THE OFFICIAL Amir "King" Khan VS. Devon Alexander "The Great" THREAD 12/13 SHOWTIME

WHO WINS?

• KHAN By KO

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • KHAN By Decision

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • ALEXANDER By KO

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • ALEXANDER By Decision

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • DRAW

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
NULL
floyd isnt the type of counter puncher that time fighters like a danny garcia or marquez....hes a defensive counter puncher....hes not gonna take a shot to give a shot

all kahn gotta do is keep a long safe distance....throw flurries, us that sharp long jab and move away and occasionally clinch after the flurries....and steal rounds....floyd is all about defense first...so keep him defensive and dont let him get off...

turn floyd into a stalker...something he never had to be, and make him fight @ a pace hes not used to....plus floyd is 37 and kahn got Virgil hunter....a cat that have a high boxing IQ

all kahn gotta do is stay discipline and not leave himself open after combos....

floyd aint invincible ...he just sell that bullshyt to causal fans....greater fighter then Floyd lost, so why cant he?

you don't know what you're talking about, floyd figures out everybody's timing

there's no such thing as defensive counter puncher, a counter is defense followed by offense

you still have to land punches to still rounds, devon has zero head movement, zero lateral movement, won't be the case with floyd

Floyd's jab is longer than Kahn's, I already told you this,

Daps
Khan is a very dangerous fight for Floyd. probably the most dangerous out there bar none....around that weight class. Khan just wants to flurry and hold. Or flurry and move. That style could work against Floyd NOW because Floyd has definitely slowed down. I think its a bad fight to make for Floyd. I do think Floyd would end up out-boxing him, but it could be a huge gamble the way Khan likes to steal rounds. As long as he is not in with a puncher.....he has a chance of doing what he did tonight. Its funny, but he'd probably lose to Thurman, Maidana, Porter, maybe Brook, but I could see him doing similar to Brook. He'd absolutely dominate Broner unless he got caught with something. Broner had issues with Paulie's speed and he just dont move his hands enough...and his defense is too vulnerable for that style. I dont think he could beat Bradley like that though. I am not saying Khan is better than any of those guys but that style is troublesome. He is almost fighting a 12 round amateur style. if Khan had a great chin, he would be a great fighter. he doesnt....so he has to have the precise style match up.

one thing about fast fighters I learned from back watching SRL.....they always have problems with other fast fighters. for Khan its pretty much Mayweather or bust.

Breh no. Floyd is whooping Khan all day, khan would have issues hitting Floyd clean! And he can be countered easily which Floyd does so well! Not to mention Floyd is great at going to the body and breaking fighters down round by round. Khan wouldn't be letting those flurries go every round as he knows he can get tagged against Floyd. Most fighters go in the ring with Floyd and realise quickly that dude is just faster and harder to hit then they imagined.

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol@Floyd losing to A mere Khan

Why he ain't avenge the Breidis and Danny Garcia defeats?

Kell Brook has been callin him out for a while.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fell asleep during Thurman/Bundu, so I just finished this. This went exactly how I thought it would. Khan doesn't really lose too many rounds. You have to have a gameplan to knock him out.

Alexander is a gatekeeper. He's always been a gatekeeper in my mind, but now I feel it's obvious to everyone else. He's a tough guy with a good chin. I'm sure his team/fans are frustrated, because they believed he was more than he was. He has 3 losses officially, but he's fortunate he doesn't have 5 losses. He's the type of guy you need to look good against to move on to bigger things.

I think Thurman/Alexander is a very realistic fight & a fight that Thurman needs to show where he's at. However, with the type of fan base Devon has in St. Louis, I believe he can make good money fighting lower tier fighters before stepping up again.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
khan would be a tough test for floyd...especially the flat footed aging floyd we seen against maidana. khan's height and speed will give him serious problems. usually floyd has the speed advantage but with khan that won't be the case...floyd has been lookin real sluggish lately. I really do think khan would be a tougher opponent than pac at this time....dude looked spectacular last night. his footwork used to be terrible....always lunging...trying to imitate pacquiao. but now he's like a whole new fighter. stays balanced, uses his height, keeps a good distance, and mixes up his punches. virgil has turned him into a complete fighter....more importantly a smarter fighter. khan has issues with fighters who are willing to stand in there and trade with him. floyd doesn't trade. he pot shots, counters and moves. you rarely see floyd stand in there and trade shots with a guy. I don't mean sit in the pocket, shoulder roll, and hit guys with counter shots. I mean actually trade blow for blow....take one to give one. that's not floyd. the one time he did that with maidana he almost got stretched. that's not floyd's style. if the other fighter is throwing, he's usually not. and that would be a big advantage for khan. after seeing khan's performance, I think that matchup is more intriguing than pacquiao right now.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i been saying the fight woulda been more relevant a year ago:yeshrug:
not surprised at all by the outcome
i would like to see khan fight brooks, guerrero, or thurman

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh no. Floyd is whooping Khan all day, khan would have issues hitting Floyd clean! And he can be countered easily which Floyd does so well! Not to mention Floyd is great at going to the body and breaking fighters down round by round. Khan wouldn't be letting those flurries go every round as he knows he can get tagged against Floyd. Most fighters go in the ring with Floyd and realise quickly that dude is just faster and harder to hit then they imagined.

breh, trust me.....khan is not on the same level as Floyd....but that style is difficult. the one chink in Floyds armour that often goes un-noticed is that he does not really throw combinations. he would counter Khan, but with single shot. Floyd not a big puncher. this would help Khan out a lot. now on the flip side....although Khan can punch...he really doesnt put a lot of power on his shots because he doesnt want to get hit back so he basically is trying to touch you. thats why I said he wasnt hurting Devon....just beating him with speed.

Floyd is beating Khan, yes. but the 2 fighters with the best shot at beating Floyd right now is Khan and Manny.....and in that order I believe.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol@Floyd losing to A mere Khan

Why he ain't avenge the Breidis and Danny Garcia defeats?

Kell Brook has been callin him out for a while.

because those fights are too dangerous for him. with the styles, he'd get KOed again. Khan cant beat a puncher on his skill level. Floyd not a KO puncher. given the style and circumstance I could see Khan stealing a fight...especially if people are willing to rob Floyd to generate a 2nd match.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fell asleep during Thurman/Bundu, so I just finished this. This went exactly how I thought it would. Khan doesn't really lose too many rounds. You have to have a gameplan to knock him out.

Alexander is a gatekeeper. He's always been a gatekeeper in my mind, but now I feel it's obvious to everyone else. He's a tough guy with a good chin. I'm sure his team/fans are frustrated, because they believed he was more than he was. He has 3 losses officially, but he's fortunate he doesn't have 5 losses. He's the type of guy you need to look good against to move on to bigger things.

I think Thurman/Alexander is a very realistic fight & a fight that Thurman needs to show where he's at. However, with the type of fan base Devon has in St. Louis, I believe he can make good money fighting lower tier fighters before stepping up again.

I truly dont believe that. Alexander is on the same level as Khan....it was just a bad style match up. He is no more of a gatekeeper than Maidana. He is a very skillful, YOUNG fighter. Sometimes the difference is career path and Bradley and Khan got off to a better start, had better promotion and matchmaking. it aint like Khan is a level above....remember, he lost to Peterson. ALL of these guys are on the same level...Bradley too, who I have been saying that. Bradley just happen to get two fights with Manny. there was a reason why he was willing to face a lawsuit from Gary Shaw for breach of contract. There is Floyd, then Manny, then the next group of B- fighters that I just mentioned, followed by the Provs, Chaves, Abregu, type guys in the C-class.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you don't know what you're talking about, floyd figures out everybody's timing

there's no such thing as defensive counter puncher, a counter is defense followed by offense

you still have to land punches to still rounds, devon has zero head movement, zero lateral movement, won't be the case with floyd

Floyd's jab is longer than Kahn's, I already told you this,

I dont think anyone here is saying Khan should be favored against Floyd, lol. thats ridiculous. this is a style that could give him problems. why yall nikkas thought Canelo was gonna give Floyd problems? I said over and over that Floyd would have no problems with Canelo. Canelo aint no chump but his style poses no problems for Floyd. nikkas kept talmbout how big the dude is. you have to have speed to bother Floyd, not power...cuz u aint gonna hit him clean anyway.

the recipe for beating Floyd is to overtax his defense. Khan is about the only one who has a chance to do this.....

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bradley aint shyt:scust:

I really dont want guys to think I am knocking Bradley because he is a good fighter and an overachiever, nothing wrong with that. but he has been overrated as fukk ever since the Manny "win"