The Most Overrated Games In The History Vol.4: Street Fighter series

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I'm not saying th gameplay hasn't been good.

It's just that they've done nothing to improve it in 20 years.

New graphics and that's it.

And I gotta disagree. As a non competitive player I've enjoyed KI and MKX much better.

Even payed a couple rounds of DOA 5 recently and enjoyed that more.
How haven't they improved it since SF2? Has there always been ultras? Has there always been mid air projectiles? Has there always been parrying? There's been a ton of new character additions. I mean I will say there hasn't been any real progression since 3rd Strike tho. That and Street Fighter Alpha 3 are my fav SF games of all time. And if u wanna talk about content. Alpha 3 is one of the most feature filled fighting games ever. Especially for the time it came out. With the world tour mode and all the upgrades u could do to a character. I actually believe they went backwards as far as gameplay/content goes. So I agree on that end. But I wouldn't say the whole series is overrated and had no progression since SF2.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Man get the fukk outta here :mjlol:

Street Fighter V barely has any SP content(for now) but the damn gameplay and presentation is leagues ahead of MKX. I have both and I never even touched MKX. I can guarantee you that SFV will be played for YEARS meanwhile people aren't even playing MK like that anymore.

SFIV was still being played up until today and that game came out in 2008.

I'm not even a huge SF Fan but SF is the GOAT. Capcom Fighters for the most part>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
I don't get this. How do u know how much better the game is if u never touched it? That makes zero sense. MK been killing it the last few years and as far as content goes SF could DEF take a page out of their book. No need to slander one good game to big the other one up.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How haven't they improved it since SF2? Has there always been ultras? Has there always been mid air projectiles? Has there always been parrying? There's been a ton of new character additions. I mean I will say there hasn't been any real progression since 3rd Strike tho. That and Street Fighter Alpha 3 are my fav SF games of all time. And if u wanna talk about content. Alpha 3 is one of the most feature filled fighting games ever. Especially for the time it came out. With the world tour mode and all the upgrades u could do to a character. I actually believe they went backwards as far as gameplay/content goes. So I agree on that end. But I wouldn't say the whole series is overrated and had no progression since SF2.
If all you can call out is mid air projectiles and parrys(which only exist for one character) in over 25 years of the franchise existing, then I think you've proven my point.

Gameplay had always been good. It's everything else that's lacking.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
If all you can call out is mid air projectiles and parrys(which only exist for one character) in over 25 years of the franchise existing, then I think you've proven my point.

Gameplay had always been good. It's everything else that's lacking.
:dwillhuh: did u ignore my whole post? Cause that can't be all u got out of it.

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sure enthusiasts will continue to play.

Cod sells millions every year, yet still gets shytted on for being the same shyt every year.
Like street fighter cod since since cod4 has near perfected gameplay for what its designed to be. Many games have jacked alot from both series but never measure up to the title that originated the style. If its not broke dont fix it. But to call street fighter overated is absurd.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Street Fighter III, IV, and V play so differently from SFII you've clearly never played any of them outside of arcade mode and casual matches. :comeon:

MKX's story sucks. MK9 story mode is the best ever in a fighting game prolly.
Nah, Injustice had the best story mode of a game. The comics are even better.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
If this thread was about how overrated the Mortal Kombat series was then this thread would probably go better.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you must have never played any SF games if you can't tell how Street Fighter progressed. It's one thing to hate the game or call it boring but to say there's been no changes is complete bullshyt.
Specifically what have been the big changes outside of the Vskill/focus meter stuff?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't get this. How do u know how much better the game is if u never touched it? That makes zero sense. MK been killing it the last few years and as far as content goes SF could DEF take a page out of their book. No need to slander one good game to big the other one up.
I didn't slander MK. I said I never touched it because I just wasn't interested in it like that. I know MK always has a good amount of content but after it's all said and done, I just find SF a better playing game.