The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
It’s looking more and more like that’s the case :beli:

We won’t really know anything until like Tuesday but if it is true, I don’t understand how I get a launch game on launch day but not the console to play it on :gucci:

What it looks like is they have a total amount of systems and they gonna split it as evenly as possible among all stores...

So it's quite possible that even if you pre ordered, it might be a delay depending on the cut off...

I think systems ship every week so stores probably getting shipments that weekend and rush it out...

What it might look like is, even if the ps5 is available for order on launch day, it dont mean its gonna be available for actual pick up...

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Target is shipping on the day it’s released - the expected shipping date makes that clear. They were planning this from the jump that’s why the dates for the consoles are a day after. Once they have a tracking number to provide you, they will charge your card.

I'm kinda surprised that a lot of people are surprised that Target does this. They've been doing it for a minute now.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
What it looks like is they have a total amount of systems and they gonna split it as evenly as possible among all stores...

So it's quite possible that even if you pre ordered, it might be a delay depending on the cut off...

I think systems ship every week so stores probably getting shipments that weekend and rush it out...

What it might look like is, even if the ps5 is available for order on launch day, it dont mean its gonna be available for actual pick up...

I ordered mine for delivery though :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I know this has turned into “when we gettin this shyt” thread but y’all think some reviewers are being a little coy on the fact that PS5 actually has decent launch games? I think a lot of journalist have to walk a fine line in not making console wars worse or creating bad blood with microsoft or Sony but I’ve heard some people mention how sony also doesn’t have much to offer for launch. I feel like this is being disingenuous to keep the peace. There’s nothing wrong with saying, one console is literally not launching with any new games while the other is.

Godfall
Miles with clear upgrades
Astro which is free
Demon Souls
Pathless
BugSnax

And a lot of games coming by 2nd quarter 2021. I don’t think theres anything wrong with stating that for people looking to buy a new console that there is a clear line up of new games to play. I feel like maybe it’s because a lot of reviewers only got astrobot and spider-man to review and maybe they’re not counting the other games. But come thursday everyones gonna be ravings about demon souls, and the others, and thats like 100+ hours of new game on launch alone. That’s not something to ignore.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know this has turned into “when we gettin this shyt” thread but y’all think some reviewers are being a little coy on the fact that PS5 actually has decent launch games? I think a lot of journalist have to walk a fine line in not making console wars worse or creating bad blood with microsoft or Sony but I’ve heard some people mention how sony also doesn’t have much to offer for launch. I feel like this is being disingenuous to keep the peace. There’s nothing wrong with saying, one console is literally not launching with any new games while the other is.

Godfall
Astro which is free
Demon Souls
Pathless
BugSnax

And a lot of games coming by 2nd quarter 2021. I don’t think theres anything wrong with stating that for people looking to buy a new console that there is a clear line up of new games to play. I feel like maybe it’s because a lot of reviewers only got astrobot and spider-man to review and maybe they’re not counting the other games. But come thursday everyones gonna be ravings about demon souls, and the others, and thats like 100+ hours of new game on launch alone. That’s not something to ignore.
:mjlol:

Change

All Star
Daps
Target may be a good spot to snag one on launch day :jbhmm:

Go to popfindr.com it will let u check the PS5 stock for the Targets in ur area. Find the one with the most stock and set that store as ur default in the Target app. Have all ur payment info updated in the app.

Target is not telling anyone what time or date they are putting the launch units up, you'll have to stay vigilant between now and launch day.

I'd try target first and if u strike out there then you'll have to play the console lottery at walmart.

Good luck gentleman, hoping to see u all in the winners circle come Nov 12:myman:

Good looking. What kind of numbers you guys have? The most I see is 75 at a few stores. Then is drops to to a few with 20 or so. And then random ones with about ten. Best Buy doesn't show anything. Not sure when that goes up.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

Godfall
Astro which is free
Demon Souls
Pathless
BugSnax

I think it’s more of a case of the games not being available to play at the time of review than fanning the console wars flames. With most games having a zero day patch available when they launch, I doubt many developers see a benefit in getting their games reviewed when there are more updates to make and the games can’t even be purchased yet. A less than favorable review pre release isn’t even worth the risk.

I haven’t been reading/watching console reviews that much since I already had my mind made up but now that it’s time to actually spend money on content, I am interested to see which games live up to the next gen moniker and more importantly, price point.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think it’s more of a case of the games not being available to play at the time of review than fanning the console wars flames. With most games having a zero day patch available when they launch, I doubt many developers see a benefit in getting their games reviewed when there are more updates to make and the games can’t even be purchased yet. A less than favorable review pre release isn’t even worth the risk.

I haven’t been reading/watching console reviews that much since I already had my mind made up but now that it’s time to actually spend money on content, I am interested to see which games live up to the next gen moniker and more importantly, price point.

Yeah, i mean even the fact that miles is getting good reviews AND astrobot is getting reviews is already painting the picture. Those are two meta/open critic games in the 80’s, then you have demon souls which is clear high 80’s or even 90’s and a few others, thats a launch line up of handful of fun games right off the bat. Saying that’s “not much” isn’t really fair.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Surreal that only a few days from now this console we've been bickering back and forth on is coming. :wow:

The great divider will be all the ones in here going back and forth that didn’t even get a next gen system, talking about “yeah i want. To wait a few years until they work out all the bugs and i can get a slim” :mjlol:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I'm in Canada so take this with a grain of salt.

If you haven't been charged by Wal-Mart by the 9th, you are not getting the 5.

Spoke with customer service to secure my 4th console and they were saying the above.

-----

Pathless is a launch title too? This upcoming gaming season I'm going to be eating.