The Most Overrated Games In The History Vol.4: Street Fighter series

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I didn't slander MK. I said I never touched it because I just wasn't interested in it like that. I know MK always has a good amount of content but after it's all said and done, I just find SF a better playing game.
I'm saying that it's unfair to give an opinion on the mechanics of a game u never played. How could u know how satisfying it is to fight in the game if u never have.

DeuceCypherUno

knowledge God
Daps
Reppin
Straight out the fukkin' dungeons of rap
Specifically what have been the big changes outside of the Vskill/focus meter stuff?
new characters, new hitboxes, new combos and links, new properties on old fighters + their moves (ESPECIALLY ON Dhalsim, Vega, Chun-Li, Ken in SFV), different paces across games. THey've changed a lot for something that is, at its core, a 2d fighting game. Come on son.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
I feel like dark souls and bloodborne have replaced fighting games.

Fighting games have a huge learning curve, and nobody with a life has time to invest in a game like that. PvP in Dark Souls or Bloodborne is just as deep, but you don't have to practice for hours to obtain the muscle memory to effectively play the game.

Especially in games like mortal combat, soul calibur and MvsC.. There are way too many chain combos and links to memorize. I only played vanilla sf4, but the ultra precise timing of the link combos really frustrated me especially with such a laggy online environment.

Street fighter 3 struck the right balance. In that game, You only needed to memorize a few moves, and the rest was down to reaction time and thinking skills.

Then if you use legitimate strategies, like zoning or a defensive strategy, you called "a p*ssy" or a cheater by these online faggets. The fighting game community is really elitist as well.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Shout out to @jalamanta :salute:

I know this is gonna make plenty of you upset, but the Street Fighter series is overrated as fukk. It's only propped up by a couple of you that are really into competing, then the rest of the gaming community just falls in line.

In reality compared to all other fighting franchises, Street fighter changed/improved the least since inception.

Yes the fighting is good and deep, but it's been that way since SF2 and they've done absolutely nothing to evolve the series.

Other games have added dynamic/interactive stages. New techniques/systems. Even new perspectives in some cases. In street fighter V im using Ryu the same way i used him almost 20 years ago:stopitslime:, graphics are no better than 4(especially the backgrounds:scust:) and it's missing features that were standardized a decade ago.

And that's without even talking about how other games have added more in the case of both single and multiplayer modes.

Don't see how Yall shyt on games like COD for offering the same shyt over and over again, while drooling at the mouth for more street fighter.

Game is stale as fukk at this point and SF5 as it is now for $60 is probably the worst value proposition in gaming right now.

Yall should be ashamed of yourselves for stanning this shyt right now :smh:

I usually rock with you, but Fukk. Outta. Here.

SF invented the contemporary fighter, and all 5 versions, Alpha, Ex, all of the variants play differently. I will admit 4 and 5 are the worst since 1, but the series is still the best in "2D" fighters easy.

The characters play generally the same because the fans won't allow anything else. SF3 originally had an all original cast, and the fans complained so much, they put Ken and Ryu and Chun-Li back, then added more and more old characters.

5 isn't great, but at least it's a return to smart fighting, and let go of phaggoty shyt like comeback Ultras and free (or near free) escapes. In 5, if you fukk up, you're getting punished, like you're supposed to, unless your opponent lets you slide. It's the purest since Super Turbo.

I won't even go into why shyt like MK is trash in comparison, if you like that shyt, go ahead and cook, but SF is the KING.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Street Fighter is what it is.....it's a game for only the most competitive of gamers and It fills a niche that is needed in video game entertainment. I personally enjoy watching high level play of fighting games, and the truth of the matter is SF mechanics >>>> other fighting game mechanics