The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Jasmine20

#GMB
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Amazon, target and best buy all had them today. Use search function under arcadium and type in "discord". Find the thread that says something along the lines of using discord to get ps5/Xbox series x. Follow OP instructions. I just copped one from Walmart but won't be here until Jan 4th

Thank you I will try this. And congrats on getting the ps5!

I'm a prime member :ohhh: but the only ps5s I see are $1100+ :francis:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So with last of us 2 last year and then horizon/GOW next year, what big franchises does Sony have left for 2023?

Good question.

-> Spiderman 2 - I expect Insomniac will get it out.
-> FFXVI - with how dire the PS5 hardware situation is, wouldn't surprise me if it slipped to Feb 2023
-> PSVR2 stuff - Playstation will go in hard PSVR2 software wise.
-> Naughty Dog will surely have something to release by then.
-> London Studio have been working on something for a long time now.

After that, who knows? 80% of Sony's first party's are working on stuff we don't know about, plus throw in the deals they've set up with a number of new studios and the fact that Illfonic/Lucid are supposed to be making Ghostbusters and Twisted Metal games, there could be a lot for 2023...or maybe just the stuff above.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right now, only Knights of The Old Republic Remake and Spider-man 2 are scheduled for 2023. Not sure if Factions 2 will come this year or next year.

Twisted Metal is all but confirmed also, by Lucid games. Other than that no one knows what Sony will announce. Waiting on Bluepoint, Suckerpunch, London Studio, Pixelopus, Housemarque, Santa Monicas 2nd game, Firesprite (they have 3 games in production confirmed), Team Asobi, Media Molecule, and Bend studios to announce their new games.

Then you have your partner studios like Deviation, Haven, and Firewalk whos game should be done soon as it was fully playable this year. Then the inevitable 3rd party deals like Kojima and whoever else.

Sony started a Xdev Japan branch that is working with japanese devs on AAA games also

Aaaalso, theres probably still games releasing in 2022 they haven’t announced

Media Molecule have said repeatedly they are focusing on Dreams only.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Media Molecule have said repeatedly they are focusing on Dreams only.

They need to really come up with a way to expand its user base and appeal then. It makes no sense they put so much work into it and continue to hire devs if its not gaining any new audiences

Daps
Can somebody help me find a PS5 that's no more than $499? :mjcry:
:mjlol:
Good question.

-> FFXVI - with how dire the PS5 hardware situation is, wouldn't surprise me if it slipped to Feb 2023

After that, who knows? 80% of Sony's first party's are working on stuff we don't know about, plus throw in the deals they've set up with a number of new studios and the fact that Illfonic/Lucid are supposed to be making Ghostbusters and Twisted Metal games, there could be a lot for 2023...or maybe just the stuff above.
Don't see ND releasing anything until late 2024
2023 will be jam packed though

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Good question.

Is the next final fantasy exclusive to Sony or something? That's like the second time I've seen that pop up.