The Official 2013 NBA Draft Talk Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Noel, Oladipo, Porter, Len, Bennett, McLemore, Burke, Carter-Williams, McCollum & Zeller.

Official Green Room invitees.

That doesn't mean others won't be there (Euros tend to go on their own and buy a ticket or whatever), but with that list, those are more or less the lotto locks in some shape or form.

The list I think can be expanded by Monday or Tuesday. I think KCP gets invited late, Gobert, Karasev and Schroeder also wind up in Brooklyn. Shabazz stays home unless he shows up on his own on some Brandon Jennings shyt

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
I'm praying Shabazz or the greek kid drops to the Celtics. They are the only players I see in that range with a chance to be an all star. Drafting solid role players doesn't make sense with where we are as a team right now.

If we get these additional picks in the rumored Pierce deal we need to stockpile centers and see which one pans out.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Full NBA Job Interview Videos with Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons

CJ McCollum is a smart kid and you gotta love Trey Burke's mindset.

Shabazz did himself no favors here....:snoop:

Last edited by a moderator:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

McLemore has bombed everywhere. It's amazing. I'm doing my final write ups (barring any guarantees, I'm not changing the top 7 I've made so I'm writing them now. Final mock Wednesday night or Thursday afternoon)

He's overweight, he's sluggish in workouts. He's getting shown up by guys projected to go mid to late first. His handlers have really fukked him up (and Noel too. I think he's gonna slip). It's a shame because if you know McLemore's story, he's the last motherfukker that should be unprepared for these workouts.

Bombed in Orlando.
Bombed in Phoenix.
Bombed in Cleveland.
If he works out for Sacramento he'll bomb there too.

If he falls into 6 or 7, someone will move up for him.

I think Orlando takes a chance on him, but this is gonna be a major red flag going forward on him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
McLemore has bombed everywhere. It's amazing. I'm doing my final write ups (barring any guarantees, I'm not changing the top 7 I've made so I'm writing them now. Final mock Wednesday night or Thursday afternoon)

He's overweight, he's sluggish in workouts. He's getting shown up by guys projected to go mid to late first. His handlers have really fukked him up (and Noel too. I think he's gonna slip). It's a shame because if you know McLemore's story, he's the last motherfukker that should be unprepared for these workouts.

Bombed in Orlando.
Bombed in Phoenix.
Bombed in Cleveland.

I think Orlando takes a chance on him, but this is gonna be a major red flag going forward on him.

The draft is so awful id still take him high just off potential..you know at the very least hell be a decent scorre with his shooting ability and athleticism

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
@tremonthustler1 what's the word on the Bobcats pick? I heard Minny really likes Oladipo and was looking to trade up. Derrick Williams and the 9th for the 4th? I'm not sure if that's a great deal for us, but if we could do that and grab Bazz at 9 I'd be happy.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC

Bombed in Orlando.
Bombed in Phoenix.
Bombed in Cleveland.

Dude's handlers are going to ruin him in the long run.

What's the word on Bazz?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
@tremonthustler1 what's the word on the Bobcats pick? I heard Minny really likes Oladipo and was looking to trade up. Derrick Williams and the 9th for the 4th? I'm not sure if that's a great deal for us, but if we could do that and grab Bazz at 9 I'd be happy.

Flip seems to be discouraged at the possibility of moving up, period. He thinks it's a 40% chance they move up, and he feels that if he trades Derrick away, he wants something extra back as well. Some of that comes from Flip feeling that if Derrick was in this draft he'd be top 5. Some of that comes from AK47's opt out possibility.

If Flip wants to move up, he's targeting Washington. That's kinda why he's been talking up Cody Zeller. My take is he's trying to convince Washington that Zeller is what they need, enough to move out of #3 (which he's not wrong, though they should stay and draft Porter). I think Washington would do it if they could unload Nene, which I don't think Minny will do, so the Oladipo situation is a pipe dream

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
These Kansas players have been some bust in the NBA tho. I like Mac's game but I never seen that fire in him.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Flip seems to be discouraged at the possibility of moving up, period. He thinks it's a 40% chance they move up, and he feels that if he trades Derrick away, he wants something extra back as well. Some of that comes from Flip feeling that if Derrick was in this draft he'd be top 5. Some of that comes from AK47's opt out possibility.

Not quite sure I understand his logic though. Coming out of college Williams would have been a top 5 pick in a lot of drafts. He's been in the league 2 years and hasn't really played like a top 5 pick. If he means he would be a top 5 pick this year coming out of Zona, I agree. If he's saying he would still be a top 5 pick knowing what he's done in the league for 2 years, I disagree. Still think he's got potential....I see him as a stretch 4, but how much more can you ask back for a guy like Derrick Williams? It's not like he's a hot commodity amongst other teams.