The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

Daps
u7djcXU.jpg

Wonder what the first and third party stuff is. :patrice:

First Party:

-> Guerilla Games (Horizon + new small IP)
-> ND (Factions + TLOU Remake + new IP)
-> SMS (God of War 2 & new small IP)
-> GoT 2 + new IP or Infamous returning
-> New Sony Bend IP
-> Dreams PS5
-> Insomniac (Ratchet & Spiderman 2) + Sunset Overdrive Sequel
-> New Pixelopus game
-> New AstroBot PSVR2
-> GT7
-> MLB 2022 + new IP (rumors studio is working on a new game)
-->Rumored secret Sony studio opened in Cali IP
-> New London Studio game
->Unannounced cross studio games
That's only 16 games. :patrice: They must have second party stuff as well.

-> Returnal
-> New Bluepoint game
-> New Arrowhead?
-> New Haven Studio game
-> New Firewalk studio game
-> WiLD?
-> New Sumo Digital game?
-> New Team Ninja
-> Rumoured Remedy game
-> Rumoured Supermassive games

In all likelihood there are 5-6 PSVR2 games we don't know about. So 25 + seems like an easy number to reach.

As for third party, as I said, lots of rumours that Sony have games coming with Team Ninja, Remedy, Supermassive and maybe Kojima. Dunno if these are 2nd or 3rd party though. :hubie:
when reading the article, I got the impression it is Sony's first party studios. Playstation Studios = Sony's first party studios
I don't think they are counting 2nd party and 3rd party games
Don't forget the reduced Japan studios
Some games could also be cross studio with several studios helping each other make one game
Remember, all of Sony's first party studios have had dev kits since 2017 or 2018. So I expect at least one new IP from each of their major studios or a revival of an older IP.
Sony is also probably counting games in pre-production/conceptual stages

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when reading the article, I got the impression it is Sony's first party studios. Playstation Studios = Sony's first party studios
I don't think they are counting 2nd party and 3rd party games
Don't forget the reduced Japan studios
Some games could also be cross studio with studios helping each other make one game

Remember, all of Sony's first party studios have had dev kits since 2017 or 2018. So I expect at least one new IP from each of their major studios or a revival of an older IP.
Sony is also probably counting games in pre-production/conceptual stages

The reduced Japan studio is just the AstroBot dudes at this stage though.

Yeah it's hard to tell what is first and third party exactly.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt anyone knows what Sony is actually gonna do. They don’t have “leaks” like MS

Also, Sony isn’t even at E3 so why would this apply to GoW?

Schrier leaked a bunch of shyt a month back. Hell Shinobi on :mjpls: knew about the TLOU remake months ago. Plenty of people know about this stuff without being able to say.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is pretty cool....the way the PS5 Compresses games files, cuts them in half and more. It explains why R&C is only 42mb

Daps
Miles might actually catch up to the sales of spider-man 2018. Everyone that buys a PS5 buys it with it.

Hopefully this confirms Miles is a playable and major character in Spiderman 2
I preferred playing as Miles and enjoyed his story more than Peter's
DLC better be coming for MM either later this year or early next year
I predict Spiderman 2 will have Miles and Peter as playable characters, with Miles having a major role in the story.
Insomniac learns from each game and incorporates elements from past games so I think this is a safe prediction considering the MM sales and the having two playable characters in R&C

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I predict Spiderman 2 will have Miles and Peter as playable characters, with Miles having a major role in the story.
Insomniac learns from each game and incorporates elements from past games so I think this is a safe prediction considering the MM sales and the having two playable characters in R&C

I really just wanna see how they do venom/symbiote for part 2.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think more than anything, it proves that as long as the games are good and they don't flood the market, they've got LOTS of flexibility for what a mainline Spider-Man game even is. They could easily take their time with main entry games that include Miles, Peter, and whoever else (you're crazy if you don't think Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider isn't on someone over there's radar) as the cast with longer playtimes and bigger story developments. And then in between, they could put out smaller games focused on individual characters. And assuming Insomniac is cool with educating other studios on how they manage the engine, they don't even have to be the lead developer on some of them. Could be a pretty good setup.