The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i havent been involved with the console PC specs for about 5-10 years. i went from xbox to ps 2 years ago and i havent looked back. xbox was a great overall entertainment system but i rarely got to use it as such. but i seemed to have a better gaming experience this generation on the ps4.

so excuse me if this is a dumb question. but why havent we seen any of these sports games adopt using the unreal engines? does it not make sense to do so?

i only ask because thats the 95% of the games i play

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i havent been involved with the console PC specs for about 5-10 years. i went from xbox to ps 2 years ago and i havent looked back. xbox was a great overall entertainment system but i rarely got to use it as such. but i seemed to have a better gaming experience this generation on the ps4.

so excuse me if this is a dumb question. but why havent we seen any of these sports games adopt using the unreal engines? does it not make sense to do so?

Cheaper to use their own engine and Unreal isn’t good for everything.

Seems it’s best for action games and shooters.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cheaper to use their own engine and Unreal isn’t good for everything.

Seems it’s best for action games and shooters.

got it. thats what i figured it was one of those two if not both. would love to see what some of these sports games will be like next gen. although all my issues lie in microtransaction and lack of detail to anythign other than online play

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
XUpJW4v_d.webp

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
got it. thats what i figured it was one of those two if not both. would love to see what some of these sports games will be like next gen. although all my issues lie in microtransaction and lack of detail to anythign other than online play
To be honest...

Sports games for the next gen will be considered a scam in regards to advancement if the detail of the crowds in the last row of the stands don't have as much detail as a player on the court from NBA2K19.

If the crowd looks cookie cutter...they are fukkboy devs.

Same goes for racing games.

nikka, I want to see the in arena cam pan over the crowd and they close up on fans in the stands on some..."Today is Johnny's birthday! Happy birthday from your New York Knicks!"

That type of shyt should be possible.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Simple answer - different engines are good for different types of games.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
EA sports games use the Frostbite engine (developed by DICE who make the Battlefield series)