The Last AirBender Had Potential To Be Better Than DBZ

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not disagreeing with you though..

I know they aren't the same...

I'll try to use a different comparison so you can see what level im on.

I'm not sure if your familiar with bleach but lets compare Bankai to Super Saiyin.

If you can see the comparison between the two, than you can see the comparison I have between bending and jutsu.

The concept is what I see that's similar but that's it. Anything deeper than that drifts them apart beyond comparison.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I'm not disagreeing with you though..

I know they aren't the same...

I'll try to use a different comparison so you can see what level im on.

I'm not sure if your familiar with bleach but lets compare Bankai to Super Saiyin.

If you can see the comparison between the two, than you can see the comparison I have between bending and jutsu.

The concept is what I see that's similar but that's it. Anything deeper than that drifts them apart beyond comparison.
But what concept?

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I see what your saying.

But take any bender from avatar and put them in naruto and its just another jutsu...
That is were I see the similarity. Now you can put any back story into explaining it but the end result just about the same.

yeah but the way they are used is completely different. nobody not even sasuke who uses lightning all the time does it the way characters in avatar do. bending is an extension of their bodies and they can use it without any prep time (gathering chakra, making hand signs)

vs.

:usure:I see what your saying but it really doesn't translate not to mention naruto powers go outside the range of just using the elements

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah but the way they are used is completely different. nobody not even sasuke who uses lightning all the time does it the way characters in avatar do. bending is an extension of their bodies and they can use it without any prep time (gathering chakra, making hand signs)

vs.

:usure:I see what your saying but it really doesn't translate not to mention naruto powers go outside the range of just using the elements

Like I said I'm not saying bending ARE justsus but the concepts are the same.

Having a select few people with the special ability to manipulate things whether it's chakra or the elements

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Like I said I'm not saying bending ARE justsus but the concepts are the same.

Having a select few people with the special ability to manipulate things whether it's chakra or the elements
your saying that because of the way they look in a fight? :patrice:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
lets be reality tho a mid level shinobi from naruto would be wrecking shyt in the avatar universe, let not even go into sannin level cats like jiraiya or orochimaru them boys would violate the avatar IN the avatar state

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Both using powers is similar
The fact that they both use elemental manipulation? I never said that aspect wasn't similar, I said the way Avatar executed it was different. I use execution because it's more complex than using the actual power.

If using something as simplistic as "they use the elements as a source of power" instead of HOW, you can easily argue that Aquaman, Katara, Zabuza, and Poseidon are all "similar" just because they use water as a source of power.

Instead, a better comparison would be the way in which they execute it. From the list above Katara is very different than Zabuza because water is an extension of movements similar to Tai Chi in the avatar verse while Zabuza is just using hand motions to gather chakra and make a water dragon (something you'll probably never see in Avatar verse). However, Aquaman and Poseidon are similar because they both not only use water as a power but (according to what source you're looking at) can actually make water appear from nowhere and communicate with inhabitants of the sea,something that Katara and Zabuza can't do.

So I agree they are "similar" but it's a really simplistic similarity.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Basically, the difference is how they explain it.
The fact that they both use elemental manipulation? I never said that aspect wasn't similar, I said the way Avatar executed it was different. I use execution because it's more complex than using the actual power.

If using something as simplistic as "they use the elements as a source of power" instead of HOW, you can easily argue that Aquaman, Katara, Zabuza, and Poseidon are all "similar" just because they use water as a source of power.

Instead, a better comparison would be the way in which they execute it. From the list above Katara is very different than Zabuza because water is an extension of movements similar to Tai Chi in the avatar verse while Zabuza is just using hand motions to gather chakra and make a water dragon (something you'll probably never see in Avatar verse). However, Aquaman and Poseidon are similar because they both not only use water as a power but (according to what source you're looking at) can actually make water appear from nowhere and communicate with inhabitants of the sea,something that Katara and Zabuza can't do.

took the words right outta my mouth

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Which is why I gave my bankai/super saiyin comparison. Like a said any deeper than that and the similarities drift greatly

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Which is why I gave my bankai/super saiyin comparison. Like a said any deeper than that and the similarities drift greatly
But I feel that's too simple when you can easily compare elemental users even if you delve deeper. I mean both Storm from X-men and Elsa from Frozen can control snow and cold weather but no one would ever compare them.