The N-Word is a Low IQ, clown word that you hold an existential L if you use it

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I hate to admit it. But you damn right op. Not gonna lie. It still slips up sometimes. But I have made a real effort towards stopping and the less I listen to ignorant ass rap music, my mind and vocabulary is better. Good thread. :ufdup:

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
If other races weren't copying us so hard, it wouldn't be a huge problem. Alas, they need to copy everything we do.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Damn man, none of y'all wanted to tag me huh??? This shyt goes beyond the n-word itself, but I'm referring to shyt a lot of yall aren't even CLOSE to being ready to comprehend. What I WILL say is Paul Mooney had it right, but it's interpreted wrong:

Everybody wanna be a "nikka", but NOBODY wanna be a "nikka" when it's time to be a "nikka"

See a lot of y'all wanna be "nikkas" soooooooo BAD :ohlawd:
  • Til someone not black calls you a "nikka" :mjpls:
  • Or calls another non-black a "nikka" :mjpls:
  • I've even seen some of you bytch about BLACK women calling BLACK men "nikkas" :mjpls:
  • Don't even get me started on the bytching over the Gen Z using tHe HaRd "eR" :mjpls:
  • They're just turning it into a TeRm Of EnDeArMeNt, remember? :mjpls:

YOU may not be feminine, but understand this is the epitomy of feminine rationale brehs :usure: zero logic or consistency... and true to feminine rationale, a lot of y'all can't admit how wrong it is, how little sense it makes, and would rather die on that hill
tenor.gif

:sas2:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It seem like London don’t say it that much and replace it with mans. I think that shyt dope. However, I say nikka all the time. It’s one of my go to nouns

Daps
Reppin
NULL
only reason the N word spread is rap music

You have to remember there was a time rappers barely cussed let alone used the N word

and when they did use it a song, its only one or two times, then gangsta rap era comes and every other word is nikka

Now you see why parents didn't want their kids listening to this shyt, they all grew up saying nikka from listening to rap, and now you got a mexican cac saying nikka 20 times in a song because he ran with a black gang

mutahfukkaz supporting dumb ass rap for years, garbage shyt like Master P and Silk the Shocker, lil wayne, pure trash nikkaz, now 69, who has no talent whatsoever at rapping, is the biggest rapper alive, and beat Eminem record on youtube

congratulations c00ns you played yourself

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The N word is the Chitlins of the English Language: What people gave it to us to demean up, now we use it as a term of endearment. Same way black people fellowship around a nasty ass pot of chitlins.

We better do better

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So what they say? "Yo, mans! TF you doin?", "Who dis mans?", "This my mans.", "That mans is trippin."

kind of, but they take off the first word. Instead of “that mans is tripping” they say “mans tripping”

But the UK posters would have to clarify. I only know this from hearing their music

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Why is this post needed? If you don't want to use the word, don't use the word. But the notion that other Black people have to defend themselves or explain themselves to you is silly. If it's a big enough deal to you, stop being friends with people who use it. Stop listening to music artists that use it. When you have kids make sure they don't use it. As a Black man in America, the use of the N-word by Black people doesn't even come anywhere near my "most important problems" in the world. Whether we like it or not, our and focus is a commodity, and when we choose to focus on things that won't improve/uplift our community all we do is hurt ourselves. Given everything that Black people face, I must say that I find it very bizarre that this is the issue that "gets your blood flowing." Median Black wealth is expected to approach zero. Student loans are devastating young Black college graduates. The coronavirus is ravaging Black communities. Black unemployment is likely higher than its ever been. And we are here debating the use of the N-word. This is like being on a slowly sinking ship and complaining to your fellow passengers how cold the water is. We have bigger problems to focus on.
No, this is like being on a slowly sinking ship full of passengers that have been convinced that they're "rocks". What else can a rock do in water but sink? So you try to say Hey! We're not rocks. We can swim, we can fashion some floats, etc and the response is "rock please"... you're still sinking, and the collective conscious is resigned to it.

You understand that most cultures and people have affirming terms for one another in their language, correct? :usure: Take the Jewish/Yiddish "Mensch" for example:
  1. A person having admirable, noble, or dignified characteristics, such as fortitude, responsibility, and firmness of purpose: "He radiates the kind of fundamental decency that has a name in Yiddish; he's a Mensch." (James Atlas).
  2. A person who is admired, respected, and trusted because of a sense of ethics, fairness, and nobility.
https://www.peterswank.com/menschkeit

This country already thinks we're "nikkas". This country's treatment of us is largely, if not wholly because it thinks we're "nikkas". We do nothing but play into our own demise and destruction by cosigning it or brushing it off as irrelevant. I've run this experiment a few times on here: Without thinking, Fill in the blanks with the first words that come to mind when I say l, "nikkas _____ ____ ____"

Try it again. Try it as many times as you need. Did anything positive or affirming GENUINELY come to mind??? Or was is all dismissive and negative connotations? And if it was the latter.... how the fukk are you complaining about black wealth, and college loans, etc??? :gucci: "nikkas" are just doing what they do right? SINK.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if anybody has already stated this, but the last time I researched it I recall it meaning "river of rivers" or water. I think it is a Berber word for the waterway that runs across much of West Africa, which starts in Guinea in the highlands near it's border with Sierra Leone. The river then heads North to Mali and then it takes a right turn and heads South and empties into the Atlantic Ocean in Nigeria.

Niger_river_mapfr.png

There are two countries named after the River. Niger and Nigeria. I don't know how the word became a racial slur, but I my guess is that it started during slavery probably because it the river was used to transport slaves. Anyway that is my two cents.