The Official 2013 NBA Draft Talk Thread

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
EDIT: I realized you meant ol boy after I left.

So far it seems we like Adams, KCP, and McCollum. Read a few things about Karasev too.

The thing is tho, as a fan, its tough to get excited. Word is(MCW's mom blog or something like that) they are arleady letting prospects know that whoever we draft WILL go to the D-League.

:lolbron:

I keep seeing Adams is impressing teams & possibly moving up to Portland. All the Thunder writers keep talking about using the 12 on a replacement for Reggie in case he plays too well & we can't afford him when his deal expires :sadcam:

I wouldn't mind taking Bebe but we could move down a few spots to get him & I don't want to move Lamb & PJ3 yet so we would hopefully find a way with these 3 picks. I wish we could swap picks with Atlanta to take Bebe & Giannis Adetokoubo :noah:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
I hear the griz are going to be purchasing a first rounder

@camOnGriz If the Grizzlies are able to aquire a first-rounder look for them to take Ricky Ledo or Tony Snell. They're high on both.

:yeshrug: I havent paid any attention to these prospects because we only had 2nd rounders

Last edited by a moderator:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:lolbron:

I keep seeing Adams is impressing teams & possibly moving up to Portland. All the Thunder writers keep talking about using the 12 on a replacement for Reggie in case he plays too well & we can't afford him when his deal expires :sadcam:

I wouldn't mind taking Bebe but we could move down a few spots to get him & I don't want to move Lamb & PJ3 yet so we would hopefully find a way with these 3 picks. I wish we could swap picks with Atlanta to take Bebe & Giannis Adetokoubo :noah:

Honestly, I would trade our 17&18 for your 12 and 29 pick. I would rather get a PG like Larkin or MCW and then draft whatever center like Whitley or Gobert and go from there.

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
I hear the griz are going to be purchasing a first rounder

@camOnGriz If the Grizzlies are able to aquire a first-rounder look for them to take Ricky Ledo or Tony Snell. They're high on both.

:yeshrug: I havent paid any attention to these prospects because we only had 2nd rounders

Everybody that I know who has seen Ledo in workouts says he's late-lottery talent. He's one of the most natural scorers, and he's fluid as hell with the ball in his hands. He's one of the best wings in this draft at creating his own shot.

His issue is that everyone hates him. Not his game, him - as a person. I reached out to a buddy in the PC program who said "he's everything you want on the court, and everything you're terrified of off the court."

Because of all the issues, he was gonna be second round, but as soon as people who haven't worked with him or been party to him saw him working out against the top wings in the class - he started climbing.

He's a very good basketball player and a complete wild card.

Snell falls broadly across a bunch of picks depending on whom you speak with, but he's around 6'7, long, and projects as a good defender. He can also shoot the ball, with pretty good mechanics. He projects as a 2 or 3, potentially playing like a 2 but defending 2/3's. As of right now, he's not creating much off the dribble, working mostly off his pump fake and driving to the hoop, or hitting jumpers. He's shown some vision, but nothing that I could project out to a "plus" skill right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

954UAlreadyknow

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it true that the Wizards are torn between Porter and Bennett?:heh:

If they pick Bennett over Porter their Gm should be fired

L!ssen

Rather Unique
Daps
Reppin
MD-DC-VA
Is it true that the Wizards are torn between Porter and Bennett?:heh:

If they pick Bennett over Porter their Gm should be fired

I heard that on the radio this morning also..

Grunfield is a certified idiot, so that wouldn't surprise me at all...

There was chatter a few weeks ago that he wanted to swap the 3rd pick to the bucks for Illasoyva...smh

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Undersized and overweight?!
[ame]https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/349168845132537856[/ame]

Bennett's been injured & unable to workout. Combined with lots of travel & his body type, not a huge surprise he gained 18 pounds

[ame]https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/349169880949469188[/ame]

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tre

are the bulls gonna move up or make any draft day moves you think?

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The Wizards and Bulls have engaged in "exploratory talks" about the possibility of a Luol Deng trade, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein. Stein reports that if the discussions were to become more serious, the most likely construction for a deal would involve the Bulls receiving the No. 3 pick and Emeka Okafor, for salary-matching purposes.

Stein cautions that the talks may simply be a way for the Bulls to gauge the value of Deng, and adds that the Cavaliers are reported to have interest in the Chicago forward as well. According to Stein, more potential trade partners figure to surface if the Bulls convey they're seriously entertaining the idea of moving Deng.

In the hypothetical deal between the Wizards and Bulls proposed by Stein, the Bulls would add a little salary to the books for 2013/14 and beyond. Okafor ($14.49MM) will slightly out-earn Deng ($14.28MM) next season, and the starting salary for the No. 3 overall pick would likely exceed $4MM. Both Okafor and Deng are scheduled to come off the books in the summer of 2014, while the 2013 third overall pick would continue playing under a rookie-scale contract through 2017, if all his team options were exercised.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Potentially giving Chicago Ben Mclemore or Nerlens Noel? **** you Washington. Straight up.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Potentially giving Chicago Ben Mclemore or Nerlens Noel? **** you Washington. Straight up.
grunfeld.jpg