Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
ye6z7fs55os61.png

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
Couple comments of things I’ve noticed.

They can definitely make improvements to their UI. I’ve been playing Nioh 2 the PS4 version with no knowledge of a free PS5 upgrade until I went to the Coli thread. This is something that should be blasted to me when I try to start an older inferior product.

Also Sony needs to create a smart delivery feature ASAP. Trying to figure out how to move my old save to the upgraded version was more hassle than it probably should have been.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Couple comments of things I’ve noticed.

They can definitely make improvements to their UI. I’ve been playing Nioh 2 the PS4 version with no knowledge of a free PS5 upgrade until I went to the Coli thread. This is something that should be blasted to me when I try to start an older inferior product.

Also Sony needs to create a smart delivery feature ASAP. Trying to figure out how to move my old save to the upgraded version was more hassle than it probably should have been.

that’s weird, I popped in now mans sky yesterday (PS4 copy) and first thing I saw was free PS5 upgrade underneath the tile.

for all of the comments I’ve heard on how confusing it can be, I was surprised how straight forward it was

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that’s weird, I popped in now mans sky yesterday (PS4 copy) and first thing I saw was free PS5 upgrade underneath the tile.

for all of the comments I’ve heard on how confusing it can be, I was surprised how straight forward it was

Getting the PS5 version of the game itself is easy. It's the saves situation that's the issue. At this point, the norm is that you have to launch the PS4 version and export your save, then import after launching the PS5 version. At least from my own experience, the only games that have done all that automatically are games that keep player info/saves serverside, like Destiny 2.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Getting the PS5 version of the game itself is easy. It's the saves situation that's the issue. At this point, the norm is that you have to launch the PS4 version and export your save, then import after launching the PS5 version. At least from my own experience, the only games that have done all that automatically are games that keep player info/saves serverside, like Destiny 2.

Yeah, its a pain in the ass, I did it with Nioh 2. It took about 10 extra minutes doing the dance of ps4-ps5 but you only have to do it once so it’s not that big of a deal, its just a bad implementation of saves and BC.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, its a pain in the ass, I did it with Nioh 2. It took about 10 extra minutes doing the dance of ps4-ps5 but you only have to do it once so it’s not that big of a deal, its just a bad implementation of saves and BC.

Definitely not ideal.

Especially if the developer implements it poorly. For example, Borderlands 3 will only let you have one save reserved to pull down to PS5 at a time. That's ridiculous.

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.

It might be a priority or developer thing then. Would have loved a little blurb right in my face at some point saying, “hey did you get the free upgrade”. If not from Sony then the developer.

Cross-gen saves are not difficult once you figure it out, but at least for Nioh it isn’t intuitive until you Google it online. Makes you appreciate it when it’s automatic.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
:dahell:Why is the price rising again? They were on EBay for 700-750 a few weeks ago, now they’re all $800+