The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it’s ok so far…shiny objects floating in the air remind me of deathloop for some reason…some gameplay is similar to dishonored but not as smooth…story hasn’t weaved me in yet…this is something I’d pick up if it’s being offered free on PS…previews never made me want to rush and buy it…playing it for a bit hasn’t changed that

I love Deathloop. Yeah, it kind of remind me of Deathloop but different. I liked Dishornored when I played on Xbox 360.

Again, you only play beginning in trial for one hour.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love Deathloop. Yeah, it kind of remind me of Deathloop but different. I liked Dishornored when I played on Xbox 360.

Again, you only play beginning in trial for one hour.

ya I imagine the game gets more fun as you pick up more skills…I’m thinking about getting it on the steam deck

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ya I imagine the game gets more fun as you pick up more skills…I’m thinking about getting it on the steam deck

:scusthov: on the steam deck?, depend what games like Ghostwire: Tokoy better off on LG C1 Oled, on tv screen. Game like Sackboy, Crash Bandicoot 4, Death's Door would make sense on the seam deck

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:scusthov: on the steam deck?, depend what games like Ghostwire: Tokoy better off on LG C1 Oled, on tv screen. Game like Sackboy, Crash Bandicoot 4, Death's Door would make sense on the seam deck

I agree in general at the bold but this game doesn’t look good enough imo to prefer playing it on my TV…this looks like a PS4 game…I’m surprised as hell to see that it’s PS5 only

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I just playing Ghostwire: Tokyo trial. Man, I can't believe I slept on this game. I wish I've copped this game when it was on sale. Navigating the Tokyo city is a lot of fun and the combat is amazing

Man, I feel like this is a true next-gen game cause of the damn amazing haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in this game.

@Kamikaze Revy I know you have this game.

@Gizmo_Duck have you played this game?

Edited: My Ghostwire: Tokyo game trial has just ended :mjcry:
Yes sir. I mentioned it before. The game is definitely slept on.
It isn't perfect. To get the bad out of the way, the controls need improvement, primarily on how the right stick feels. For essentially a first person shooter it doesn't get up to par. Tweaking the settings can help significantly but it still doesn't feel as fluid as it should when compared to other shooters. On default settings I found it borderline unbearable. After adjustments, I got it to passable/mildly annoying.

That aside, the game is gorgeous, the empty world actually makes sense within the narrative. The story is engaging (albeit a bit convoluted in typical anime fashion). The enemies are awesome. The gameplay loop is fun. Combat feels incredibly satisfying (no other game comes close to the naruto jutsu style feeling that this game has). The haptics are dope.

The promotion of this game just didn't click with people.
IMO, the closet game this game compares to is Bioshock. That's likely a bold statement for most to hear but the combat, progression style, and overall feel of the world reminds me so much of Bioshock except set in Tokyo. I haven't finished the game yet because it isn't perfect and got put on the backburner by better games but, every PS5 owner should definitely cop this game immediately whenever they see it on sale. I think I paid $30 or so for it and feel like it was a steal.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yes sir. I mentioned it before. The game is definitely slept on.
It isn't perfect. To get the bad out of the way, the controls need improvement, primarily on how the right stick feels. For essentially a first person shooter it doesn't get up to par. Tweaking the settings can help significantly but it still doesn't feel as fluid as it should when compared to other shooters. On default settings I found it borderline unbearable. After adjustments, I got it to passable/mildly annoying.

That aside, the game is gorgeous, the empty world actually makes sense within the narrative. The story is engaging (albeit a bit convoluted in typical anime fashion). The enemies are awesome. The gameplay loop is fun. Combat feels incredibly satisfying (no other game comes close to the naruto jutsu style feeling that this game has). The haptics are dope.

The promotion of this game just didn't click with people.
IMO, the closet game this game compares to is Bioshock. That's likely a bold statement for most to hear but the combat, progression style, and overall feel of the world reminds me so much of Bioshock except set in Tokyo. I haven't finished the game yet because it isn't perfect and got put on the backburner by better games but, every PS5 owner should definitely cop this game immediately whenever they see it on sale. I think I paid $30 or so for it and feel like it was a steal.
I'm reevaluate my interest in this one. I was interested previously, but a lil more intrigued now.