The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can use $15 reward to buy The Ascent which is on sale for $14.99

@Gizmo_Duck have you played The Ascent?

@surf are you still playing the Ascent or are you getting bored with it?

I played it twice…on game pass and on PS5…I copped the DLC a few weeks back and need to play it…it’s a fun shooter but it can get stale quick…the side missions are not worth doing at all…overall the game is like 7-7.5 imo…getting into shootouts is very fun tho but overall it can get boringly repetitive after a while

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I played it twice…on game pass and on PS5…I copped the DLC a few weeks back and need to play it…it’s a fun shooter but it can get stale quick…the side missions are not worth doing at all…overall the game is like 7-7.5 imo…getting into shootouts is very fun tho but it can get boringly repetitive after a while

Why you play that game twice on both systems? Which one you prefer to pay on XSX/GamePass or PS5?

How was haptic feedback in The ascent on PS5?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why you play that game twice on both systems? Which one you prefer to pay on XSX/GamePass or PS5?

How was haptic feedback in The ascent on PS5?

I played it on game pass cuz it was free…I bought it again on PS5 to support it and bcuz I thought I would enjoy a replay but the replay wasn’t as fun as when I initially played it…but since the DLC offers new content, guns and enemies I’ll more than likely have fun with it…again the shooting is fun but running around to the different areas got kind of tedious after a while and the side missions were absolutely pointless…the haptic feedback is nonexistent outside of serving as a rumble pack…there really is no difference playing it on either system…I think that’s what annoyed me too playing it that second time…I thought the game would incorporate its use well on the PS5

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll find the game thread and bump it…the feedback I give in the thread might be more detailed since it was “fresh” as I was still playing the game

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
here are my comments regarding playing the campaign on the PS5…again I really enjoyed the shooting but there are a lot of things that need improvement that stop this from being a great game (it’s still a good game tho)…when I spoke about playing this game a second time before actually replaying it, I think I only remembered the good parts and not the bad…replaying it reminded me of a few things I didn’t like

• game looks every bit as gorgeous on the PS5
  • character creation is still very barebones…was hoping they’d improve that
  • L2 brings up your weapon but don’t keep pressing it while shooting lmao…made that mistake last time too
  • dualsense functionality seems non-existent…no adaptive triggers…I’ll double-check the settings
I’m underwhelmed by the dualsense feedback…shootouts are still fun tho…I had the luxury of playing it for free so based on that I didn’t mind paying $30 for it on the PS5…for those who are unsure maybe wait for it to hit $14.99-19.99 to give it a try…some aspects of the game can be overwhelming/confusing for the first time
I forgot how challenging this game is in single player mode…needs a patch tho to clean up some minor things…nothing that impacts gameplay severely tho
I’m overpowered way too early in the game now that I know exactly which weapons and augmentations to fukk with from rip…as well as what skill areas I need to max out first lmao
completed all the main missions…the shooting is fun as hell but everything else was boring the 2nd time around…paid zero attention to the story since I remembered the gist of it…contemplating doing the side missions which I didn’t touch…I remember some being challenging and others just being busy work…it was easy to navigate shyt since I played it before but I can imagine how confusing the map is for first time players and not being able to set waypoints is still annoying…I’m giving it a 7 on my second playthrough…on my first playthrough I would’ve given it an 8.5 maybe…just saw an old post of mine and will probably skip the side missions…not worth it just for one trophy

*edit*

ok I actually did give it an 8.5 on my first playthrough

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I know there's some end of year sales on the PS store now, but do they usually do a christmas and new years sale as well or is this it for now?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know there's some end of year sales on the PS store now, but do they usually do a christmas and new years sale as well or is this it for now?

I guess you can consider it all 3-in-1…there’s definitely an xmas sale that’ll last about a week or two leading into the new year

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I freaking love Ghostwire: Tokyo can't believe I slept on this game.

@Kamikaze Revy I can't believe you said about the control need improvement with the right stick feels, etc. It looks and feels so fine to me and I don't have issues with it. Games controls are super simple and intuitive I feel.

I also like that it’s not too combat focused. There is definitely combat in the game, but battles are quick and action packed, and with the various powers and talismans, you can really fight in your own style. The hand gestures and the various spells are really cool and different than old-fashioned gun combat which is I love it. :wow:

I liked the all stories they told.

This is becomes my quick favorite game..

@surf @Gizmo_Duck

Y'all gotta give this game a chance. :wow:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I freaking love Ghostwire: Tokyo can't believe I slept on this game.

@Kamikaze Revy I can't believe you said about the control need improvement with the right stick feels, etc. It looks and feels so fine to me and I don't have issues with it. Games controls are super simple and intuitive I feel.

I also like that it’s not too combat focused. There is definitely combat in the game, but battles are quick and action packed, and with the various powers and talismans, you can really fight in your own style. The hand gestures and the various spells are really cool and different than old-fashioned gun combat which is I love it. :wow:

I liked the all stories they told.

This is becomes my quick favorite game..

@surf @Gizmo_Duck

Y'all gotta give this game a chance. :wow:
Glad youre enjoying it.
The combat has a nice pace. They increase the difficulty with more enemies at a time and different variations.
Some of them are borderline scary. Like something out of "The Ring".
There's been only one mission that I found pretty annoying so far and it has to do with limiting certain abilities.