The N-Word is a Low IQ, clown word that you hold an existential L if you use it

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Both Pryor and Mooney used the word for shock value because to their generation and the folks that came before, that was the white man's word. Mooney says it right in his routine.

The n-word for previous generations was used by some artists for as a signal flare to catch attention (see Last Poets).

Where was the n-word on Soul Train?

Where was the n-word on Luther Vandross albums?

Where was the n-word on black radio stations in the 1950s,1960s, 1970s and 1980s?

Where was the n-word in Ebony and Jet Magazine?

Where was the n-word on Tony Brown's Journal?

Media and entertainment was generally less vulgar then. Today our media and entertainment is very vulgar full of curse words and sexual innuendos.

Just because they weren’t saying it in media and entertainment doesn’t mean it wasn’t being used in real life.

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Both Pryor and Mooney used the word for shock value because to their generation and the folks that came before, that was the white man's word. Mooney says it right in his routine.

The n-word for previous generations was used by some artists for as a signal flare to catch attention (see Last Poets).

Where was the n-word on Soul Train?

Where was the n-word on Luther Vandross albums?

Where was the n-word on black radio stations in the 1950s,1960s, 1970s and 1980s?

Where was the n-word in Ebony and Jet Magazine?

Where was the n-word on Tony Brown's Journal?

I didn't even catch this quote, but @8WON6 gave a similar response I woulda gave...

There has never been a recorded period over HERE, in the US, where there was uniformity amongst blacks not using the n word...

Your older relatives may not have used it, which is cool, we respect all black decision here. Most (but not all) of mine did, though. I was NEVER in such blissful ignorance at any stage of my life, to believe that blacks of older eras than me didn't say it, because those are the muhfukkas I got it from. And I was born in '89...

Just stop with your propaganda. They were on code..:comeon:

They didn't allow hispanics and whites to say it.

They didn't laugh and feel proud or feel some bizarre brotherly camaraderie with whites and hispanics they had given a license to insult every Black person under the sun.

You guys are abnormal with zero sense of self worth or Black pride :mjtf:

But they used it in their art for white laughter and approval, so don't open the can about camaraderie. Pryor allowed himself to be called the n word by white boys in art because it was just "entertainment", according to some of you....entertainment for who? Who was he entertaining? Who's approval was he seeking?

The word was bestowed upon us and in turn we've consistently used it amongst each other. Any conversation of black pride needs to get more introspective on the evolution and commercialization of the word that existed before hip hop...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Media and entertainment was generally less vulgar then. Today our media and entertainment is very vulgar full of curse words and sexual innuendos.

Just because they weren’t saying it in media and entertainment doesn’t mean it wasn’t being used in real life.

Exactly, let's not act like even in white media they were saying and doing the shyt they do now in previous eras...

Generally speaking, American media and pop culture went thru a PC phase following WW2 and coinciding with the Civil Rights era. If you look back at period pieces prior to then, you'll see the n word in a bunch of literature and cinema being used liberally and no one blinked an eye. When a large segment of our population decided we didn't wanna go for the n word, it created a ripple effect...the Civil Rights era...

But the n word itself was always a thing. In a way we've watched the liberal acceptance of the word come back full circle, because we also know whites always used it amongst themselves, publicly, and towards us. The intent and meaning of the word has changed somewhat but the acceptance of the word is kinda history repeating itself, for better or worse. Only difference is when it was more acceptable a few generations back, there weren't as many other nonblack groups here, and now they all get in on the fun of using it....

Daps
Due to rap music, that word has travelled far and beyond.
Here is a WhatApp conversation between two very rich football agents around 2014
"
Their text message exchanges on WhatsApp suggest that for them, football players are merely cash cows. In 2014, Arif lists to Lucas his player clients playing in that year’s World Cup in Brazil. “Mangala, Promes, Defour, Januzaj, Xavi, Falcao, Rojo, Negredo, de Gea… Doyen Sports nikkas going to World Cup! ”
When Neymar’s Brazil team qualified for the semi-finals, Arif wrote to Lucas: “Neymar bytch. nikka making us money.”

Football Leaks: The Dirty Tricks of Doyen Sports

The only way to stop it is for rappers to stop. See how the word fakkit has disappeared from conversations?

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I personally don’t use it around any non-black people and pretty much use it online exclusively for contextual emphasis among other black people.

But I still maintain a level of cognitive dissonance associated with the word and use the “nikka” spelling to further compartmentalize it.

I think it’s completely unnecessary in music.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is facts. I don’t use it. Friends do, but my family doesn’t. That’s all I have to say. I won’t argue

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally don’t use it around any non-black people and pretty much use it online exclusively for contextual emphasis among other black people.

But I still maintain a level of cognitive dissonance associated with the word and use the “nikka” spelling to further compartmentalize it.

I think it’s completely unnecessary in music.
Apart from being a short and snappy two syllable buffer word to mitigate weak azz bars :ehh:

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
We are living during a time when the under-40 generations have turned "nikka" into an exclusive ethnic designation, probably now worthy of its own US Census category.

REDEFINING THE WORD
EXAMINING A RACIAL SLUR ENTRENCHED IN AMERICAN VERNACULAR THAT IS MORE PREVALENT THAN EVER.

Story by Dave Sheinin, Krissah Thompson
Published on November 9, 2014

If anything, in 2014, it is the very notion of banning the n-word that appears dead and fit for burial. It was a long and noble fight, waged largely — but not exclusively — by an older generation for which the word is inseparable from the brutality into which it was born. If there is still a meaningful n-word debate left to have, it is over context, ownership and the degree to which it should be tethered to its awful history — or set free from it.

A word that is used 500,000 times a day on Twitter — as “nikka” is, according to search data on the social media analytics Web site Topsy.com — is almost by definition beyond banning. By comparison, “bro” and “dude” — two of the terms with which the n-word is synonymous to many people younger than 35 — are used 300,000 and 200,000 times, respectively.

For many of this generation, the word is tossed around unthinkingly, no more impactful than a comma.

“It’s such a regular part of my vernacular. It’s a word I use every day,” said comedian/actor Tehran Von Ghasri, a 34-year-old D.C. native of African American and Iranian American heritage. “I’m a ‘nikka’ addict.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/n...hed-racial-slur-now-more-prevalent-than-ever/