The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Not a big deal yet but I can see the internal storage capacity being a problem soon.

Any recommendations for expandable storage for the PS5?

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
It's 2021, not 1996, brehs. I realize old habits die hard, but the overwhelming majority of electronics are designed today to remain in a low power state. The only time turning off a desktop/laptop (if it's charging) or a console in 2021 makes most sense is when there's bad weather which can cause power outages and electrical damage as a consequence. Not having to wait for updates, being able to install games while 45 miles away from home and have them ready to play when I walk in, & being able to pick up exactly where I left off are valuable commodities. Outside of traveling to and from university & home -- and the occasional power outage -- I kept my PS4 in Rest Mode for six years. It's okay, brehs. :whoa: Tech has and will continue to evolve.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's 2021, not 1996, brehs. I realize old habits die hard, but the overwhelming majority of electronics are designed today to remain in a low power state. The only time turning off a desktop/laptop (if it's charging) or a console in 2021 makes most sense is when there's bad weather which can cause power outages and electrical damage as a consequence. Not having to wait for updates, being able to install games while 45 miles away from home and have them ready to play when I walk in, & being able to pick up exactly where I left off are valuable commodities. Outside of traveling to and from university & home -- and the occasional power outage -- I kept my PS4 in Rest Mode for six years. It's okay, brehs. :whoa: Tech has and will continue to evolve.

nikkas had me thinking i was nuts for like two minutes for using rest mode :heh:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

where I live it's severe storm season & the power can go out but still, my old habits will die hard...I got enough patience to wait for whatever to download or update when I'm home:yeshrug:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will be interesting to see what happens after Returnal/Ratchet release. Guessing we get a big state of play in September after MS have had their E3 event with:

-> Horizon 2 (will have to come end of 2021)
-> GT7
-> Naughty Dog Stuff - Factions and TLOU Remake
-> New IP - maybe whatever Arrowhead are working on.
-> FFXV shyt
-> God Of War 2 for the finish

Factions and Horizon will be the big end of 2021 games. TLOU Remake is the big surprise but it's already been revealed. :yeshrug:

Last edited:
Daps
Will be interesting to see what happens after Returnal/Ratchet release. Guessing we get a big state of play in September after MS have had their E3 event with:

-> GT7

Factions and Horizon will be the big end of 2021 games. TLOU Remake is the big surprise but it's already been revealed. :yeshrug:
Factions probably a 2022 game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

-> GT7

Sony will def not go without their own event in June. I think the Sony conference will be end of June or early July. Factions and HZD2 are def the big fall/winter games this year. Which is cool with me, a big multiplayer game and a big open world adventure/rpg. You also have to take into account the 2nd party releases like Kena, Sifu, Ghostwire, Deathloop, Stray, Little Devil Inside.....and we’ll probably get a surprise game in the mix somewhere. Either something that we thought was getting pushed back or something unannounced.

All in all this has been a pretty goat first year of a console launch, i don’t really think anything compares aside from maybe teh switch first year.

From november 2020-2021:

• Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Astro’s Playroom
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Destruction All-Stars
  • MLB The Show
  • Returnal
  • Ratchet & Clank A Rift Apart
  • Factions 2
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Forbidden West

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
where I live it's severe storm season & the power can go out but still, my old habits will die hard...I got enough patience to wait for whatever to download or update when I'm home:yeshrug:

You need to buy a surge protector for your expensive electronics. All my consoles, computers, and TV's are plugged into surge protectors.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
#PS5 vs #XboxSeries X/S vs #Switch Launch Sales Comparison Through Week 22:
The PS5 has sold over 7.29 million in 22 weeks worldwide.

PS5 vs. Xbox Series X/S vs Switch Global:
PS5: 7,295,621
Switch: 4,857,506
XSX/S: 4,525,737

Source: #VGChartz
EzvyhIhXoAk_fhE

PlayStation is doomed