The N-Word is a Low IQ, clown word that you hold an existential L if you use it

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
the uneducated underclass use it as if it was "the" "like". My litmus test has always been if you can't use the word in a dignified place whether church, work (not entertainment type of work regular 9 to 5 ) or around people in your life you aspire to be whether grandparents idols etc... then it is not supposed to be used.

One more thing whenever you hear arguments about letting passes to other races especially in American big cities (i.e NYC) is because those other ethnic groups grew up in the same hoods as those Black people. Last time I checked it wasn't cool to mimic underclass type of behavior and all those pathologies associated with it even law abiding decent working people living in poor neighborhoods and experience all those problems that are associated with those type of environments want to get the hell out and get better life.

So why is it ok to collectively adapt such a hateful word because it is used as a term of endearment among (I can make an argument it's no longer a term of endearment like "bytch ass nikka" "bum ass nikka") underclass circles.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
I still use it out of habit, but I try to avoid saying it in public or around people I don’t know personally (even other black people). And I never use it around non-blacks.

If you watch old-school mafia flicks like Goodfellas, you see Irish and Italians calling each other racial slurs like “wop” and “mick”. It’s done in a joking manner and is kept within their group.

This is how the n word should be with black people. We don’t have to be all self-righteous and holier-than-thou about using the word, just keep it in the community.
Agreed. this is how it should be atleast (I'm against the use of the word amongst any races), keep it in the community and stop saying it in songs and TV shows. I'm disappointed with how this slur is used. It's a disgrace.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
I still use it out of habit, but I try to avoid saying it in public or around people I don’t know personally (even other black people). And I never use it around non-blacks.

If you watch old-school mafia flicks like Goodfellas, you see Irish and Italians calling each other racial slurs like “wop” and “mick”. It’s done in a joking manner and is kept within their group.

This is how the n word should be with black people. We don’t have to be all self-righteous and holier-than-thou about using the word, just keep it in the community.

As if the those "slurs" have the same historical connotation. What's so hard about not using a word that was meant to degrade people who look like you and render them sub-human hence subject to the inhumane treatment they received in the form of slavery, Jim Crow , systemic racism discrimination. Just asking. What's hard

TL15

Veteran
Daps
I get what you’re saying...

But learning how meanings change and develop, how slang grows, how identity is formed, mixed with societal images and words associated with power/weakness etc. making a claim that “nikka” means one thing and one thing only because that’s how it started is kind of silly (if you look at things from a purely cultural and anthropological standpoint)

Words change. In 50 years girls might be using “bytch” how black men use “nikka” because society changes. Good or bad, it won’t have the same sting as the word “bytch” used in a movie from the 1960s

Claiming “nikka” ONLY means the negative is short sighted. Though I agree it’s weird to embrace a word used against us, if you look at how the word has become first a term of endearment to now (and unfortunately out of our culture :snoop:) just a word meaning “anyone”, it’s really hard to put reigns on the word now.

To me, my “nikka” is my friend, my close friend, someone I’ve been through something with, someone with some history etc. my connotation is mine and there’s really no need to justify. I understand the other side of what the word means, I understand how we want to reclaim it for our race only, I understand the vitriol when someone outside of the race uses it with an “a” or an “er”. Words are only sounds meant to evoke feelings. So context is always important. :yeshrug:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Stopped using that word 19 years ago after briefly using it for a year or two. A lot of uneducated and ignorant motherfukkers use that word anyway.

And the sad part is you'll have a lot people clowning you for not disrespecting yourself, allowing yourself to be disrespected or respecting yourself and your peers that not referring them to that word. They on the other hand think it's normal or acceptable if you diss yourself though.

And I've seen other people in other groups reference themselves with slurs against who they are like theres women who call themselves and other women bytches and etc. Its basically poor sense of self esteem/self hatred shyt. If you dont look at yourself as being shyt, then you'll call yourself anything even if it's something that's insulting you or meant to degrade you.

Not true at all, but fish for those daps :mjgrin:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
As long as you don't delude yourself into thinking you're superior to your brethren for not using it, then you should be fine.

If, however, you feel that not using the word makes you better than the next brother...then I'm sorry to say, but you're on the path to be just as self-hating as the brother that uses the word to degrade.

Anytime you feel that there's something wrong with your brother for not choosing to live the way you do. You're technically saddling the horse. And using the word "nikka" is more of a life-choice than ill-intent into destroying others.

Some people will be wise enough to make peace with the fact that a world where black people don't use the N-word is reserved for those born two-three generations down the road. Others will die miserable and judging others for not accepting that it isn't the time yet.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
"Dave Chappelle uses the N Word, He's low IQ"

-The Coli

I don't use it around other races so not my problem

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I get what you’re saying...

But learning how meanings change and develop, how slang grows, how identity is formed, mixed with societal images and words associated with power/weakness etc. making a claim that “nikka” means one thing and one thing only because that’s how it started is kind of silly (if you look at things from a purely cultural and anthropological standpoint)

Words change. In 50 years girls might be using “bytch” how black men use “nikka” because society changes. Good or bad, it won’t have the same sting as the word “bytch” used in a movie from the 1960s
OP suggested "boy" as an alternative. Call my grandfather a boy and see what happens :wow:. That word was used to degrade black men specifically. Language is complicated like that, especially in America

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not true at all, but fish for those daps :mjgrin:

Can you punk motherfukkers stop projecting your lame ass selves onto other people? Just because you do "dap fishing" doesnt mean that I'm doing that shyt. I damn sure didnt write that for any damn reason other than that's my opinion. I dont need any daps or reps. Yall fukkers please stop ruining the forum with your dumb shyt please. Not everyone takes this forum seriously or treats it like a job. You shouldnt either

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
OP suggested "boy" as an alternative. Call my grandfather a boy and see what happens :wow:. That word was used to degrade black men specifically. Language is complicated like that, especially in America

some cop called my mama "gal" one time and she bout went super saiyan. i was :huhldup:.