The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
PS tiers is so confusing. If I want to upgrade to a higher tier and still have time left, I can't upgrade to have 12 months?
I think 3 tiers is stupid. should have just been 2 for the nominal price difference. It's like places that have a regular drink and the large drink is 25 cents more and it makes sense just to get the large.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do people see as the releases for PS5 next year? Hard to tell what's happening as they seem to be very tight-lipped and haven't actually confirmed many games or even bothered to have a showcase.

Worst-Case Scenario:

Horizon: Call of the Mountain
Horizon SP DLC
Helldivers 2
Final Fantasy XVI
Forspoken
Destiny 2: Lightfall
The Devil Inside
Tchia
Stellar Blade

Best-Case Scenario:

Horizon SP DLC
Helldivers 2
Final Fantasy XVI
Forspoken
The Devil Inside
Tchia
Stellar Blade
Spiderman 2
The Last of Us: Factions
GT7 VR
Silent Hill 2 Remake
GranBlue Fantasy ReLink

Not convinced Last of Us: Factions and Spider-man 2 are coming next year honestly. Lot of other stuff up in the air - new Death Stranding? Twisted Metal? Astro VR? London Studio's game? Horizon MP?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What do people see as the releases for PS5 next year? Hard to tell what's happening as they seem to be very tight-lipped and haven't actually confirmed many games or even bothered to have a showcase.

Worst-Case Scenario:

Horizon SP DLC
Helldivers 2
Final Fantasy XVI
Forspoken
The Devil Inside
Tchia
Stellar Blade

Best-Case Scenario:

Horizon SP DLC
Helldivers 2
Final Fantasy XVI
Forspoken
The Devil Inside
Tchia
Stellar Blade
Spiderman 2
The Last of Us: Factions
GT7 VR
Silent Hill 2 Remake
GranBlue Fantasy ReLink

Not convinced Last of Us: Factions and Spider-man 2 are coming next year honestly. Lot of other stuff up in the air - new Death Stranding? Twisted Metal? Astro VR? London Studio's game? Horizon MP?

Hard to say really, i think we’re gonna have to wait until early next year (or TGA) to find out. Imo

Final Fantasy 16, Helldivers 2, Spider-man 2, Stellar Blade, Horizon DLC, Forspoken, Call of The Mountain - is a really good year with all the 3rd party stuff.

Not gonna say whether or not spidey or factions makes it because sony was quiet about god of war ragnarok all year too and they still managed to get it out (along with surprise dropping TLOU Part 1) and i see insomniac as a much more efficient studio than Santa Monica.

I don’t see sony going a whole year relying on 3rd parties either way, its not their M.O

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That account they're replying to is on some loser shyt. "I been bugging Insomniac." fukk outta here. :mjlol:

Thats what devs on twitter wake up to everyday lol

Its pretty much “wheres the game” in all their comments, same with naughty dog

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
They gotta put out some games, next year is Microsoft's biggest year. I doubt they are trying to have the same gameplan as Microsoft this past year and putting out zero. A game like Spiderman is all you need to get momentum back. I have no faith in Factions because didn't they say it was still just a concept?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
God of War was also very quiet damn near up until a couple of months before release, I'd say Insomniac are fine. They're called Insomniac for a reason. I'm sure they'll probably drop a new Ratchet game on some suprise shyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
God of War was also very quiet damn near up until a couple of months before release, I'd say Insomniac are fine. They're called Insomniac for a reason. I'm sure they'll probably drop a new Ratchet game on some suprise shyt.

Also, R&C Rift Apart went pretty quiet up until a couple months before it dropped also, the first real gameplay trailer or info it had came out a few days before Returnal at the end of April, and it dropped in the beginning of June. Sony doesn’t seem to be doing long roll outs anymore. Where you see the same games in multiple big showcases or state of plays.

Last gen they had the same 3-4 games at every E3 show. Horizon Forbidden West had its one teaser at the PS5 future games showcase, and a state of play of its own.

. I have no faith in Factions because didn't they say it was still just a concept?

Naw they showed the concept art but its been in production at least since 2019. Last year when bloomberg leaked the last of us part 1 they said Bend had moved back onto its own game because they were helping with an unnamed uncharted game and the multiplayer for TLOU which was in its final stages. They also stopped hiring for it a while ago outside the monetization engineer.

They really gotta make sure Factions 2 comes out not only with a good amount of content but with additional seasonal content ready to go. Thats why its better off a stand-alone experience so they can just concentrate on multiplayer

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bought Sackboy on PSN's Black Friday deals for $20. I'm so glad I waited and this game is dope as fukk. I wouldn't be mad if I spent $60 or $70.