The Most Overrated Games In The History Vol.4: Street Fighter series

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It taking a lot to unlock stuff. You beat the story mode/survival mode for all characters on easy you get 250k plus fight money, which is about enough to unlock 3 DLC characters. Probably the most generous out of all in game money structure out there
That money dries up quick. You can only get it once and once you try to buy outfits/colors etc then you don't have enough for 3 characters.

And beating survival mode on hard or hell is no easy task.

Here's an explanation for destructoid:

On paper, you're getting one and a half characters outright (160,000 coins from just the prologues) for a few hours of work. That's...not bad, since said characters would be sold as paid DLC anyway. But Capcom is counting on you spending your currency on outfits, leaving you with less and less cash to buy characters with. It's a common strategy that's used in a lot of games -- hell, the free market in general. If you can resist the temptation, you'll likely come out on top.

Assuming the well of solo coins dries up, beyond that, you'll need to win roughly 2000 games a month to get a free character. But there are concessions. Leveling up a character by playing them will net you an extra 1000 coins per level, for example. When the shop opens in March, more prices emerge, and other modes arrive, we'll update accordingly. For now, the high rewards for single-player content are great, but we'll see how easy it is to earn Coins once players cap their levels out. "More ways to earn coins will be added throughout the year" Capcom says, but for now, this is just a promise.

So for people who aren't elite level players, earning "free" characters will be very difficult unless they change some things.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
That money dries up quick. You can only get it once and once you try to buy outfits/colors etc then you don't have enough for 3 characters.

And beating survival mode on hard or hell is no easy task.

Here's an explanation for destructoid:

So for people who aren't elite level players, earning "free" characters will be very difficult unless they change some things.

Just admit you were wrong and keep it moving

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I absolutly was not wrong.

You were wrong. Did you not read the explanation I posted?

The one you spent 20 minutes googling because you had to educate your self and still factual wrong? Yes. You do know you don't just sit on that money after you get it right? You do know you get money online, through trial mode, story, leveling up,etc? Like I said, you are wrong. It doesn't take a lot to earn stuff if you are dedicated

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The one you spent 20 minutes googling because you had to educate your self and still factual wrong? Yes. You do know you don't just sit on that money after you get it right? You do know you get money online, through trial mode, story, etc? Like I said, you are wrong
And I gave you a detailed breakdown of how that money is earned/spent.

My original post that it's gonna take hundreds of matches to unlock each character is factual.

Take survival mode into account. That's 200 matches per character times 16 characters.

That's 3,200 matches you'd have to play to get that money, not even to mention that if you loose you gotta start over.

That's an insurmountable task for MOST gamers.

So no, my original statement was not wrong.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
And I gave you a detailed breakdown of how that money is earned/spent.

My original post that it's gonna take hundreds of matches to unlock each character is factual.

Take survival mode into account. That's 200 matches per character times 16 characters.

That's 3,200 matches you'd have to play to get that money, not even to mention that if you loose you gotta start over.

That's an insurmountable task for MOST gamers.

So no, my original statement was not wrong.

Survival mode is 10 on easy, 30 on intermediate. That is not hard at all. Stop posting like it's strictly hell and 100 matches. And like I mentioned, still online play, story, challenges which you ignored. And let's take into account that maybe not everyone wants to buy someone like Alex or a story costume, you will still have money to build. It's like arguing with a brick wall with you. You are wrong

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
It's almost the same as R6 and that game has even less options to earn currency content wise than SFV. @Los! come in here and explain how you can rack up to buy skins/characters just by playing a few matches a day

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Survival mode is 10 on easy, 30 on intermediate. That is not hard at all.
Yes that's not hard, but it's still 640 matches and you wouldn't even make enough to unlock one character.

Stop posting like it's strictly hell and 100 matches.
A lot of money is on the table there. Casuals won't find much success online, and survival mode is too much, story mode only pays out once for each character.

So where will the fight money he earned?

And like I mentioned, still online play,
you have to win thousands of matches to unlock a character.

Can only be completed once with each character, and only nets you enough money to buy one character.

challenges which you ignored.
You mean the ones that don't exist yet?:dwillhuh:

And let's take into account that maybe not everyone wants to buy someone like Alex or a story costume, you will still have money to build. It's like arguing with a brick wall with you. You are wrong

If the content is supposedly "free" you shouldn't have to budget your fight money to strategically unlock certain things.

I'm not being the brick wall here. It's been spelled out to you, but you'd rather just double down on your original incorrect assertion.

So in conclusion

Story mode can only be beat once. And nets you one character

Survival mode on easy and medium doesn't even net you a character.

It takes thousands of online matches to earn the 200,000 fight dollars it takes to unlock a character.

So now I ask you where is all this easy money coming from?

Why even make a points system if the stuff is supposedly "free"?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's almost the same as R6 and that game has even less options to earn currency content wise than SFV. @Los! come in here and explain how you can rack up to buy skins/characters just by playing a few matches a day
Winning an online match earns you $50.

New characters cost $100,000

Now you explain how you can earn a character playing "just a few matches a day"

:stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The media, plus some people on here called me crazy and brought up metacritic scores from 2003 as a response like those scores are suppose to be legit.:francis:
I mean it has a 87 on Metacritic. I never beat it but I remember the gaming being VERY different from Jak 1 and it being REALLY hard. I never got into the Jak Series like that but they were solid as fukk. I should get the collection.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Winning an online match earns you $50.

New characters cost $100,000

Now you explain how you can earn a character playing "just a few matches a day"

:stopitslime:

Once you’ve completed Story Mode with your character of choice, it’s recommended that you complete Story Mode with every other character, even if you don’t care for their alternate costume. By completing Story Mode with all 16 characters, you will earn over 150,000 in Fight Money. That’s more than enough to buy the first DLC character, and at least one costume. If you don’t care about the DLC characters, that nearly four alternate costumes just by completing Story Mode.
Story mode for each character is basically 2-4 rounds a piece. You can knock that out in a few hours or less.
Not a big deal.
Street Fighter 5 Unlocking Guide - DLC Characters, Colors and Costumes

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's a one time deal and it gets you one character and one skin.

You don't get money for subsequent completions.

So after that, where is the easy money?
jTrWeqE.jpg

I saw this online.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I feel like dark souls and bloodborne have replaced fighting games.

Fighting games have a huge learning curve, and nobody with a life has time to invest in a game like that. PvP in Dark Souls or Bloodborne is just as deep, but you don't have to practice for hours to obtain the muscle memory to effectively play the game.

Especially in games like mortal combat, soul calibur and MvsC.. There are way too many chain combos and links to memorize. I only played vanilla sf4, but the ultra precise timing of the link combos really frustrated me especially with such a laggy online environment.

Street fighter 3 struck the right balance. In that game, You only needed to memorize a few moves, and the rest was down to reaction time and thinking skills.

Then if you use legitimate strategies, like zoning or a defensive strategy, you called "a p*ssy" or a cheater by these online faggets. The fighting game community is really elitist as well.
Z2Tsb4A.png