The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony Publishes its Own Patent for Removable PS5 Faceplates

Faceplates.png

Sony’s patent for customisable faceplates for the PS5 consoles has finally been made public, as noticed by OpAttack. This has prompted speculation the console manufacturer may be considering making its own swappable faceplates and skins. The patent follows a year of issues with third-party manufacturers creating their own PS5 faceplates only to face legal action from Sony.

The patent describes an “ornamental design for a cover for an electronic device” before displaying several diagrams showing the faceplates from different perspectives. To be fair, there’s not a lot more you can do in a patent for a faceplate, but it does potentially suggest Sony may be considering manufacturing its own swappable faceplates. An official console teardown video released a month before the PS5 became available to players shows just how easy it is to remove the covers and how simple it is to apply customized faceplates—in fact, you need to remove one side if you want to add storage to the SSD expansion slot. However, it could also be merely a legal response to issues Sony has faced wit

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Soooo the only way to get this is to buy Walmart +, Bestbuy+, and or buy from a scalper…….I’ll probably have one by Q4 2022

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Soooo the only way to get this is to buy Walmart +, Bestbuy+, and or buy from a scalper…….I’ll probably have one by Q4 2022
Walmart + is only $15 compared to the Best Buy $200 one
free if you have an amex plat
both are refundable if you do it quick
$15 to get the console now if you want it is better than paying the scalper prices :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
:stopitslime: Bullshyt ass UPS couldn’t leave it at the Access Point I wanted it at. I’ll have to pick it up tomorrow :francis:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Just do the total tech membership and cancel it right after you pick up the console for a full refund. That's the easier route IMO as Walmart is unreliable until you actually get the console in your hands.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
The regular version Ghost of Tsushima is for 20 dollars, is there a huge difference in the new version or should I go buy the 20 dollars one? I only care about single player

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The regular version Ghost of Tsushima is for 20 dollars, is there a huge difference in the new version or should I go buy the 20 dollars one? I only care about single player

Do you own the original ps4 version?

i think the ps5 version was worth it for me, for the 30 dollars upgrade. The fast loading and dualsense alone add a lot to the experience, then you also get the iki island expansion