The Official 2013 NBA Draft Talk Thread

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think the sixers should just forfeit this pick, theres no chance anything will work out for them

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

Redoing my mock now. I'm not putting Len at 1 yet because he'll meet with Cleveland this week, but if all goes well, I'm locking him in there.

At the very least, Noel doesn't look like he'll be the #1 pick when it's all said and done. You have to be real comfortable with pissing much of a year away to take Noel. Orlando would do it. Cleveland DOES have Kyrie Irving to look out for.

2 teams I just can't figure out for the life of me are New Orleans and Detroit, especially Detroit.

All I know is that they're stashing a 2nd rounder. After that, they too might wanna replace their PG.

burkejpg-a8591158ea674f15.jpg

Demps: :steviej:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Draft chatter

-- If the Cavs pass on Noel, he could drop to Charlotte at 4. The Bobcats would almost have to take him given their dire need for a big man. Noel hired Andy Miller as his agent this week. Noel is scheduled to visit with the Cavs on Thursday.

-- The Pistons will likely hope Michigan point guard Trey Burke (6-1 1/4, 187) won't be on the board when they use the No. 8 pick. There is intense pressure from the fan base for the Pistons to take the undersized Burke. They don't appear to be real high on him as a prospect.

-- Most observers feel the Pistons will select a player to bolster their backcourt. However, don't be shocked if they take Indiana forward/center Cody Zeller. They are supposedly very high on the former Hoosiers standout.

-- If Kansas small forward Andrew Wiggins, Duke small forward Jabari Parker and Oklahoma State point guard Marcus Smart were eligible for the 2013 draft, they'd be the top three picks, one scout said. Wiggins and Parker are incoming freshmen, while Smart decided to stay in school for his sophomore year.

-- Lehigh combo guard C.J. McCollum (6-3 1/4, 197) broke a bone in his foot on Jan. 5. That's the first thing NBA teams ask about with the former Canton GlenOak High School star.

"I'm healthy," he said. "That's the biggest thing. I'm 21. I'm not going to change my game (in the weeks leading up to the draft). I want to show I'm healthy, can knock down shots, defend at a high level and show I have great ball skills."

-Bob Finnan, Cavs Insider, News Herald

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Noel dropping to the Bobcats would help insure their crappiness long enough for the Bulls to cash in on that pick ...

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Noel dropping to the Bobcats would help insure their crappiness long enough for the Bulls to cash in on that pick ...

I can't see Orlando passing up Noel because time's on their side for now (I don't think Washington would or should take Noel, so there's that)

If Noel's a Bobcat, Biyombo has to go. Sure they'd be a terror defensively, but Biyombo and Noel couldn't coexist offensively.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
[ame]https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/346447847123718144[/ame]

Saric out, Livio Jean-Charles in. Deadline for int'l players is tomorrow at 5:00. I expect Tavares to stay in actually just because a team would take his rights.

just my opinion, that team who promised Saric HAD to be the Pelicans

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Mock Draft complete.

Any trades between now and Thursday, I reopen the draft.

Any Euro who drops out of the draft by tomorrow, I reopen that too (this should no longer be an issue)

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
I have this horrible sinking feeling that the Knicks are going to take Withey. :why:

There are going to be some potentially talented players taken right around their pick: Karasev, Mitchell, Livio, bebe even jaiteh/dieng - and I just know I'm going to be devastated. Like, I know it deep in my bones.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I have this horrible sinking feeling that the Knicks are going to take Withey. :why:

There are going to be some potentially talented players taken right around their pick: Karasev, Mitchell, Livio, bebe even jaiteh/dieng - and I just know I'm going to be devastated. Like, I know it deep in my bones.

he seems to be the type of 'great white stiff' grunweld tends to draft in the 1st round too (e.g. radosevic, michael bradley, etc). :patrice:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:ehh: So, am I the only one thinking that Anthony Bennett has bust written all over him? :beli: I read that his best case scenario is Larry Johnson, but his worst-case scenario is Michael Beasley. :scusthov: I would't be taking my chances with him at all.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:russ: at this "Haters Edition" Mock Draft:
1. Cleveland Cavaliers: Nerlens Noel

JT: He weighed 205 pounds at the combine. That means he weighs less and is less skilled than Brittney Griner.

2. Orlando Magic: Otto Porter

TDH: Porter struggles creating his shot with more than one dribble, but he understands the game, plays hard on both ends and has a solid stroke. A role player, not a top-three pick.

3. Washington Wizards: Anthony Bennett

JT: Bennett's freshman season had a ton in common with Michael Beasley's, except he was less engaged defensively, not nearly as productive and in a much worse conference.

4. Charlotte Bobcats: Alex Len

JT: A 7'0 20-year-old coming off serious surgery on his ankle. The good news is big men never have recurring injuries in their feet.

5. Phoenix Suns: Ben McLemore

TDH: He was deferring to Elijah Johnson this season. This guy is a star?

6. New Orleans Pelicans: Trey Burke

JT: Unless you think he is Chris Paul, it's hard to draft a small point guard this high. He's not Chris Paul.

7. Sacramento Kings: Victor Oladipo

JT: We're drafting shooting guards who average 14 points and two assists a game in the top 10? You need offense from that position.

8. Detroit Pistons: Michael Carter-Williams

JT: He shot 39 percent from the field this season. Rajon Rondo might not have a jumper either, but he shot 48 percent in his last season in college.

9. Minnesota Timberwolves: C.J. McCollum

TDH: His college career comprised of crossing over consultants and Seth Curry. Cue the tape of his games against Baylor and Lehigh and please stop with the Steph Curry comparisons.

10. Portland Trail Blazers: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

TDH: If he's a super athlete, how come more than half his shots came from beyond the three-point arc? Maybe shoot better than 37 percent from the college three if that's supposed to be your NBA calling card.

11. Philadelphia 76ers: Cody Zeller

TDH: He tested well at the combine, but remember how functionally athletic he looked the last time played in a basketball game? Ten points on 3-11 shooting against Syracuse.

12. Oklahoma City Thunder: Gorgui Dieng

JT: He's an undersized 23-year-old center who averaged 10 points a game this season. How much better is he going to get?

13. Dallas Mavericks: Dennis Schroeder

JT: One big game at the Nike Hoop Summit does not a career make. Ask Saer Sene or Bismack Biyombo.

14. Utah Jazz: Shane Larkin

JT: Forget defending his position; how is he even going to contest shots in the NBA? He's short, slight and he has a 5'11 wingspan.

15. Milwaukee Bucks: Shabazz Muhammad

JT: Whatever genius on Twitter came up with "Jared Dudley meets DeMar DeRozan," please come forward. I can't top that.

16. Boston Celtics: Steven Adams

JT: Remember how raw Meyers Leonard was as a rookie? He was at least one to two years ahead of Adams in the development process.

17. Atlanta Hawks: Rudy Gobert

TDH: A tall guy who can't play. At least Hasheem Thabeet had a resume of documented production.

18. Atlanta Hawks: Jamaal Franklin

TDH: His stock would be a lot higher if putting the ball in the basket wasn't the object of the game.

19. Cleveland Cavaliers: Sergey Karasev

JT: He's 200 pounds and he's not all that fast. Hard to defend anyone in the NBA with that combination.

20. Chicago Bulls: Mason Plumlee

JT: Coach K has a long tradition of developing big men. That's why Cherokee Parks, Shelden Williams, Josh McRoberts and Miles Plumlee have been so successful in the NBA.

21. Utah Jazz: Giannis Adetokunbo

JT: A lot of guys can look good against D3-caliber competition. His DraftExpress video looks like it was recorded on Betamax.

22. Brooklyn Nets: Kelly Olynyk

TDH: Olynyk has T-Rex arms and no burst. I would say he's a D-League player, but those aren't things he can improve.

23. Indiana Pacers: Tony Mitchell

JT: Mitchell's statistics were down across the board on a 12-20 Sun Belt team. That's one of the conferences that sends 16-seeds to the NCAA Tournament every year.

TDH: He admitted to having issues with effort. It's always encouraging to hear that about a player before he is drafted.

24. New York Knicks: Ricky Ledo

JT: Congratulations, unnamed college coach. You are the hater of the year:
A coach said this abt Ricky Ledo: "he's the single worst human being I'd ever been associated with on a basketball court", "program killer".

25. LA Clippers: Tim Hardaway Jr.

TDH: He can't even dribble!

26. Minnesota Timberwolves: Allen Crabbe (Scouting report)

JT: Let's draft a shooter who shot 35 percent from three in college.

27. Denver Nuggets: Reggie Bullock

JT: A shooting guard who can't create his own shot. It's not hard to get open shots when you play at UNC.

28. San Antonio Spurs: Lucas Nogueira

JT: Two years after he first put his name into the draft, he hasn't gained any weight and he still has no offensive game. What has he been doing?

29. Oklahoma City Thunder: Archie Goodwin

JT: A shooting guard who can't shoot or pass. After the season ended, Goodwin said he would have to be "delusional" to declare for the draft. Well, here he is.

30. Phoenix Suns: Glen Rice Jr.

JT: He didn't do anything in college to suggest he's an NBA-caliber player. He doesn't have the talent to be worth his off-the-court issues.
NBA Mock Draft 2013: Everyone's worst-case scenario - SBNation.com

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: So, am I the only one thinking that Anthony Bennett has bust written all over him? :beli: I read that his best case scenario is Larry Johnson, but his worst-case scenario is Michael Beasley. :scusthov: I would't be taking my chances with him at all.

in this draft you take him, asthma problems and all.