The Official 2013 NBA Draft Talk Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Not quite sure I understand his logic though. Coming out of college Williams would have been a top 5 pick in a lot of drafts. He's been in the league 2 years and hasn't really played like a top 5 pick. If he means he would be a top 5 pick this year coming out of Zona, I agree. If he's saying he would still be a top 5 pick knowing what he's done in the league for 2 years, I disagree. Still think he's got potential....I see him as a stretch 4, but how much more can you ask back for a guy like Derrick Williams? It's not like he's a hot commodity amongst other teams.

The thing is that I think Flip believes Derrick should be valued much more than piece you throw in to move up 5 spots. Flip would also want something back that could be useful as well. Given how similar many of these picks seem to be, Flip could always just stay at 9 and take the best guard available there. Some of this is just posturing to get Derrick's value up. I do think teams like him but they're playing it smart. Buy low, because if Derrick stays, he'll never see the court, despite the fact that he's pretty good when he does get to play PF.

Personally, if Charlotte offered 4/Biyombo for 9/Williams, it's a done deal, but only if I felt Oladipo was worth it. I have no issue staying at 9 and moving Williams in a different deal

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
The thing is that I think Flip believes Derrick should be valued much more than piece you throw in to move up 5 spots. Flip would also want something back that could be useful as well. Given how similar many of these picks seem to be, Flip could always just stay at 9 and take the best guard available there. Some of this is just posturing to get Derrick's value up. I do think teams like him but they're playing it smart. Buy low, because if Derrick stays, he'll never see the court, despite the fact that he's pretty good when he does get to play PF.

Personally, if Charlotte offered 4/Biyombo for 9/Williams, it's a done deal, but only if I felt Oladipo was worth it. I have no issue staying at 9 and moving Williams in a different deal

I'd be pissed if Charlotte were to do that. Staying at 9 and trying to move Williams in another deal would be the best thing for Minny to do. I don't think it's worth it to move up in this draft, especially when you can get exactly what you need at 9 in Caldwell-Pope or Bazz.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
League source: three veterans who are candidates to be in deals leading up to, or during NBA draft are the Bulls' Luol Deng, Pacers' Danny Granger and Blazers' Lamarcus Aldridge. The Cavs apparently have interest in Deng and he certainly would be a terrific role model and leader-by-example for a young squad; the Cavs also have a gaping hole at that position and if they have interest in vying for a playoff spot next season, a rookie out of this draft isn't going to move them appreciably closer. That said, there is skepticism that the Cavs are actually serious about parting with the No. 1 pick because they keep asking for assets as if it were the first pick in next year's draft
Ric Bucher | Profile on Sulia

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
^ blazers already giving up on that core? i c deng and granger gettin tossed but lamarcus?

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got a few questions for you experts out there based on some mock drafts/rumors I've been seeing:

If Len doesn't go 1st overall what team will draft him?

Why would the Pelicans draft Burke when they already have a good point guard? Let him drop to the Pistons:ohlawd:

Who's drafting that 7 foot brazilian?

And for my Knicks fans.....is Tim Hardaway Jr the right pick?

:patrice:

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I got a few questions for you experts out there based on some mock drafts/rumors I've been seeing:

Why would the Pelicans draft Burke when they already have a good point guard? Let him drop to the Pistons:ohlawd:

I aint in the business of trying to see the knicks succeed but yall need s big just as bad

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was reading today that one of the few NBA ready players is Gorgiu Dieng. What do you guys think of him?

He should be between 15-20.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Tony Mitchell gonna be the steal of the draft. The Knicks seem like a good fit for him.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
EDIT: I realized you meant ol boy after I left.

So far it seems we like Adams, KCP, and McCollum. Read a few things about Karasev too.

The thing is tho, as a fan, its tough to get excited. Word is(MCW's mom blog or something like that) they are arleady letting prospects know that whoever we draft WILL go to the D-League.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

Worst case scenario for Len is #6 to the Pelicans. I think it's either 1 to Cleveland, 4 to Charlotte or 6 to the Pelicans.

Lord I've been asking that about Burke for so long. Now that I think of it, I think 7 to Sacramento is the lowest Burke will go. MCW to Sacto never made sense and I don't know why I didn't think that earlier. I'll explain in the last mock.

Lucas Nogueira can go anywhere. He can be stashed away still which will give teams will multiple picks more of an interest. Most intriguing C prospect. Said this a long time ago.

Tim Hardaway Jr. to the Knicks? I don't see why NY would draft another SG with Shumpert healthy and JR Smith coming back.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Lucas Nogueira Interview | NBADraft.net

Lucas Nogueira is one of the most intriguing players in this year's draft. He followed up a breakout season playing in the Spanish ACB league for Estudiantes Madrid with a tremendous performance at the adidas Eurocamp. We got a chance to sit down with Lucas to get to know him better as well as discuss his performance at the event. Bebe's answers were in Portuguese and translated by his agent.

Q: Talk about this event. How do you feel you played yesterday?

A: The event has gone well. I feel like I had a really good year and this event is giving me the chance to showcase my abilities in front all the scouts. It's allowing me to show what I can bring to an NBA team, which is to protect the rim, run the floor and finish at the rim and now it's just time to work hard.

Q: Have you gotten any feedback, you or you agent, from teams after yesterday's performance?

A: I feel that I drew a lot of interest from NBA teams, but my agent and I also need to make sure it's a good fit with the team that I go to. I would like to go somewhere that a team will be on board with my development, and I can contribute.

Q: What are your memories from this event two years ago?

A: Two years ago I feel like I didn't take this event as seriously. But I don't want to think about it now. Just want to move forward and focus on the future.

Q: Talk about what life was like growing up in Rio de Janeiro and how you first got into basketball.

A: My life was good growing up. Being around a lot of good people and my family. I grew up playing soccer but when I grew so much I was chosen to play on the basketball team. It was a surprise to me and I never thought it would lead me to where I am today. It was a bit of a surprise to my family too because my father and older brother both played soccer.

Q: What about size, are your parents tall as well?

A: I'm actually adopted so my parents are short.

Q: You have shown a lot of improvement in the past year. Is there an area of your game that you have focused on, and what has changed that has made you better in the past year?

A: I have dedicated myself to being a winner. My will to win has always been there and I have become dedicated to being more mature and improving.

Q: What aspect of your game needs the most work?

A: My low post game, my jump shot, man to man defense and the most important thing is getting stronger.

Q: You have gotten stronger, you are definitely getting there. What type of role do you envision yourself playing in NBA?

A: Playing with energy and giving effort and everything else will come.

Q: Who is your biggest role model?

A: My older brother Sandro.

Q: Is there an NBA player you model your game after?

A: Marcus Camby. I also like Kevin Durant it's ok.

Q: What about Joakim Noah?

A: Yes. Actually people have said that. Also Marcus Camby and Chris Anderson.

Q: Do you think another season in Madrid would benefit you? Or would you like to go to the NBA right away?

A: I feel that I am ready but it's up to the NBA team to decide where I can become better.

Q: What are some of your interests outside of basketball?

A: Futbol. And keeping in touch with my friends and family in Brazil.

Q: When is the last time you went home?

A: July of last year.

I believe in Bebe.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Rumor Press ‏@NBARumorPress 5h

Told Bulls "aren't thrilled" with their draft position--still trying to move up. Talked with Kings about the #7 pick, acc. to a source.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Philly is by far the toughest team to figure out. I'm gonna throw a curve ball at #11 and I know I could be way off but that team has no coach so there's zero direction. I wanna put Shabazz to Philly (would make my mock roll better), I really do, but I don't know if I can.

If Dallas is real with this whole thing about wanting to stash a guy away or trade away the pick, Michael Carter-Williams could really fall outta the lottery just cuz if Utah has no want for him compared to a guy like Shane Larkin, who's gonna jump at the chance to get him?

Also not sure which Cleveland deal will go down. Pierce for 2 2's, or Marion + 13 for 19 and the 2 2nd's. Lots of shyt needs to go down.