The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Whats wrong with rest mode? I have never shut my console down
I personally don’t use rest mode because there were stories of it bricking peoples consoles, and causing issues with the wifi, and booting up in general. I would like to finally use rest mode though. I’m more concerned about the wifi. If you have a wifi 6 router the ps5 has issues with it (even though wifi 6 is a ps5 feature). The wifi card stops detecting all wifi networks unless you restart the console sometimes, and people with wifi issues are suggested to switch to 2.4 GHz mode (and even that is still spotty, and it’s way slower).

There’s people on the ps5 subreddit that’s been complaining about it for months. Mine has been extremely inconsistent, and its definitely not an isp problem because sometimes my ps5 doesn’t detect any networks like i said.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I personally don’t use rest mode because there were stories of it bricking peoples consoles, and causing issues with the wifi, and booting up in general. I would like to finally use rest mode though. I’m more concerned about the wifi. If you have a wifi 6 router the ps5 has issues with it (even though wifi 6 is a ps5 feature), the wifi card stops detecting all wifi networks unless you restart the console sometimes, and people with wifi issues are suggested to switch to 2.4 GHz mode (and even that is still spotty, and it’s way slower). There’s people on the ps5 subreddit that’s been complaining about it for months. Mine has been extremely inconsistent.

I think that might have only been with spider-man which was patched. I haven’t heard anything about rest mode bricking since launch

I wasn’t familiar with the WiFi thing though

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I think that might have only been with spider-man which was patched. I haven’t heard anything about rest mode bricking since launch

I wasn’t familiar with the WiFi thing though
There’s many YouTube videos on how to fix the wifi to. Search ps5 wifi i’m sure a lot of videos will come up. I would say most people don’t have the wifi issues. But still there are many that do. For me, when 5 GHz works, it works good. But most of the time it works for up to an hour (sometimes only minutes), then refuses to connect to, or detect any wifi signals.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
hoping so. I really wanna give it a shot but with it being new, I would like some reassurance

I think a lot of people (industry, enthusiast) are rooting for this game after the rumors that said Sony they only focusing on big titles this gen. Also, I’m sure a lot of people that love the genre would love for it to evolve with bigger budgets finally.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hope Guerrilla Games consulted with Kojimas team on how to get better motion capture/animations with the Decima engine. The characters in Horizon looked really goofy especially compared to their real life models. People called Aloy ugly the entire time but the face model is decent looking.

436e161d8d10769e8e4f8d38193e8c9c.jpg