The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Am I welcomed in this thread? Lol I like the fact that the dualsense gonna have a built in microphone...Sony seems to be putting women at the forefront of alot of their 1st party games Nowadays...I can dig it tho..currently debating if I shud cop the ps5 day1 or wait a while then cop

Why would you not be welcomed?

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
From Reddit

Notes:
crib note from neogaf:

* Github was early silicon testing and not reflective of final PS5 hardware and several features of the GPU were disabled including VRS for this testing
* Github results were very old even at the time of the leak
* PS5 did NOT have RDNA 2 features like Ray-tracing bolted on, this would have been almost impossible from a technical and hardware engineering perspective
* PS5 has custom features which will influence AMD's future Roadmap just as the PS4 did
* PS5 features a highly customised RDNA 2 GPU however has certain features removed because Sony did not find them useful for their console
* The variable frequency approach was not a last minute decision, this is stupid. This feature has a major influence on silicon functionality and system functions.
* PS5 has a more advanced geometry handler than what is featured on RDNA 2 and is found on the PS5 GE block and will be very important for VR as well
* This customisation and revisions Cerny has made to the Geometry Engine will be featured on RDNA 3 and the larger GPU caches that PS5 features will also feature on RDNA 3
* PS5 handles mesh shaders differently to the Series X but is pretty much the same
* PS5's VRS (Variable Rate Shading) capability will benefit heavily from the PS5's Geometry Engine and will work very efficiently
* Microsoft has done customisations on Series X APU but no where near as extensive as the customisations Sony have made on the PS5 APU
* Both consoles will benefit heavily from the IPC gains from RDNA 1 to RDNA 2
* PS5 teardown which highlights cooling will be shown sometime in August (Maybe)
* PS5 ray-tracing is done through the RDNA 2 method however Sony has made customisations which allow the the ray-tracing to run at different frequencies (take this with a grain of salt)
* PS5's SSD can be updated through micro code and this will allow higher levels of compression if newer compression algorithms are available
* Tempest Engine will be able to adjust it's power budget to divert power to the CPU/GPU and is able to handle tasks other than audio and does a good job of handling certain CPU tasks
* PS5 has customisations made on the CPU such as unified CCX clusters which will feature on Zen 3 however the PS5 CPU is sill a custom Zen 2, this will allow for lower latency when accessing cache
* Unreal Engine 5 has tech which has not yet been shown off, Lumen is a software based ray-tracing approach however it can be hardware accelerated with PS5's RT cores and maybe the same for Series X
* PS5 spec bump is not likely and RAM bandwidth is not a big issue because PS5 has a very good data compression system as well as cache
* More revised dev kits of PS5 will be sent out soon but will feature optimisations and major. code, nothing major.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Naw MS gon be ok, they just gotta push the new ips gotta give halo a rest after this one. As long as they can do 1080/60 the system will sell just fine

They doin okay now even with the egg laid this gen. Just saying it looks like it will be more of the same.... :francis:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seems like both companies are being all coy with information

Exactly, I was already off of gaming companies hyping up pipe dreams anymore, but I'm kinda over this drip of info from both sides. It looks like neither side wants to give up any leverage understandably, but if that's the case they either don't have the info they're letting on yet, or they're dragging shyt out for no reason. The release date is the release date, and we're coming up on the bottom third of the year.

Xbox I don't care as much about taking their time with the console, because I don't see a need for the console only the games. But the shyt is still kinda corny imo. They've both had the stage to themselves and have come up short of my (rather low) expectations

Either put the rubber to the road or stfu disseminating this info through leakers

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

Faceplates being removable would be great. It would allow for third party customized face plates or even customizing it yourself without damage or warranty voiding.