THE OFFICIAL Amir "King" Khan VS. Devon Alexander "The Great" THREAD 12/13 SHOWTIME

WHO WINS?

• KHAN By KO

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • KHAN By Decision

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • ALEXANDER By KO

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • ALEXANDER By Decision

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • DRAW

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Golden Boy should try to make a Khan/Pac fight to force Floyd's hand

It wouldn't be wise for Khan to wait on Floyd, he's already been burned twice.
Rightfully burned twice though. Didn't deserve it either time. Had he went on and fought Devon a year ago, like he did last nite, the fight would have happened. Khan might beat this version of Floyd anyway though

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Golden Boy should try to make a Khan/Pac fight to force Floyd's hand

It wouldn't be wise for Khan to wait on Floyd, he's already been burned twice.

dangerous fight for Manny but at some point I would have to think Manny puts Khan to sleep.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd doesnt have equalizing power. He has slowed down a lot as evidence he was getting hit by Maidana. This makes a fight with Khan or Manny for that matter more intriguing than in the past. I think Floyd has too much for Khan, but it would be risky if Khan were able to win a few early rounds against Floyd like Zab or Oscar. They stopped fighting after a certain point. Could Khan's motor hold up? I just think its a more intriguing fight than it was in the past.
that's the thing...i think his stamina will hold up...Virgil really turned this dude into a complete fighter which is shocking because normally u cant teach a old dog new tricks in boxing but kahn dont waste punches any more that often or get reckless....he stays balanced, get his shots in, clinch or run away and get back into his defensive position....he conserve his energy and dont try to brawl after getting hit with a big shot

mentally if if he have the mindset where he just steal rounds and survive he could pull if off

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's the thing...i think his stamina will hold up...Virgil really turned this dude into a complete fighter which is shocking because normally u cant teach a old dog new tricks in boxing but kahn dont waste punches any more that often or get reckless....he stays balanced, get his shots in, clinch or run away and get back into his defensive position....he conserve his energy and dont try to brawl after getting hit with a big shot

mentally if if he have the mindset where he just steal rounds and survive he could pull if off

I am not sold on Hunter as a great coach, but its evident he has added something to Khan's repertoire. Khan really had good footwork and balance last night...and that is key to anyone's success. Remember Manny when he first got with Roach? He was basically just a whirlwind puncher. Although he still gets off balance, he was horrible early on.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont think anyone here is saying Khan should be favored against Floyd, lol. thats ridiculous. this is a style that could give him problems. why yall nikkas thought Canelo was gonna give Floyd problems? I said over and over that Floyd would have no problems with Canelo. Canelo aint no chump but his style poses no problems for Floyd. nikkas kept talmbout how big the dude is. you have to have speed to bother Floyd, not power...cuz u aint gonna hit him clean anyway.

the recipe for beating Floyd is to overtax his defense. Khan is about the only one who has a chance to do this.....

maidana did that in the first fight and still lost, if Maidana couldn't steal rounds smothering floyd with activity, what chance does kahn have to steal rounds especially when he doesn't fight that way, Floyd will start picking kahn apart after 3 rounds

canelo fought one of the better fightt against floyd, just because he lost every round, doesn't mean he was mentally challenging him, I expect him to take even less damage against kahn

canelo's a better boxer than kahn

like I said devon had kahn's time down by the second half of the fight

the recipe to beat Floyd is technique and power, it would still someoe with above average tecnical skill and above average punching power to be floyd

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what will you say when he notches a few more wins tho :stopitslime:

he is only 27. he is no more of a gatekeeper than any of these other dudes out there. Brook, Porter, Khan, etc are the same level. you think because Brook beat Porter he is great now? you have to separate yourself from the pack and prove to be true championship level. all these dudes below Floyd and Pac are the same level...some just had higher profile fights than others....like Bradley for instance.

He needs to convince me. These peers of his that you say are on the same level, he needs to beat some of these guys who can box convincingly. He's looked like shyt every time he's faced one of his peers that display any kind of boxing ability. Anytime he's stepped up, he's looked like shyt. His defense is shyt. The only thing he's shown me is he knows how to handle a tough rugged brawler. He's not a very impressive fighter. I think he's a tough guy with a good chin who beats who he's suppose to beat. I give him credit for that, because a lot of guys fight at the level of their opponent. When he steps up, these fights aren't even close. In all his official losses, these fights aren't close. He's a gatekeeper. Him & Thurman need to fight in 2015.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maidana did that in the first fight and still lost, if Maidana couldn't steal rounds smothering floyd with activity, what chance does kahn have to steal rounds especially when he doesn't fight that way, Floyd will start picking kahn apart after 3 rounds

canelo fought one of the better fightt against floyd, just because he lost every round, doesn't mean he was mentally challenging him, I expect him to take even less damage against kahn

canelo's a better boxer than kahn

like I said devon had kahn's time down by the second half of the fight

the recipe to beat Floyd is technique and power, it would still someoe with above average tecnical skill and above average punching power to be floyd

Maidana didnt do shyt breh. Just closed his eyes and wailed away. When I say overtax...I mean with accuracy. He did overtax in a way but then his ass had to pay taxes once he had to take a breather. Khan is much more measured and accurate....even though he doesnt hit as hard as Maidana. Power isnt the recipe to beat Floyd or he wouldve been beaten a LONG time ago.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maidana didnt do shyt breh. Just closed his eyes and wailed away. When I say overtax...I mean with accuracy. He did overtax in a way but then his ass had to pay taxes once he had to take a breather. Khan is much more measured and accurate....even though he doesnt hit hard. Power isnt the recipe to beat Floyd or he wouldve been beaten a LONG time ago.

I didn't say just power, I said above average boxing technique and above average power, there's not a fighting out there who posses those, which is why Floyd has never lost

floyd will adjust to kahn's hand speed after a few rounds like he did judah, and pick him to pieces

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kahn v.s Canelo at 154 who you got, Kahn 5'10 he can make the weight easily

kahn isn't as good at canelo, he just has fast hands

timing negates speed

Canelo. But that doesnt mean he is a better boxer. They are both good. Just different styles. Because Canelo doesnt get KOed doesnt mean he is a league above. Canelo style tailor made for Floyd. Khan, not so much. Even though Khan is not clearly the best WW after Floyd and Manny.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't say just power, I said above average boxing technique and above average power, there's not a fighting out there who posses those, which is why Floyd has never lost

floyd will adjust to kahn's hand speed after a few rounds like he did judah, and pick him to pieces

:ufdup: Cotto