THE OFFICIAL Amir "King" Khan VS. Devon Alexander "The Great" THREAD 12/13 SHOWTIME

WHO WINS?

• KHAN By KO

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • KHAN By Decision

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • ALEXANDER By KO

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • ALEXANDER By Decision

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • DRAW

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Decent night on Showtime. Mares looks like a guy still not quite as confident before he got KO'd. Him vs. LSC would be amazing. To guys willing to throw a lot of punches and LSC doesn't have great power. It was admirable for Mares to call out Loma and Walters, but those are horrible fights for him.
Thurman wasn't as impressive as he should have been, but he easily beat Bundu and had a good learning experience. At least he proved that when he wasn't able to fully dictate the fight he could still win.
Khan dominated Alexander. Khan looked pretty good. I agree with Paulie in that Khan does have a style that presents Floyd problems, so it would be interesting to see. I still would pick Floyd and have him as the favorite, but Khan has quicker hands and throws good combos. He also moves around the ring well. Floyd doesn't commit to power to really exploit Khan's chin and rarely throws combo's anymore, so I have always thought the way to beat Floyd is to steal rounds by forcing Floyd to be inactive focusing on defense. At the very least it would be an interesting fight.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope.

I believe Floyd beats Khan, but Khan has the best chance (besides Manny) of beating Floyd out of all Welterweights.

Floyd has NEVER fought a fighter like Khan. Tall, rangy, great hand speed, and boxing ability. Zab was nowhere near the boxer Khan is...don't forget, Khan DESTROYED Judah very easy.

Floyd can beat him of course, but putting a 38 year old Floyd against a prime Khan is the best fight that can be made for him outside of Floyd vs Pacquiao. It will really challenge Floyd, who's been doing nothing but fighting slow fighters who do nothing but follow him around, trying to imitate JLC's game plan to no success. Khan brings something totally different to the table and can Floyd adjust to that is the question me, @Black_Jesus, and @synistr wanna know. We already know he can beat slow foot/handed fighters who just wanna rough him up/make it ugly.

I've been saying that for the past 2 years on here:yeshrug:

Who cares what Kahn did Judah, I just said like that fight, after 3 rounds Floyd will have his timing down and begin to this dismantle them

hand speed and quickness from being elusive are too different things, kahn has hand speed, he is not elusive and not hard to hit

when people say floyd is fighting slow fighters, its because they can't keep with his movement when he uses in the ring they can't get to him like in the case of canelo

Floyd will feel out kahn for 3 rounds then beginning picking him apart, and after that he will walk kahn down

floyd has a longer reach then kahn, so him being tall and rangy isn't going to be a factor

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Who cares what Kahn did Judah, I just said like that fight, after 3 rounds Floyd will have his timing down and begin to this dismantle them

hand speed and quickness from being elusive are too different things, kahn has hand speed, he is not elusive and not hard to hit

when people say floyd is fighting slow fighters, its because they can't keep with his movement when he uses in the ring they can't get to him like in the case of canelo

Floyd will feel out kahn for 3 rounds then beginning picking him apart, and after that he will walk kahn down

No, when we say slow....we mean slow. Slow of foot and usually average/below average hand speed as well.

Floyd has NEVER fought a fighter with hands as fast as Khan and has never fought someone with both fast hands and feet like Manny.

And Khan didn't need 4 rounds to figure out Judah. He beat him much easier than Floyd did

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, when we say slow....we mean slow. Slow of foot and usually average/below average hand speed as well.

Floyd has NEVER fought a fighter with hands as fast as Khan and has never fought someone with both fast hands and feet like Manny.

And Khan didn't need 4 rounds to figure out Judah. He beat him much easier than Floyd did

lol Zab hands were just has fast as kahn's, he's hand speed isn't something no one's ever seen before

Kahn beat said 3 years okay lol, nikkaz won't even give credit for Floyd beating zab in 2006, plus he fight zab at light weltweterweight

28 year old Zab is way better than 34 year old Zab, it's not even a comparison

Kahn doesn't have great feet just because Alexander let him circle to the left all night lol, manny doesn't have great feet either he's a sitting duck

manny had problems finding Tim Bradley

kahn was more economical with his punches against devon which is a good thing giving his past weakness of getting caught

yet alexander still managed to knick him up with the punches he was able to get off, he really didn't throw enough punches in the sports where he had kahn in range

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
lol Zab hands were just has fast as kahn's, he's hand speed isn't something no one's ever seen before

Kahn beat said 3 years okay lol, nikkaz won't even give credit for Floyd beating zab in 2006, plus he fight zab at light weltweterweight

28 year old Zab is way better than 34 year old Zab, it's not even a comparison

Kahn doesn't have great feet just because Alexander let him circle to the left all night lol, manny doesn't have great feet either he's a sitting duck

kahn was more economical with his punches against devon which is a good thing giving his past weakness of getting caught

yet alexander still managed to knick him up with the punches he was able to get off, he really didn't throw enough punches in the sports where he had kahn in range
I don't think you get what dudes are saying to you. Or you choose not to for that matter.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Khan footwork still isn't great, he jumps in too much and he doesn't sync up his hands and feet. This leads to him throwing a lot of arm punches and being out of position to return his defense. His balance does look much better than just two fights ago. Still there were times when he jumped in and his jaw was wide open for right/left hooks. Unfortunate Devon couldn't do on Saturday evening what he normally does. Khan fight vs Mayweather is the same as its always been, although I think Amir wins 2-3 rounds instead of 0.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Man are you joking? Pac got some of the best footwork boxing has ever seen. The huge bomb that Tim landed on Manny was due to him taking advantage of Pac's ability to escape. On top of that no boxer has really been able to locate Tim based off boxing.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Khan footwork still isn't great, he jumps in too much and he doesn't sync up his hands and feet. This leads to him throwing a lot of arm punches and being out of position to return his defense. His balance does look much better than just two fights ago. Still there were times when he jumped in and his jaw was wide open for right/left hooks. Unfortunate Devon couldn't do on Saturday evening what he normally does. Khan fight vs Mayweather is the same as its always been, although I think Amir wins 2-3 rounds instead of 0.

Devon fukked up by standing right in front Khan all night and not moving his hands. He needed to fight Khan like how he fought Witter and Kotelnik (constant pressure and aggression)

Dude tried to go tit for tat and ending up catching that work.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Devon fukked up by standing right in front Khan all night and not moving his hands. He needed to fight Khan like how he fought Witter and Kotelnik (constant pressure and aggression)

Dude tried to go tit for tat and ending up catching that work.
Someone told this ninja he's a power puncher and not a pure boxer. His trainer was shytting on him from the first break for that.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Someone told this ninja he's a power puncher and not a pure boxer. His trainer was shytting on him from the first break for that.

The sad thing is Devon got some good pop, but it kinda just happens. He's not like Thurman where you know every shot coming at you is going to be hard.

The worst thing about the fight was that Khan couldn't hurt him so, Devon never really went in that gotta show heart let me fight back mode like he did against Matthysse when he got dropped.
Dude just took all of Khan's combos and kept trying to box him instead of adjusting.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The sad thing is Devon got some good pop, but it kinda just happens. He's not like Thurman where you know every shot coming at you is going to be hard.

The worst thing about the fight was that Khan couldn't hurt him so, Devon never really went in that gotta show heart let me fight back mode like he did against Matthysse when he got dropped.
Dude just took all of Khan's combos and kept trying to box him instead of adjusting.
Khan wasn't putting any power on his combos and was really doing that amateur shyt, but props to him for confusing Devon.

I think Alexander needs to re-evaluate 147. He does have power as you said, but nowhere near the same as at 140. He missed a lot of open opportunities. Someone may have posted it in here or they said it on the broadcast, but Khan was a sitting duck for a counter uppercut. Devon put himself in great position to be successful against Khan but couldn't pull the trigger. I guess the speed of Khan was overwhelming DA.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Khan wasn't putting any power on his combos and was really doing that amateur shyt, but props to him for confusing Devon.

I think Alexander needs to re-evaluate 147. He does have power as you said, but nowhere near the same as at 140. He missed a lot of open opportunities. Someone may have posted it in here or they said it on the broadcast, but Khan was a sitting duck for a counter uppercut. Devon put himself in great position to be successful against Khan but couldn't pull the trigger. I guess the speed of Khan was overwhelming DA.

Yeah I was the one that mentioned the uppercut, after you said Devon could bait Khan in when he over commits.

I think Devon might need a new trainer or something. He's gotten as far as he could go with his current corner.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man are you joking? Pac got some of the best footwork boxing has ever seen. The huge bomb that Tim landed on Manny was due to him taking advantage of Pac's ability to escape. On top of that no boxer has really been able to locate Tim based off boxing.

Not even close, you don't even know what foot work is

somebody already posting a video exposing pac

nobody ever even brought up pac having good fight until recent years and it a misconception made by novices and opponents prime

far as bradley, pac gets hit with the same punch often, pac gets hit against everyone he fights

all his recents have been special circumstances, cotto weight drained with no stamina, manny just had to come forward, clotty turtled up manny just had to come forward, margarito a punching bag manny just had to come forward, he's always struggled against marquez

he got to bradley more in the second fight because bradley stood and traded with him, yet he still couldn't critical hurt him

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think you get what dudes are saying to you. Or you choose not to for that matter.

I stated the reason why I disagree with what their saying, don't make bring up the kahn thread when the fight was being talked about happening and everybody shytting on it

only black jesus believes kahn will challenge floyd and he's a moron