The Martial Arts and Philosophy

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
No one signed up for Brazillian Jiujitsu yet? :snoop:
I have.... w limited time it takes a lot to become decent.

for some reason I think knowing other shyt helps you pick up on it quickly though.

one a side note..... all fighting starts standing up.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
:patrice: interesting... my chun peps feel that's all they need in life is chun.... i don't think that's true.

I was waiting on my boy to hook up w me to show me some m thai shyt.... but i guess our sch. don't align.. he went to thailand for a year randomly to study it.

I think there are some good schools round here..
It's not true. Everyone needs experience training different things, and you either need to crosstrain or enroll in a different style to get it. The majority of masters in the old CMA shyt learned more than one style as well, from what I read.

@Hannibal Fox I just copped that Frantzis book :blessed: it's quite good. Very opinionated as per the usual but it's really detailed

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I have.... w limited time it takes a lot to become decent.

for some reason I think knowing other shyt helps you pick up on it quickly though.

one a side note..... all fighting starts standing up.
Jiujitsu fighters can end a fight standing up. 3 days a week is really all a friend needs. Im sure you have 3 - 5 hours of idle time a week.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Jiujitsu fighters can end a fight standing up. 3 days a week is really all a friend needs. Im sure you have 3 - 5 hours of idle time a week.
I have zero free time. I haven't even been to kungfu lately.

How do they end a fight Standing up? Especially against a person w years of Stand up?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I have zero free time. I haven't even been to kungfu lately.

How do they end a fight Standing up? Especially against a person w years of Stand up?
Take the back. People will usually put themselves on the ground at that point. But obviously, it takes skill to do those techniques.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Fake the single leg or get the single leg, drive low and forward, and come around the back, you will be in line to take the back and take that choke. Fortunately, most people that train for years, dont get into fights with other people that train for years.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Fake the single leg or get the single leg, drive low and forward, and come around the back, you will be in line to take the back and take that choke. Fortunately, most people that train for years, dont get into fights with other people that train for years.
:lupe: umm, I will take note.

Question is.. i'm currently trying to get built like Michael Jai White, lol... I was always was taught that all that is pointless and harmful for MA.... but I'm starting to get away from those ideas....

Plus dude still seems madd flexable.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Question is.. i'm currently trying to get built like Michael Jai White, lol... I was always was taught that all that is pointless and harmful for MA.... but I'm starting to get away from those ideas....

Muscles require a lot of oxygen so yea it can hinder attrition fighting. If you have all that muscle you should also be doing very intense cardio conditioning so oxygen can flow better through your body. I do 300 burpees a week and its made my weight lifting workouts alot easier. I can go a while without doing weights and when i do, the recovery isnt as bad because of the burpees.

Julius Skrrvin

Daps

Mass matters. Force = mass times acceleration. It's more like, the right kind of strength. There are several different kinds you know? Plyometric strength is not the same as maximal strength for example. Lifting weights is a great idea if you do it right. I prefer calisthenics now mostly, of several different kinds, but hell yea i still squat and deadlift twice a week. shyt helps.

Weights for athletics =/= weights for bodybuilding.

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
But this looks like bodybuilding muscles right here..

Take a look at his handspeed. Is that what you want? Lifting for bodybuilding basically is a mix between stamina lifting and strength lifting. it causes sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, which basically is an increase of fluid in your sarcomeres; it doesn't come with significant increases in strength. The point of weightlifting IMO is either bodybuilding or maximal strength. You can also weightlift for explosive strength as well depending on your exercises and the way you stagger your repetitions as well.

I mean its all about what you want.