KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
Report: Alex Len ‘likely’ choice for Cavaliers at No. 1 | ProBasketballTalk

Report: Alex Len ‘likely’ choice for Cavaliers at No. 1

Jun 17, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT

This is the time of year when teams and agents create smokescreens so thick, firefighters can’t get through them. So, approach any report like this with a healthy dose of skepticism. But also consider that a beat writer for a major newspaper was confident enough to report it. There’s a fine line, and from the outside, it’s difficult to see through the haze and determine on which side each report falls.

Jimmy Smith of the New Orleans Times-Picayune:

Who might want the world to believe Len will go No. 1? Well, Len and his agent. Of course, what they want and the truth could coincide.

The Cavaliers probably don’t have as much incentive to leak their leaning until they’re certain of their choice, unless they’re just trying to convince other teams to trade for the pick. If Len is the bait Cleveland is dangling to persuade teams to trade up, that’s fairly surprising. I’d figure other teams would be much more likely to move up if they believed Nerlens Noel, Ben McLemore or Otto Porter wouldn’t be available lower.

Len is a good athlete with good size, and he’s pretty skilled, even if still a bit unrefined. He also had surgery in early May and can’t work out for teams, so I’m not sure why his stock has risen so rapidly since. To me, it seems like teams are too swayed by the flaws they see in players who can work out as Len holds steady without having to prove himself. The very-credible Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress has Len atop his draft board, though, so it’s tough to argue Len would be a total reach at No. 1.

The NBA Draft is 10 days away, and we often know the No. 1 pick by this point. Maybe this year it remains a mystery until Cleveland (or another team) actually makes the pick, but we could know much sooner whether Smith is on the right track.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
I have this horrible sinking feeling that the Knicks are going to take Withey. :why:

There are going to be some potentially talented players taken right around their pick: Karasev, Mitchell, Livio, bebe even jaiteh/dieng - and I just know I'm going to be devastated. Like, I know it deep in my bones.

:beli: Chill with the Withey slander breh. He locks down the paint..but yeah I wouldn't take him at all if I was the Knicks.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Shabazz pulled out of his workout with Utah the day after working out for Minnesota.

He may have a promise at 9

I think he's gonna be the best player out of this whole draft, huge superstar potential. It's criminal that, in this draft especially, he's gonna slide to the bottom of the top 10. Great for Minnesota if he falls to them at 9.

He could just as easily turn into a team cancer though. Really hope that doesn't happen, wherever he goes.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
No fukking way. You might as well just throw the #1 pick away. I saw Len get dominated by guys 3-4 inches shorter than him. Not once watching him did I ever think he could be a top 5 pick, let alone the #1 pick. His bust potential is thru the roof.

That's the thing about Len, he has games where he is so talented and skilled then he gets dominated at times. :damn:

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
FreedS[ohh]lave;4553510 said:
Im not saying hes a bad choice for you at 9 i was repsonding to this dude saying he has superstar potential which he doesnt

He absolutely does. He has the athleticism and scoring ability, just needs to work on his dribbling. He's got more upside than anyone in this draft IMO.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Suns draft Shabazz , sign Iggy

Dragic/Shabazz/Iggy would be :ohlawd:

:childplease:

Report: Alex Len ‘likely’ choice for Cavaliers at No. 1 | ProBasketballTalk

Report: Alex Len ‘likely’ choice for Cavaliers at No. 1

Jun 17, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT

This is the time of year when teams and agents create smokescreens so thick, firefighters can’t get through them. So, approach any report like this with a healthy dose of skepticism. But also consider that a beat writer for a major newspaper was confident enough to report it. There’s a fine line, and from the outside, it’s difficult to see through the haze and determine on which side each report falls.

Jimmy Smith of the New Orleans Times-Picayune:

Who might want the world to believe Len will go No. 1? Well, Len and his agent. Of course, what they want and the truth could coincide.

The Cavaliers probably don’t have as much incentive to leak their leaning until they’re certain of their choice, unless they’re just trying to convince other teams to trade for the pick. If Len is the bait Cleveland is dangling to persuade teams to trade up, that’s fairly surprising. I’d figure other teams would be much more likely to move up if they believed Nerlens Noel, Ben McLemore or Otto Porter wouldn’t be available lower.

Len is a good athlete with good size, and he’s pretty skilled, even if still a bit unrefined. He also had surgery in early May and can’t work out for teams, so I’m not sure why his stock has risen so rapidly since. To me, it seems like teams are too swayed by the flaws they see in players who can work out as Len holds steady without having to prove himself. The very-credible Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress has Len atop his draft board, though, so it’s tough to argue Len would be a total reach at No. 1.

The NBA Draft is 10 days away, and we often know the No. 1 pick by this point. Maybe this year it remains a mystery until Cleveland (or another team) actually makes the pick, but we could know much sooner whether Smith is on the right track.

Don't believe anything you hear about what the Cavs are doing, they haven't even examined Or met Noel yet. It's all speculation at this point.