The Official 2013 NBA Draft Talk Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
FreedS[ohh]lave;4685502 said:
Cavs make "safe" picks which will make you a middle of the road playoff team at best

Kyrie Irving is the only safe pick they've really made post-LeBron.

Nothing was sure about the other players they've chosen.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kyrie Irving is the only safe pick they've really made post-LeBron.

Nothing was sure about the other players they've chosen.

Maybe safe isnt the right word but they dotn alwasy pick the guy with the most upside

Thompson might not have been "safe" but everyone knew he had limitations as a tweener and offensively that he never was never gonna have star potential

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
You always pull these trade scenarios out of your ass without anything to base them on. Washington would have traded up to take Otto Porter? How do you know that? What would they have traded? They sure as hell weren't trading a first round pick, and second round picks are worthless. Bennett would have been there at the Pistons pick? Says who? Again, you have to be realistic. No one was trading anything of substance in this garbage draft. The Cavs just stayed where they were and took the best guy on their board.

:wtf: The Cavs could have traded down, the issue is that they were asking for a lot in return for the top pick.

Sources have indicated that the Cavs may have overvalued the pick, as attempts at making a trade have come up empty.

Grant wanted the world in return for the pick. You're acting as though Bennett is some can't miss future hall of famer, if he's not there then so be it. The Cavs don't have a center, they don't have a SF, and they took yet another forward despite you telling me Thompson is highly valued by them.

You keep talking about teams overreaching in the draft. Based on what? Chad Ford? Chris Mannix? What the hell do those guys know? So what if they said Anthony Bennett would go #7 ? They also said Nerlens Noel would go #1and Cody Zeller would go #10 . They don't know shyt. You need to stop putting value on players based upon what mock drafts say.

I'm not putting value based on their mocks, if I did then I wouldn't have kept saying Drummond should go no later than 2nd. I form my own opinion, and the Cavs taking Bennett isn't really the issue I have, it's that they took a PF when they already have a PF. They still do not have a center, and even at his best Bennett will not be a franchise player, and Thompson has almost no shot of being an all-star. I'm criticizing the Cavs draft choices as a whole, you seem to think the core they have put together is great and outside of Kyrie I don't see it. They've had two number 4 picks and the number 1 pick after him, yet all we can really say about them is what?

That is a great call by you then, and looking back Drummond should have gone a lot higher. But coming out of college there were a TON of question marks about Drummond. There is a reason that EIGHT teams passed on him.... people questioned his work ethic, dedication, motor, etc. He was one of the biggest boom or bust picks to come out in a long time and in this case he looks like he will probably be a boom.

Actually, the Cavs and the Bobcats were really the only teams that should have taken Drummond without question. The other teams either had a young center, or drafted for need. The Cavs especially should have taken him since they passed on Jonas, a pick they should have made without question. Had they taken Jonas the year before, passing on Drummond wouldn't have been so bad, they still could have ended up with Waiters and taking Bennett would have made more sense since there wouldn't be someone in front of him. You don't get very many chances to draft quality centers, and the Cavs passed twice. There's a 6"8-6"9 rebounding PF in the draft every year, there's very few 6"10 - 7"0 guys that can actually play.

Thompson was supposed to go between 8-12? Again....says who? Stop putting so much faith in mock drafts that are proven to be completely wrong year after year.

Tell me what other team was going to draft him had the Cavs not taken him 4th. The earliest he could have gone would have been 7, after that no other PF was taken until 14.

The Cavs didn't offer Thompson up in damn near every trade under the sun. They offered him up for two veteran All Stars in Kevin Love and Lamarcus Aldridge. They offered Thompson for those guys because both of them are better players. That doesn't make Thompson a reach though. The Cavs didn't pass up All Star big men to draft Thompson. They passed up Jonas Valancuinas, Jan Vesely, Bismock Biyombo, Jimmer Fredette, Brandon Knight, etc. Thompson is better than all those guys with the possible exception of Valancuinas.

And they got shot the fukk down :russ: They offered up 2 former lottery picks and the top pick in this years draft and both teams were like "Nah, chill". Outside of Kyrie, the Cavs have players they rate highly that the rest of the league doesn't view the same. You think if they had Drummond/Jonas frontcourt and offered it for Aldridge they'd get shot down? fukk no. Jonas is better than Thompson, only thing that will stop him will be injuries, he's already a better defender & finisher than him.

When a player is better than almost every player that gets drafted after him, then that player was not a reach.

He was a reach, and the fact they drafted another PF tells you that much. If they have as much faith in him being a good player long term, why did they take a scoring PF? You keep going around that question, if Thompson was such a valued player why exactly will he have another dude at his neck for his position.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
In the Cavs' fans' defense, the offer they made to get Love or Aldridge wasn't terrible. The offer to New Orleans isn't terrible. It's just that the teams they're looking at are philosophically in a different place. You make that offer to a team trying to rebuild, not a team trying to avoid it.

The way it looks now, Philly woulda been the team to call, though that woulda meant no Bennett. At the end of the day, Chris Grant gotta live with his decisions and pray it works.

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
@tremonthustler1 @Malta

Wanted to ask you guys: I really wanted Jamaal Franklin for the Knicks, and would have been alright with Mitchell. The Hardaway pick doesn't break my heart, but I'm not in love with his game.

Was wondering your thoughts, on who you liked for them in that spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
@tremonthustler1 @Malta

Wanted to ask you guys: I really wanted Jamaal Franklin for the Knicks, and would have been alright with Mitchell. The Hardaway pick doesn't break my heart, but I'm not in love with his game.

Was wondering your thoughts, on who you liked for them in that spot.

I thought the Knicks would draft a big to take the pressure off Chandler, Melo, STAT, but apparently had another way of getting that big as we now know.

Still think a big was necessary. Hardaway's there for depth, but I think his ceiling is J.R. Smith in all honesty. Shot selection's his biggest issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
1. Cleveland Cavaliers- Nerlens Noel, F/C, Kentucky @jaguar paw
2. Orlando Magic- Trey Burke, G, Michigan @Richboi804
3. Washington Wizards- Otto Porter, F, Georgetown @FAH1223
4. Charlotte Bobcats- Shabazz Muhammad, F, UCLA @CarolinaKing
5. Phoenix Suns- Ben McLemore, G, Kansas @GoddamnyamanProf
6. New Orleans Pelicans- Alex Len, C, Maryland @HiphopRelated
7. Sacramento Kings- Cody Zeller, F, Indiana @LezJepzin
8. Detroit Pistons- Victor Oladipo, G, Indiana @FukkAPaidEmail /Pistons consensus
9. Minnesota Timberwolves- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, G, Georgia @tremonthustler1
10. Portland Trail Blazers- C.J. McCollum, G, Lehigh @Skooby
11. Philadelphia 76ers- Anthony Bennett, F, UNLV @Kliq_Souf
12. Oklahoma City Thunder- Rudy Gobert, C, France @Loose
13. Dallas Mavericks- Dennis Schröder, G, Germany @dtownreppin214
14. Utah Jazz- Michael Carter-Williams, G, Syracuse @trick

15. Milwaukee Bucks- Mason Plumlee, F, Duke @TRob0
16. Boston Celtics- Steven Adams, C, Pittsburgh @King Diesel
17. Atlanta Hawks- Gorgui Dieng, C, Louisville @Sly Cookin
18. Atlanta Hawks- Shane Larkin, G, Miami @Sly Cookin
19. Cleveland Cavaliers- Kelly Olynyk, C, Gonzaga @jaguar paw
20. Chicago Bulls- Tim Hardaway, Jr. , G, Michigan @cornercommission2k12 Bulls consensus
21. Utah Jazz- Sergei Karasev, F, Russia @trick
22. Brooklyn Nets- Lucas Nogueira, C, Brazil @No Homo
23. Indiana Pacers- Nate Wolters, G, South Dakota State @O RLY
24. New York Knicks- Jeff Withey, C, Kansas Knicks consensus
25. Los Angeles Clippers- Allen Crabbe, G, California @pete clemenza
26. Minnesota Timberwolves- Giannis Antetokoumpo, F, Greece @tremonthustler1
27. Denver Nuggets- Reggie Bullock, F, North Carolina @Ritzy Sharon
28. San Antonio Spurs- Marko Todorovic, C, Montenegro @Public Enemies
29. Oklahoma City Thunder- Archie Goodwin, G, Kentucky @Loose /Thunder consensus
30. Phoenix Suns- Jamaal Franklin, G, San Diego State @GoddamnyamanProf
:gladbron: @tremonthustler1 @jaguar paw @Loose
KCP and Giannas
Gobert on the Thunder
Nerlens and Olynyk

Magic should hire yall as GMs :lolbron:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Now I'm sure the first page will have several variations of

"this draft is weak as fukk :scusthov:"

get it out of your system.

Now, the reason why I'm starting the thread now and not when the lotto starts is because foolishly, the combine is NEXT WEEK, before the lottery, not after. I'll post the list of 60 players that got invited to the combine. Euroleague Final Four is ongoing. Lots of prospects to sift through. Maybe you'll like some of them. I doubt it, but they can't cancel the draft, so deal with it. For all my NY heads, it's in Brooklyn this year.

Mock draft, teams will be available. Lay claim to em when the time comes because we'll be doing our annual mock draft again. As soon as the lotto is over it shall commence. Order will be here and updated.

Any other questions, debates, inquiries, you know what to do.

1. Cleveland Cavaliers- Nerlens Noel, F/C, Kentucky @jaguar paw
2. Orlando Magic- Trey Burke, G, Michigan @Richboi804
3. Washington Wizards- Otto Porter, F, Georgetown @FAH1223
4. Charlotte Bobcats- Shabazz Muhammad, F, UCLA @CarolinaKing
5. Phoenix Suns- Ben McLemore, G, Kansas @GoddamnyamanProf
6. New Orleans Pelicans- Alex Len, C, Maryland @HiphopRelated
7. Sacramento Kings- Cody Zeller, F, Indiana @LezJepzin
8. Detroit Pistons- Victor Oladipo, G, Indiana @FukkAPaidEmail /Pistons consensus
9. Minnesota Timberwolves- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, G, Georgia @tremonthustler1
10. Portland Trail Blazers- C.J. McCollum, G, Lehigh @Skooby
11. Philadelphia 76ers- Anthony Bennett, F, UNLV @Kliq_Souf
12. Oklahoma City Thunder- Rudy Gobert, C, France @Loose
13. Dallas Mavericks- Dennis Schröder, G, Germany @dtownreppin214
14. Utah Jazz- Michael Carter-Williams, G, Syracuse @trick

15. Milwaukee Bucks- Mason Plumlee, F, Duke @TRob0
16. Boston Celtics- Steven Adams, C, Pittsburgh @King Diesel
17. Atlanta Hawks- Gorgui Dieng, C, Louisville @Sly Cookin
18. Atlanta Hawks- Shane Larkin, G, Miami @Sly Cookin
19. Cleveland Cavaliers- Kelly Olynyk, C, Gonzaga @jaguar paw
20. Chicago Bulls- Tim Hardaway, Jr. , G, Michigan @cornercommission2k12 Bulls consensus
21. Utah Jazz- Sergei Karasev, F, Russia @trick
22. Brooklyn Nets- Lucas Nogueira, C, Brazil @No Homo
23. Indiana Pacers- Nate Wolters, G, South Dakota State @O RLY
24. New York Knicks- Jeff Withey, C, Kansas Knicks consensus
25. Los Angeles Clippers- Allen Crabbe, G, California @pete clemenza
26. Minnesota Timberwolves- Giannis Antetokoumpo, F, Greece @tremonthustler1
27. Denver Nuggets- Reggie Bullock, F, North Carolina @Ritzy Sharon
28. San Antonio Spurs- Marko Todorovic, C, Montenegro @Public Enemies
29. Oklahoma City Thunder- Archie Goodwin, G, Kentucky @Loose /Thunder consensus
30. Phoenix Suns- Jamaal Franklin, G, San Diego State @GoddamnyamanProf
C.J. McCollum,

Got that one right!

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
celtics are a sad pathetic franchise

:mjlol:
Anthony Bennett will shine and Victor Oladipo will be a bust. I guarantee it.

:russ:

Gotta Disagree with @Malta ...In this draft, Bennett is actually a great pick

6'8, good size and strength real sturdy base, extremely skilled...he's a bigger antoine walker right now (which is not a bad pickup at all).. and I seen the boy play in person,he's a fiery competitor at ayoung age, he's not going to back down from anyone..

That core of Kyrie, Waiters, Thompson and Bennett is Damn Good....in fact it might be 6-7 seed good in this year's east

:lolbron: