Daps
Now we got people in here saying its inherently lower class to use it :mjlol:

This a black board huh :mjpls:

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
And instead of checking them on that you're trying to police and discuss respectability politics with other black people after the fact?

Truly a c00n's mentality. Handle your business.

Tbh you sound like one of them nikkas who never heard the n word said by his family growing up then decided to start saying it in school to fit in.

im a human, a man, not that word.

and i never used it, i grew up with my grandparents, from south carolina, who lived under jim crow and whose grandparents were slaves.

Im a c00n because i want all my people to have a sense of pride to not use a historical slur?
According to the OP itd be better if I told him "shut up boy"

Telling where his mental is :mjpls:

I said “my boys” which is completely different and you know it, but have fun breh. Im off this thread, yall win.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
im a human, a man, not that word.

and i never used it, i grew up with my grandparents, from south carolina, who lived under jim crow and whose grandparents were slaves.

Im a c00n because i want all my people to have a sense of pride to not use a historical slur?

I said “my boys” which is completely different and you know it, but have fun breh. Im off this thread, yall win.

And me calling you a nikka (if youre actually black) is completely different from some ofay doing so and you know it :mjpls:

Shoulda chin checked them cacs in ur locker room if your conviction is this immense :mjpls:

Daps
If my great aunt Evelyn caught you saying ******/nikka, a curse word or a substitute for a curse word, you received these two things . . .

bar-of-soap-png-7.png

13May-snack1.jpg
(buttermilk)

I get the shakes just thinking about the latter one.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
As if spic has the same connotation as nikka. In any case this is stupid hill to die on. Im sure whats holding us back is us using nikka, good thread,very profound, would read again

Calm down Karen
Life is gonna go on if our people say that word or not...the omitting of that word will not liberate us from white Supremacy

What you guys are failing to realize is that it goes beyond simply using a word. To use a word one must have a certain STATE OF MIND. With that word comes a way of thinking, as thoughts (should) always precede speech. So for us to use that word it shows deeper underlying issues.

I’m guilty too at times, but please don’t act like it’s not a flaw.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Can you punk motherfukkers stop projecting your lame ass selves onto other people? Just because you do "dap fishing" doesnt mean that I'm doing that shyt. I damn sure didnt write that for any damn reason other than that's my opinion. I dont need any daps or reps. Yall fukkers please stop ruining the forum with your dumb shyt please. Not everyone takes this forum seriously or treats it like a job. You shouldnt either

Shut the fukk up. Plenty of educated black folk have/use the N word.

yyy

All Star
Daps
Why is this post needed? If you don't want to use the word, don't use the word. But the notion that other Black people have to defend themselves or explain themselves to you is silly. If it's a big enough deal to you, stop being friends with people who use it. Stop listening to music artists that use it. When you have kids make sure they don't use it. As a Black man in America, the use of the N-word by Black people doesn't even come anywhere near my "most important problems" in the world. Whether we like it or not, our and focus is a commodity, and when we choose to focus on things that won't improve/uplift our community all we do is hurt ourselves. Given everything that Black people face, I must say that I find it very bizarre that this is the issue that "gets your blood flowing." Median Black wealth is expected to approach zero. Student loans are devastating young Black college graduates. The coronavirus is ravaging Black communities. Black unemployment is likely higher than its ever been. And we are here debating the use of the N-word. This is like being on a slowly sinking ship and complaining to your fellow passengers how cold the water is. We have bigger problems to focus on.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
a lot of content has the n word attached to it , i noticed this more as i was listeing to a podcast with my pawg jawn , nikka this and niga that , alot of youtube content and twitter content, music etc overuse the word , sometimes it can be jarring , personally i was ignorant to the word till i was 14 but tbh the meaning of thee n word has changed over the years, egytptions used it way before slavery, stay woke.