The Official 2013 NBA Draft Talk Thread

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Jameer was 5'11 without shoes at his Pre Draft measurements and 6'0.25 with shoes on. Trey was 5'11.75 and 6'1.25 with shoes on. That's only 1 inch not three. I hope the best for Trey but the only great guard in the league now under 6'2 is Chris Paul.

Thanks. Was literally gonna post that same thing. He is small by NBA pg standards n especially if you talking about quality ones. He a lot closer to Jameer than he is someone like Jrue.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
Burke has a 6'5 wingspan and something like a 8'2 standing reach.

Go back and do your research. He's not undersized.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Burke has a 6'5 wingspan and something like a 8'2 standing reach.

Go back and do your research. He's not undersized.

He IS undersized. Any way you slice it, that's undersized by any NBA measure. All you're saying is that his measurements for a 6'1'' guard isn't that bad. He's still a 6 foot guard, not to mention he didn't do great at the combine as far as running and strength.

maarifajones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd put it at 80% McLemore. 10% Olidipo. 6% Burke. 4% someone else.

I like McLemore, but I'm hoping they draft Olidipo. That kids got mini Wade genes in him.

I haven't been impressed with Oladipo's ability to create his own shot consistently...thats what Wade does best, or at least did best...he seems to be Tony Allen at the very best

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
He IS undersized. Any way you slice it, that's undersized by any NBA measure. All you're saying is that his measurements for a 6'1'' guard isn't that bad. He's still a 6 foot guard, not to mention he didn't do great at the combine as far as running and strength.

His ratings at the combine for speed, agility were :leon:

And not in the good way.

He measured out with longish arms, and a decent reach... but he's still small. Not sure what the argument is. He's smaller than the average nba point guard.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Chris Sheridan tweeted Cavs looking to trade 19 for 13 and the Matrix. Also looking to trade the 31 and 33 for 1st rounder

KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
Cavs ready to select Alex Len No. 1 in 2013 draft, acquire Shawn Marion from Dallas

Less than one week until the NBA Draft, and all eyes are on Cleveland.

The Cavs hosted all of the top prospects this week, and their board is close to finalized with Alex Len of Maryland goin No. 1 unless the pick is traded.

Also, sources tell SheridanHoops.com the Cavs are in serious discussions to acquire Shawn Marion from Dallas in a lopsided trade that would allow them to move up from No. 19 to No. 13 in the first round by relieving the Mavs of Marion&#8217;s $9.3 million salary, allowing Mark Cuban more salary cap flexibility to use on July 1.

You can bet your bottom dollar on this: If the draft were held today, the Cavaliers would select Alex Len with the top pick. The Cavs believe he is the best fit long-term alongside Kyrie Irving.

Cleveland has the cap space to absorb Marion&#8217;s contract, and they view him as an upgrade over Alonzo Gee in their pursuit of a playoff spot next season. Sources say Cleveland is eyeing Sergey Karasev at 13.

Also, Cleveland is willing to package their two picks in the second round (Nos. 31 and 33) for a late first-rounder if they see a player they value slipping.

While Len rises, Nerlens Noel and Ben McLemore continue to slip. Noel, due in part to his ACL injury, should be available for Washington at 3, but the Wizards might opt to draft Otto Porter instead.

McLemore&#8217;s troubles stem from his inner circle and poor conditioning. McLemore has not been impressive at workouts in Phoenix or Cleveland. One executive who watched McLemore said &#8220;Jamaal Franklin looked like a better prospect than him, and he&#8217;s still recovering from a sprained ankle.&#8221;

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has impressed multiple teams during workouts and now is primed to be selected in the back end of the lottery, if not earlier. One team with a first-round pick believes that Oklahoma City will pull the trigger on Caldwell-Pope. Detroit and Minnesota are two teams to also watch with Caldwell-Pope, who has been soaring up boards the last few weeks.

On the trade front there are at least three lottery picks that are very available. Minnesota and Portland, along with the aforementiond Mavs, continue to reach out to teams to discuss potential deals as their respective draft picks are available to the highest bidder.

Watch out for these names on draft night as they are on the rise: Ricky Ledo, Jamaal Franklin, Glen Rice Jr., and Myck Kabongo, all of whom have been impressive during workouts and could hear their names called during the first round. Franklin, who is still recovering from a sprained ankle, has been showcasing an improved jumper.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The Rockets have been offered a first-round pick in next week's draft in exchange for Thomas Robinson, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.com. Houston is evaluating a "fistful" of international players the team could take with that pick and stash overseas to avoid the cap hit that would come with signing a first-rounder, Stein also reports, naming Giannis Antetokounmpo, Rudy Gobert, Sergey Karasev, Lucas Nogueira and Dennis Schroeder as the team's targets

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Tier 1:
None

Tier 2:
None

Tier 3:

Anthony Bennett
Alex Len
Ben McLemore
Nerlens Noel
Victor Oladipo
Otto Porter Jr.

Tier 4:
Steven Adams
Trey Burke
Michael Carter-Williams
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
C.J. McCollum
Cody Zeller

Note: After Tier 3, the consensus breaks down pretty quickly. These are typical late-lottery to mid-first-round selections in a normal draft -- selections 10-20. In this draft, this group is more likely to be drafted in the 7-14 range. Burke, McCollum and Carter-Williams got a small number of votes for Tier 3, but the majority had them ranked in Tier 4. Zeller was ranked in Tier 4 by every team I spoke with. Caldwell-Pope and Adams had some Tier 5 votes, but the majority of votes was in Tier 4.

Tier 5:

Players:
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Reggie Bullock
Isaiah Canaan
Allen Crabbe
Gorgui Dieng
Jamaal Franklin
Rudy Gobert
Archie Goodwin
Erick Green
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Pierre Jackson
Sergey Karasev
Shane Larkin
Ricardo Ledo
C.J. Leslie
Tony Mitchell
Shabazz Muhammad
Mike Muscala
Lucas Nogueira
Kelly Olynyk
Mason Plumlee
Glen Rice Jr.
Dennis Schroeder
Tony Snell
Jeff Withey
Nate Wolters

Note: This next group is the largest Tier 5 I've ever had, and it shows where the strength of the draft is. There is incredible depth here, and it's not uncommon to hear teams say that the player drafted at No. 35 might be as good as the player at No. 15. There is a whopping 26 players in this group. At least eight of these players won't hear their names called in the first round.

A few teams had Antetokounmpo, Karasev, Muhammad and Nogueira in Tier 4, but not quite enough for them to make the cut. Interestingly, Ledo got two votes for Tier 4 and is a guy who clearly has been impressing people in workouts.