Zero
Daps
Z2Tsb4A.png
I went :dwillhuh: and :mjlol: while reading that post

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saying SF is overrated is like saying the microwave is over rated, cell phones and sliced bread are overrated.

There is legitimately a whole culture that was bread from streetfighter. When I saw grown men in the arcade playing streetfighter and almost coming to blows I was instantly grab and how a game could do this. There wasn't anything like that game wise that had people react like how sf did.

Seriously the serious introduced so much to not only competitive gaming but just gaming in general, from keeping arcades in business to influencing other games to the core with input movements, combo's super moves, even hte music is influential, the list goes on and on.

Its technically more influential than mario when it comes to gaming over all.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Saying SF is overrated is like saying the microwave is over rated, cell phones and sliced bread are overrated.

There is legitimately a whole culture that was bread from streetfighter. When I saw grown men in the arcade playing streetfighter and almost coming to blows I was instantly grab and how a game could do this. There wasn't anything like that game wise that had people react like how sf did.

Seriously the serious introduced so much to not only competitive gaming but just gaming in general, from keeping arcades in business to influencing other games to the core with input movements, combo's super moves, even hte music is influential, the list goes on and on.

Its technically more influential than mario when it comes to gaming over all.
I don't deny SF influence over gaming. It created and set the standard for an entire genre.

But at the same time is been pretty stagnant for almost 20 years.

I understand "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" But at the same time, other games have come and improved on the formula, while street fighter 5 doesn't even match, let alone exceed the SF games that came out almost 20 years ago.

It's fun to play. Gameplay lasts the test of time. But the only thing it's upgraded are graphics over two decades.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I can work like an hour and afford all the planned dlc characters. broke ass nikkas in here?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I can work like an hour and afford all the planned dlc characters. broke ass nikkas in here?

The point is DLC and not giving the whole game out the first time is bullshyt, and shouldn't have to be bought in the first place.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The point is DLC and not giving the whole game out the first time is bullshyt, and shouldn't have to be bought in the first place.
Well don't buy the game then. To buy it and complain knowing full well capcoms dlc plans which they outlined beforehand is on you or whoever purchased.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I don't deny SF influence over gaming. It created and set the standard for an entire genre.

But at the same time is been pretty stagnant for almost 20 years.

I understand "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" But at the same time, other games have come and improved on the formula, while street fighter 5 doesn't even match, let alone exceed the SF games that came out almost 20 years ago.

It's fun to play. Gameplay lasts the test of time. But the only thing it's upgraded are graphics over two decades.
You obviously haven't played Street Fighter in a while.

SF 2 and 3 play NOTHING like 4 or 5. Yeah throwing Hadukens are the same, but it takes a whole different strategy to win these days. You could not parry back in SF2, you could not execute combos like you can now in part 3. Graphical changes, balance updates, new character introductions...Capcom has done A LOT to what people view as a genre that cannot change much. It's iteration on perfection...Street Fighter is the standard in the entire Genre. The fact that Mortal Kombat is being mentioned in this thread is :snoop:

Mortal Kombat was damn near BROKEN for a decade+

You my friend have fallen off with your trolling.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You obviously haven't played Street Fighter in a while.

SF 2 and 3 play NOTHING like 4 or 5. Yeah throwing Hadukens are the same, but it takes a whole different strategy to win these days. You could not parry back in SF2, you could not execute combos like you can now in part 3. Graphical changes, balance updates, new character introductions...Capcom has done A LOT to what people view as a genre that cannot change much. It's iteration on perfection...Street Fighter is the standard in the entire Genre. The fact that Mortal Kombat is being mentioned in this thread is :snoop:

Mortal Kombat was damn near BROKEN for a decade+

You my friend have fallen off with your trolling.
You really saying street fighter v plays nothing like the previous games?:stopitslime:.

The difference between street fighter and other fighters is that they all have had the
Liquid said:
"Graphical changes, balance updates, new character introductions

But they've all added so much more. Street fighter has not.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
You really saying street fighter v plays nothing like the previous games?:stopitslime:.

The difference between street fighter and other fighters is that they all have had the

But they've all added so much more. Street fighter has not.
No...it doesn't. I am just entertaining this thread because I am bored.

The consequences for missing a leg sweep in SF V is MUCH larger than what it was in older games.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Nevermind, you did respond.

So to earn all 6 characters you'd have to play 2 hours a day, for 3 months and win 50% of the matches:mjlol:

And Yall don't see how this basically makes earning "free" content impossible for most players?

Spend 200+ hours to unlock "free" content brehs :heh:

For a person who plays daily, that's nothing to put in 200+ hours to a fighting game, even at one hour to 90 minutes a night after work then some weekend play sporadically.

The length you go through to avoid admitting wrong is astounding to me. :whew: