The N-Word is a Low IQ, clown word that you hold an existential L if you use it

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
It’s a lost cause, breh. Unfortunately, the damage is already done on our generation. Our grandparents are the only ones who stay on code when it comes to that word. They despise that word, and if they ever call someone a nikka it ain’t gonna be in a nice way.

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
No, this is like being on a slowly sinking ship full of passengers that have been convinced that they're "rocks". What else can a rock do in water but sink? So you try to say Hey! We're not rocks. We can swim, we can fashion some floats, etc and the response is "rock please"... you're still sinking, and the collective conscious is resigned to it.

You understand that most cultures and people have affirming terms for one another in their language, correct? :usure: Take the Jewish/Yiddish "Mensch" for example:
  1. A person having admirable, noble, or dignified characteristics, such as fortitude, responsibility, and firmness of purpose: "He radiates the kind of fundamental decency that has a name in Yiddish; he's a Mensch." (James Atlas).
  2. A person who is admired, respected, and trusted because of a sense of ethics, fairness, and nobility.
https://www.peterswank.com/menschkeit

This country already thinks we're "nikkas". This country's treatment of us is largely, if not wholly because it thinks we're "nikkas". We do nothing but play into our own demise and destruction by cosigning it or brushing it off as irrelevant. I've run this experiment a few times on here: Without thinking, Fill in the blanks with the first words that come to mind when I say l, "nikkas _____ ____ ____"

Try it again. Try it as many times as you need. Did anything positive or affirming GENUINELY come to mind??? Or was is all dismissive and negative connotations? And if it was the latter.... how the fukk are you complaining about black wealth, and college loans, etc??? :gucci: "nikkas" are just doing what they do right? SINK.

breh i had given up on this thread because everyone was clowning me, so thank you for making me feel even 1% less crazy, you articulated my thoughts PERFECTLY. Love the “rock please” :russ:

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
It’s a lost cause, breh. Unfortunately, the damage is already done on our generation. Our grandparents are the only ones who stay on code when it comes to that word. They despise that word, and if they ever call someone a nikka it ain’t gonna be in a nice way.

The n-word use exploded with the emergence of NWA, period.

The exhausting use of the n-word correlates with the emergence of a generation born after
1985, with fetal brains damaged by maternal crack drug use and environmental destruction.

Just Listen to rap records prior to 1988. Virtually NO use of the n-word.

Listen to Earth, Wind and Fire, the Commodores, Donna Summer, Roberta Flack.

How much does the n-word appear in the works of Richard Wright and Ralph Ellison?

How many times did Dr. King use the n-word during the "I Have A Dream" speech.

invalid

Banned
Daps
i thank god my family instilled some history and pride into me

I have family members all up in black history books and I use nikka in private company all damn day.

Dr. Henry Louis Gates directs the WEB Dubois Center for African American Research at Harvard University, family is also in black history books, and uses nikka in private company as well.

If there is any argument to made against it's usage, this ain't it. :francis:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I don't know if anybody has already stated this, but the last time I researched it I recall it meaning "river of rivers" or water. I think it is a Berber word for the waterway that runs across much of West Africa, which starts in Guinea in the highlands near it's border with Sierra Leone. The river then heads North to Mali and then it takes a right turn and heads South and empties into the Atlantic Ocean in Nigeria.

Niger_river_mapfr.png

There are two countries named after the River. Niger and Nigeria. I don't know how the word became a racial slur, but I my guess is that it started during slavery probably because it the river was used to transport slaves. Anyway that is my two cents.
Yeah... look a lil deeper into the origins of "Niger", if you haven't already. I know you're a well-studied breh tho, all due respect :ehh:

I'm just saying.... it's funny how we can be "African" enough to be "nikkas" cuz "Niger/Negus" but otherwise, all bets are off--at least these days, that is :francis:
breh i had given up on this thread because everyone was clowning me, so thank you for making me feel even 1% less crazy, you articulated my thoughts PERFECTLY. Love the “rock please” :russ:
I'm probably gonna write book on this shyt one day, breh. No lie, it's a passion of mine. Lkewise, I'm relieved someone else gets it. Just wish I'd caught it sooner
tenor.gif

yyy

All Star
Daps
No, this is like being on a slowly sinking ship full of passengers that have been convinced that they're "rocks". What else can a rock do in water but sink? So you try to say Hey! We're not rocks. We can swim, we can fashion some floats, etc and the response is "rock please"... you're still sinking, and the collective conscious is resigned to it.

You understand that most cultures and people have affirming terms for one another in their language, correct? :usure: Take the Jewish/Yiddish "Mensch" for example:
  1. A person having admirable, noble, or dignified characteristics, such as fortitude, responsibility, and firmness of purpose: "He radiates the kind of fundamental decency that has a name in Yiddish; he's a Mensch." (James Atlas).
  2. A person who is admired, respected, and trusted because of a sense of ethics, fairness, and nobility.
https://www.peterswank.com/menschkeit

This country already thinks we're "nikkas". This country's treatment of us is largely, if not wholly because it thinks we're "nikkas". We do nothing but play into our own demise and destruction by cosigning it or brushing it off as irrelevant. I've run this experiment a few times on here: Without thinking, Fill in the blanks with the first words that come to mind when I say l, "nikkas _____ ____ ____"

Try it again. Try it as many times as you need. Did anything positive or affirming GENUINELY come to mind??? Or was is all dismissive and negative connotations? And if it was the latter.... how the fukk are you complaining about black wealth, and college loans, etc??? :gucci: "nikkas" are just doing what they do right? SINK.
The N-word was created by White America to quell their guilty conscience of committing atrocities against their fellow human beings, Black people have created their own culture. Black people didn't start to use the word until the late 60s early 70s. Why is that important? Because of the rise of the n-word coincided with the Black conscious movement. A movement where Black people realized that if they going to embrace this Blackness they had to, on a certain level, reject a culture that was fundamentally built on their dehumanization.

Now, many Black people that use the n-word actually might not know this consciously but on a certain level, they know it subconsciously. The generation that started using the N-word was the generation of Black people who had seen Emmett Till murdered, black kids being bitten by dogs, and black churches being bombed. They had watched to watch news reports of Medgar Evers and MLK getting assassinations and much much more. In that context, the only thing that a Black person can do to create an unshakable sense of their own self-worth is to completely disavow and reject the society in which they live. You understand that the country thinks we are "nikkas." But it goes much deeper than that doesn't? You talk about the n-word in isolation, like it's the only part of the dominant culture's language that contributes to the belief that Black people are inferior.

“Even semantics have conspired to make that which is black seem ugly and degrading. In Roget's Thesaurus there are some 120 synonyms for blackness and at least sixty of them are offensive, such words as blot, soot, grim, devil, and foul. And there are some 134 synonyms for whiteness and all are favorable, expressed in such words as purity, cleanliness, chastity, and innocence. A white lie is better than a black lie. The most degenerate member of a family is the "black sheep." Ossie Davis has suggested that maybe the English language should be reconstructed so that teachers will not be forced to teach the Negro child sixty ways to despise himself, and thereby perpetuate his false sense of inferiority, and the white child 134 ways to adore himself, and thereby perpetuate his false sense of superiority. The tendency to ignore the Negro's contribution to American life and strip him of his personhood is as old as the earliest history books and as contemporary as the morning's newspaper.”

The Black power movement of the late 60s marked the start of Black America's separation from the dominant culture. You are going to say Black hair is ugly, I'm going to grow an afro. You are going to oppress me with White Power, I'm going to call for Black power. You are going to call me n*****r, I'm going to take your word and change its definition to reflect our resilience and toughness. But at the end of the day, Black people are still Americans. So now we are both part of the dominant and separated from it. And depending on the context of the N-word, it can have two completely different meanings. Every Black person has to decide how to balance that for themselves. But for me, I have absolutely no problem using the word. I don't value the dominant culture's view on the n-word just like I don't value the dominant culture's view on my Blackness. And I understand why the word is used. My question for how do you go about embracing and loving your Blackness while partly accepting a culture that is built on the fundamental premise that Blackness

I recommend listening to this. This is one of the greatest Black thinkers of the 20th century. If you can't listen to the whole thing at least listen to it starting at 18:20. "The American idea of progress is how fast I can become white. That is a trickbag because they know perfectly well I can never become white...So I decided I might as well act like a nikka..."

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Do you guys hold the same energy for people who use words like "c00n" "wench" etc?

:coffee:

If not then y'all just as much clowns as those who say nikka

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
My thing is brehs using it in mixed company. Make me look at them different :mjpls:

Then there are some dudes where the word is on the back of their throat, like a cough. It just comes out.

It is what it is, it gets used more widely in some places. I'm just tired of people ODing when they hit their teens/adulthood trying to be cool. What kind of goofy shyt is that? :stopitslime:

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
It never quite made sense to me as to why the word is used

In this world I really just worry about myself and my close ones so I dont really care what people do too much though