 2 games. Damn near half the price of the original.

Sony Says Big PS5 Price Cut Would Be 'Very Difficult' - IGN

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I pretty much doubt it. Part of the problem is Sony said that shrinking the die wouldn't make any significant savings in cost. Hence why the console pretty much costs the same as it did at launch.

For perspective, I bought my PS4 slim in 2016 for £200 with 2 games. Damn near half the price of the original.

Sony Says Big PS5 Price Cut Would Be 'Very Difficult' - IGN

Yeah big price cuts aren’t coming this generation

Not even Nintendo discounted the switch

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hasn't been enough games to warrant a pro.

There was barely anything out when the Pro released last gen either. It came out November 2016, the only major current gen game at the time was Uncharted 4.

The first game to really get a big marketing push with the pro was Horizon which didn’t come out until the following February

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
There was barely anything out when the Pro released last gen either. It came out November 2016, the only major current gen game at the time was Uncharted 4.

The first game to really get a big marketing push with the pro was Horizon which didn’t come out until the following February
That makes sense.. Damn near 10 years ago when the Pro launched.. Many people weren't responsible for buying their own games (kids) and don't remember it. The Pro/Slim version always hits halfway and is always a minor upgrade with not many games...

Then it drops and you feel like a dikkhead playing the downplayed version of shyt for the next 4-5 years

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That makes sense.. Damn near 10 years ago when the Pro launched.. Many people weren't responsible for buying their own games (kids) and don't remember it. The Pro/Slim version always hits halfway and is always a minor upgrade with not many games...

Then it drops and you feel like a dikkhead playing the downplayed version of shyt for the next 4-5 years
There’s only ever been one generation with a “pro” console and that worked cause people had 4k TVs and 720p content. So people saw necessity of a “4K” console.

Today with all these upscaling techniques you’re gonna be going from “upscale 4K” to “a little less upscaled 4k” I don’t think people are gonna be feel too left out if they don’t upgrade to the pro