THE OFFICIAL Amir "King" Khan VS. Devon Alexander "The Great" THREAD 12/13 SHOWTIME

WHO WINS?

• KHAN By KO

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • KHAN By Decision

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • ALEXANDER By KO

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • ALEXANDER By Decision

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • DRAW

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Lol@Floyd losing to A mere Khan

Why he ain't avenge the Breidis and Danny Garcia defeats?

Kell Brook has been callin him out for a while.
Brook, Breidis and Garcia got the hands to KO his ass again...Floyd doesn't...

Paulie was preaching knowledge last night, the range and handspeed of Khan is a bad style matchup for a technical fighter with limited KO power...

I'm not saying Khan beats Floyd but that's a much more competitive fight imo than Floyd/Pac would be...

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
So you neggas already on board with Floyd vs Khan ? :snoop:

I don't wanna hear a beep if the fight Pac doesn't happen. Everybody's already talking Floyd very Khan :dahell:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I truly dont believe that. Alexander is on the same level as Khan....it was just a bad style match up. He is no more of a gatekeeper than Maidana. He is a very skillful, YOUNG fighter. Sometimes the difference is career path and Bradley and Khan got off to a better start, had better promotion and matchmaking. it aint like Khan is a level above....remember, he lost to Peterson. ALL of these guys are on the same level...Bradley too, who I have been saying that. Bradley just happen to get two fights with Manny. there was a reason why he was willing to face a lawsuit from Gary Shaw for breach of contract. There is Floyd, then Manny, then the next group of B- fighters that I just mentioned, followed by the Provs, Chaves, Abregu, type guys in the C-class.

I disagree. It's pointless to even argue, because I don't feel like writing a long essay. Maidana is a gatekeeper too.

Your high on Alexander for whatever reason & you really won't be convinced until he receives a few more losses.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
khan would be a tough test for floyd...especially the flat footed aging floyd we seen against maidana. khan's height and speed will give him serious problems. usually floyd has the speed advantage but with khan that won't be the case...floyd has been lookin real sluggish lately. I really do think khan would be a tougher opponent than pac at this time....dude looked spectacular last night. his footwork used to be terrible....always lunging...trying to imitate pacquiao. but now he's like a whole new fighter. stays balanced, uses his height, keeps a good distance, and mixes up his punches. virgil has turned him into a complete fighter....more importantly a smarter fighter. khan has issues with fighters who are willing to stand in there and trade with him. floyd doesn't trade. he pot shots, counters and moves. you rarely see floyd stand in there and trade shots with a guy. I don't mean sit in the pocket, shoulder roll, and hit guys with counter shots. I mean actually trade blow for blow....take one to give one. that's not floyd. the one time he did that with maidana he almost got stretched. that's not floyd's style. if the other fighter is throwing, he's usually not. and that would be a big advantage for khan. after seeing khan's performance, I think that matchup is more intriguing than pacquiao right now.
these guys think floyd is invincible....kahn can beat floyd esp if he come in with the mindset...that hes just gonna nitpick and steal rounds...basically beat floyd @ his own game....floyd would have to become a pressure fighter and not scared to take a shot to give a shot

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't wanna hear a beep if the fight Pac doesn't happen. Everybody's already talking Floyd very Khan :dahell:

No. I would rather have Floyd vs Manny 8 days out of the week. :comeon:
We are just saying that stylistically, Khan may be a tougher fight for Floyd. I am not campaigning for this fight though. :beli:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

I'm not a believer in Khan but he's a better fighter today than he was two years ago...

His footwork and balance is like night and day...He's much more balanced now, using his jab and range and not lunging in like a fukking retard anymore...

Floyd's style is all about timing and reflexes, he doesn't like to get hit...He'd be dealing with a bigger fighter, with a longer reach and stupid fast hands so It's a very intriguing matchup assuming Khan doesn't regress back to his old self...that's why I want to see Khan fight Brook, if he can handle Brook like he did Devon he deserves the Floyd fight...That also gives Bob till September to stop bullshyting and make the Pacquiao fight...

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
these guys think floyd is invincible....kahn can beat floyd esp if he come in with the mindset...that hes just gonna nitpick and steal rounds...basically beat floyd @ his own game....floyd would have to become a pressure fighter and not scared to take a shot to give a shot

I dont care who you are. SRR, SRL, Hagler, Joe Louis, etc....any fighter has a style out there somewhere that is a bad match up for them.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not a believer in Khan but he's a better fighter today than he was two years ago...

His footwork and balance is like night and day...He's much more balanced now, using his jab and range and not lunging in like a fukking retard anymore...

Floyd's style is all about timing and reflexes, he doesn't like to get hit...He'd be dealing with a bigger fighter, with a longer reach and stupid fast hands so It's a very intriguing matchup assuming Khan doesn't regress back to his old self...that's why I want to see Khan fight Brook, if he can handle Brook like he did Devon he deserves the Floyd fight...That also gives Bob till September to stop bullshyting and make the Pacquiao fight...

this....

I aint even saying Khan deserves the fight after beating Devon....but it was an impressive victory. if he got the Floyd fight (which I dont think he will) I couldnt be too mad cuz aint nobody else really worthy either. If he beats Brook, then he deserves it without a doubt.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree. It's pointless to even argue, because I don't feel like writing a long essay. Maidana is a gatekeeper too.

Your high on Alexander for whatever reason & you really won't be convinced until he receives a few more losses.

what will you say when he notches a few more wins tho :stopitslime:

he is only 27. he is no more of a gatekeeper than any of these other dudes out there. Brook, Porter, Khan, etc are the same level. you think because Brook beat Porter he is great now? you have to separate yourself from the pack and prove to be true championship level. all these dudes below Floyd and Pac are the same level...some just had higher profile fights than others....like Bradley for instance.

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont care who you are. SRR, SRL, Hagler, Joe Louis, etc....any fighter has a style out there somewhere that is a bad match up for them.
exactly, they dont understand styles makes fights plus u have the factor in the age and the chance for an off night

its not that kahn is a better fighter by any means....he just has a style that would give floyd trouble...esp a older flater mayweather

if floyd was smart...he would fight pac and retire and aviod kahn @ all cost...... even tho pac present style problems...atleast he have openings for floyd

imo kahn might be the only fighter who i would bet $ on to beat floyd

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
floyd is a smart guy....he should know that a fight with kahn is high risk no reward....that fight would be stupid to take from a practical standpoint but from a fan pov it would be great for his legacy

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Golden Boy should try to make a Khan/Pac fight to force Floyd's hand

It wouldn't be wise for Khan to wait on Floyd, he's already been burned twice.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exactly, they dont understand styles makes fights plus u have the factor in the age and the chance for an off night

its not that kahn is a better fighter by any means....he just has a style that would give floyd trouble...esp a older flater mayweather

if floyd was smart...he would fight pac and retire and aviod kahn @ all cost...... even tho pac present style problems...atleast he have openings for floyd

imo kahn might be the only fighter who i would bet $ on to beat floyd

Floyd doesnt have equalizing power. He has slowed down a lot as evidence he was getting hit by Maidana. This makes a fight with Khan or Manny for that matter more intriguing than in the past. I think Floyd has too much for Khan, but it would be risky if Khan were able to win a few early rounds against Floyd like Zab or Oscar. They stopped fighting after a certain point. Could Khan's motor hold up? I just think its a more intriguing fight than it was in the past.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX