The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Bloodborne is the best PS4 game to me. Its defeats the dumbass myth that all PS games are "cinematic." Horizon Zero Dawn is very fun but had waaaaay more fun with Bloodborne. For the next game hope character customization has more depth.

Certain cats complain about the cinematic style ps4 games yet when others try to do the same thing they aren't as good doing it......

Anything with a cutscene is "cinematic" to some clowns out there. Ain't sayin no names tho...

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Certain cats complain about the cinematic style ps4 games yet when others try to do the same thing they aren't as good doing it......

Anything with a cutscene is "cinematic" to some clowns out there. Ain't sayin no names tho...
Quantum Break? Ryse? :laff::laff: Xbox fans have ZERO excuses to call Playstation games "cinematic." I see many Xbox fans hype up fukking Ryse. With its boring ass quick time events and other shyt.

I been playing GOW and yea there's a lot of cutscenes but GOW combat is some of the most fun combat I ever played this gen. shyt is addictive. So I don't know what they mean. TLOU 2 seems very cinematic and UC4 was but Horizon Zero Dawn is not for example...

Anyways the word "cinematic" doesn't even have a strict definition in gaming.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Quantum Break? Ryse? :laff::laff: Xbox fans have ZERO excuses to call Playstation games "cinematic." I see many Xbox fans hype up fukking Ryse. With its boring ass quick time events and other shyt.

I been playing GOW and yea there's a lot of cutscenes but GOW combat is some of the most fun combat I ever played this gen. shyt is addictive. So I don't know what they mean. TLOU 2 seems very cinematic and UC4 was but Horizon Zero Dawn is not for example...

Anyways the word "cinematic" doesn't even have a strict definition in gaming.
it's just a dumb cop out when Xbox stans want to critique a PS title. They see great looking cutscenes and say "looks good graphically but it's cinematic and poor gameplay."

Half the times they never played the game so they're just trolling.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Wanna see a dead body

Screen_Shot_2020-05-19_at_5.31.20_PM.png

AWtbAyB.jpg

AWtbAyB

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wanna see a dead body

Screen_Shot_2020-05-19_at_5.31.20_PM.png

AWtbAyB.jpg

AWtbAyB
Now if this doesn't happen I'll be angry as fukk and launch my controller at the wall like the way Low Tier God does when he loses.

Demon's Soul remake and a brand new Crash game? One more game and I'd be content with launch until HZ2. Not to mention we don't know of third party launch titles. I know it's fake. We'll know in a couple of weeks!

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
John Carmack is asked if he agrees with Tim
John Carmack is one of the few people in tech that really really gives a shyt about latency in a pipeline. He'd take lower latency over an ultimately higher throughput. His megatexture technology also could have done with this kind of emphasis on IO years ago.

Sweeney always put an emphasis on easy to work with and keeping things simple, and that has got him far. Carmack was the opposite. He'd complain about the mouse input latency introduced by certain aspects of Windows architecture, and if he could shave a millisecond off of it by rewriting something by hand in assembly language, he would.

Sweeney also gave up programming for 9 months after the release of DOOM, completely demoralised by what he saw Carmack achieve, only to bounce back and write the Unreal engine.

Cerny's history is an epic read, and he's been involved in so much from Atari, through Sega, through Naughty Dog and Insomniac and into PlayStation. He's one of the old guard and completely changes the way games are made by putting an emphasis on people rather than schedules, and by listening to developers from day one. He was also instrumental to PS2's success with a shared set of tools (ICE) he helped develop, for sorting out PS3's mess and again getting tools out there for developers to be able to work with Cell, and then for designing the massively successful PS4.
Async Compute—which nanite relies heavily on—was also the result of a collaboration between Sony and AMD. All to utilise the GPU CUs more. Coherency Engine and the cache scrubbers aim to up utilisation even more, to edge closer to that 10.2TF theoretical limit.

These three fukkers know what's up. We're not getting a shinier version of what we've had for a decade or more, but potentially new worlds and kinds of games without the same limitations. A regular SSD setup would have taken us in that direction already, but this front-to-back IO book rewrite takes us already to a mature version of what will be possible.

I'm getting an XSX after the first price drop for Flight Simulator and also to see how Halo is doing, and whatever other first-party investments Microsoft have made have come up with. I have love for all these consoles, Nintendo included. I also need to get around to building a new PC when the wife is distracted, but I'm by far more excited about PS5 at the moment.

Getting promoted at Sega was all about seniority, where you don't question the hierarchy. It's why Sega lost the creators of Sonic to Cerny's team in the US. Promotion at Microsoft seems related to how well you maneuver within the company, too. Sony's PlayStation division seems completely different. You've got Shu rooting for the little guys and constantly posting Platinum trophies from the games he's playing. You've got Cerny that is friends with the likes of Shu from the old days and is in fact and external consultant that got the PS4 job by just asking pretty much as a friend. Cerny himself still directly involved in making games and game engines.

Sony isn't run as much by men in suits that know how to look and sound the part. They are gamers and nerds and live the part.

@Jesus is my protector
The last part seems a bit believable as I've seen Shu post tweets time and time again posting trophies of certain games. I def feel like some of the guys running Playstation are actually gamers. On the contrary, I feel like only Phil at MSFT truly plays some games. I don't buy Aaron Greenberg or the other faces as authentic. They look faker than a $3 bill.

Rare to see execs just talking about the game.

Last edited: