The Most Overrated Games In The History Vol.4: Street Fighter series

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Shout out to @jalamanta :salute:

I know this is gonna make plenty of you upset, but the Street Fighter series is overrated as fukk. It's only propped up by a couple of you that are really into competing, then the rest of the gaming community just falls in line.

In reality compared to all other fighting franchises, Street fighter changed/improved the least since inception.

Yes the fighting is good and deep, but it's been that way since SF2 and they've done absolutely nothing to evolve the series.

Other games have added dynamic/interactive stages. New techniques/systems. Even new perspectives in some cases. In street fighter V im using Ryu the same way i used him almost 20 years ago:stopitslime:, graphics are no better than 4(especially the backgrounds:scust:) and it's missing features that were standardized a decade ago.

And that's without even talking about how other games have added more in the case of both single and multiplayer modes.

Don't see how Yall shyt on games like COD for offering the same shyt over and over again, while drooling at the mouth for more street fighter.

Game is stale as fukk at this point and SF5 as it is now for $60 is probably the worst value proposition in gaming right now.

Yall should be ashamed of yourselves for stanning this shyt right now :smh:
The legacy continues. :wow:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
How haven't they improved it since SF2? Has there always been ultras? Has there always been mid air projectiles? Has there always been parrying? There's been a ton of new character additions. I mean I will say there hasn't been any real progression since 3rd Strike tho. That and Street Fighter Alpha 3 are my fav SF games of all time. And if u wanna talk about content. Alpha 3 is one of the most feature filled fighting games ever. Especially for the time it came out. With the world tour mode and all the upgrades u could do to a character. I actually believe they went backwards as far as gameplay/content goes. So I agree on that end. But I wouldn't say the whole series is overrated and had no progression since SF2.
well the content might be lacking now, but at least they've committed to this being a platform they will continue to support and add content to. as opposed to the past where they sold people most updates via an Ultra Championship Alpha 3rd Strike Edition

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
My Gawd Meach. My Gawd...

I thought you retired from this type of awful posting but I see you still at it. :russ::russ::russ:

Easily the worst poster on any forum on any planet in the galaxy.

The GOATWOAT:wow::wow::wow:
Imagine if he turned his power of trolling towards good :ohhh:

This board couldn't handle that type of shyt :whoo:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
well the content might be lacking now, but at least they've committed to this being a platform they will continue to support and add content to. as opposed to the past where they sold people most updates via an Ultra Championship Alpha 3rd Strike Edition
Word up. I def feel u.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Haven't gotten around to playing it but my only problem is all the different versions they drop. It's gotten to the point where I just wait for super ultra mega street fighter whatever turbo kilo delta hyperfighting edition. So, I'll just continue with what I'm doing, and do that

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah but in this case the "free" stuff is only adding features/content to bring the game up to par with one of the base games before.

I could see if you got the full base game for 60, then you got free upgrades.

And it's looking like it will be very difficult for a non competitive person to unlock the "free" stuff. Going by what they put out so far it's gonna take hundreds of wins online in order to unlock one character. If that stays true, the majority of people playing the game will just have to shell out the $6 per character.

Out of all the games where people are talking about they are incomplete or anti consumer. Street Fighter 5 is guilty as fukk:smh:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You know, I'm thinking about making an overrated thread about Jak 2. Now that's a game that's both overrated AND it sucks.:jbhmm:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but in this case the "free" stuff is only adding features/content to bring the game up to par with one of the base games before.

I could see if you got the full base game for 60, then you got free upgrades.

And it's looking like it will be very difficult for a non competitive person to unlock the "free" stuff. Going by what they put out so far it's gonna take hundreds of wins online in order to unlock one character. If that stays true, the majority of people playing the game will just have to shell out the $6 per character.

Out of all the games where people are talking about they are incomplete or anti consumer. Street Fighter 5 is guilty as fukk:smh:

This is false. Please stop posting. I actually thought you took a turn for the better recently but you are back to posting bullshyt

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
What is false?

It taking a lot to unlock stuff. You beat the story mode/survival mode for all characters on easy you get 250k plus fight money, which is about enough to unlock 3 DLC characters. Probably the most generous out of all in game money structure out there