The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

Full Measures

All Star
Daps
Ok brehs I been out the gaming world for a lil while but I'm thinkin bout getting back in and I got some questions

1. Should I get a Slim or an OG version? Is one totally diff from the other besides the size disparity?

2. Should I get a digital or disc version? I'm already leaning towards a disc version...

3. Should I hop on one of these deals now or wait for the "pro" models later on?

4. Is this a good deal?

5. Is there any reason I shouldn't get a PS5 and get a XBOX instead?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
1. Should I get a Slim or an OG version? Is one totally diff from the other besides the size disparity?

It really doesn’t matter, the OG’s are more discounted, the slims are good if you want to buy a digital and add A SSD later. They are 30% smaller

2. Should I get a digital or disc version? I'm already leaning towards a disc version...

It’s up to you, you can get better deals on physical games but there are a lot of incentives to playing things digitally these days. If you can’t decide get a digital slim model and you can upgrade if you feel like you’re missing out on physical still…

3. Should I hop on one of these deals now or wait for the "pro" models later on?

Get what you want now, by the time the pro comes out late next year you can trade it in and pay the difference. If you’re planning on getting a pro its better that you get a newer model instead of the OG

?

If you like the games on xbox more, get an xbox. Otherwise the power difference is about the same, (before the pro comes out) and they both have features the other doesn’t.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ok brehs I been out the gaming world for a lil while but I'm thinkin bout getting back in and I got some questions

4. Is this a good deal?

Slim vs OG is a wash. Slightly more storage on the Slim though.

I’d go disc so I can partake of retail sales.

The Pro is unannounced. Could be real or not. I’d just buy now.

Don’t see a deal.

Don’t buy an Xbox over a PlayStation IMO. PlayStation covers more bases.

Full Measures

All Star
Daps
Don’t see a deal.

It really doesn’t matter, the OG’s are more discounted, the slims are good if you want to buy a digital and add A SSD later. They are 30% smaller

It’s up to you, you can get better deals on physical games but there are a lot of incentives to playing things digitally these days. If you can’t decide get a digital slim model and you can upgrade if you feel like you’re missing out on physical still…

Get what you want now, by the time the pro comes out late next year you can trade it in and pay the difference. If you’re planning on getting a pro its better that you get a newer model instead of the OG

?

If you like the games on xbox more, get an xbox. Otherwise the power difference is about the same, (before the pro comes out) and they both have features the other doesn’t.
Oh the text on the fourth question is clickable. My bad I shoulda said that

But Gizmo you said there's a lot of incentives to playing things digitally, could you fill me in on a few?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Oh the text on the fourth question is clickable. My bad I shoulda said that

But Gizmo you said there's a lot of incentives to playing things digitally, could you fill me in on a few?

The console itself is so fast you can easily jump from game to game in seconds, you save a lot of time between loading discs. Also your digital library along with ps plus games all being readily downloadable and easy to access is another pro.

Now with things like Remote play getting more popular you may want to have all your games dgital if you want to play away from home. The only downside to digital really is having to wait for sales but they happen so often it ind of doesn’t even matter.

Idk ultimately you save more money with physical but its way more hassle trading games in and/or waiting for shipping.

Full Measures

All Star
Daps
The console itself is so fast you can easily jump from game to game in seconds, you save a lot of time between loading discs. Also your digital library along with ps plus games all being readily downloadable and easy to access is another pro.

Now with things like Remote play getting more popular you may want to have all your games dgital if you want to play away from home. The only downside to digital really is having to wait for sales but they happen so often it ind of doesn’t even matter.

Idk ultimately you save more money with physical but its way more hassle trading games in and/or waiting for shipping.
@winb83 Thanks for responding yall helped guide a breh. This is the deal I was talking about earlier: Playstation 5 big bundle

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
@winb83 Thanks for responding yall helped guide a breh. This is the deal I was talking about earlier: Playstation 5 big bundle

Naw i wouldn’t get that, it’s a bunch of junk bundled in with it.

• Includes PS5 Slim disc console with DualSense wireless controller,
  • power cord,
  • HDMI cable,
  • USB-C-to-USB-A cable,
  • and stand; Spider-Man 2 game download voucher
  • additional wireless controller,
  • dual charging dock,
  • wired headset,
  • silicone case,
  • storage stand,
  • USB-C cable,
  • 2-in-1 USB-C cable,
  • four thumb grips,
  • and voucher
^ All this stuff is junk. Get the regular spider-man bundle for 499.99

Buy a second dualsense for 45 from gamestop

Or 50 from bestbuy

Buy the sony brand charging dock for 30, from any of the places above

That should only be under 600 dollars…if you want a nice pair of headphones theres a bunch of better options

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

lol that’s some shyt I would buy ONLY if PS5s were in extremely limited supply and that was literally my only shot of getting one…I think I went thru that with the PS4 release (last gen) and was forced to buy a useless bundle from some store I rarely shopped at online cuz it was so difficult to get one…PS5s are easily available at the moment tho

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I come to find out when upgrading SSDs I can't just put the current PS5 SSD into an enclosure and move data from the 1TB to the 4TB drive I bought., I need to transfer from the 1TB to another external drive then put in the 4TB and move back. I'm glad I got a 4TB drive so this never has to happen again. It;s kinda regrettable that the PS5 can't recognize it's own data on the SSD and at least let me transfer it direct.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I come to find out when upgrading SSDs I can't just put the current PS5 SSD into an enclosure and move data from the 1TB to the 4TB drive I bought., I need to transfer from the 1TB to another external drive then put in the 4TB and move back. I'm glad I got a 4TB drive so this never has to happen again. It;s kinda regrettable that the PS5 can't recognize it's own data on the SSD and at least let me transfer it direct.
Which one you cop

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So I never copped anything last gen, so I can't speak on that. This Last of Us game is really captivating. Only played a lil bit. But wow. Thats gaming. Props to Naughty Dog.

big-storm.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
4TB Western Digital Black. It says I’ll have 2.88TB remaining after moving over all my stuff. It was probably overkill but I listened to the fear mongering and went for a bigger size.
Yea I'm gonna overkill it too.. 2.88 for the entire rest of the system cycle ain't bad.. Even if they drop a pro, I can just take my memory with me