The Last AirBender Had Potential To Be Better Than DBZ

YaBishh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I was sleeping on TLA at first cuz i thought it was a kids show, but once my homeboy put me on it, it became one of my favorites:wow:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I was sleeping on TLA at first cuz i thought it was a kids show, but once my homeboy put me on it, it became one of my favorites:wow:
One of my favorite of all time shows. They executed so well. I thought it was going to be shyt when I first saw the trailer in 04' when I was younger. Watched it and loved it. Watching it now as an adult, and there are so many subtle things they put into that show. Details that you might miss as a kid, but grow to appreciate more in older age.

YaBishh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
One of my favorite of all time shows. They executed so well. I thought it was going to be shyt when I first saw the trailer in 04' when I was younger. Watched it and loved it. Watching it now as an adult, and there are so many subtle things they put into that show. Details that you might miss as a kid, but grow to appreciate more in older age.
its definitely in my top 5:obama:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Ask yourself this, do you really think Avatar is gonna hold up the same as DBZ did for 20+ years?

I do. The quality itself will do that.

Add to the fact that there are rumors of developing the Avatar Graphic Novels "The Search" and "The Promise" into seasons and continuing Aangs story after Korra is finished, and I could definitely see TLA going further. It's that original and that good.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I believe so, but their relationship is a lot deeper than young kids who watch it would understand.
So much deeper than I realized when I was younger. At first I thought "Ahh Zuko is another Team Rocket esque ass nikka trying to capture a prize"

Then you realize his entire livelihood depends on catching him. Years of abuse and exile from his father, his whole future was tied into someone he never met. It was an obsession embedded deep into his soul.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
So much deeper than I realized when I was younger. At first I thought "Ahh Zuko is another Team Rocket esque ass nikka trying to capture a prize"

Then you realize his entire livelihood depends on catching him. Years of abuse and exile from his father, his whole future was tied into someone he never met. It was an obsession embedded deep into his soul.
Not only that but the fact that, at the beginning, one person is running away from their destiny (Aang) while one is trying to desperately cling to what he thinks is his destiny (Zuko).

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Not only that but the fact that, at the beginning, one person is running away from their destiny (Aang) while one is trying to desperately cling to what he thinks is his destiny (Zuko).
And in the end they met on the middle and learned from each other. Aang learned firebending and Zuko learned how to be a decent human being.:mjlol:

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Okay this hread has convinced me

Im watchin TLA seriously on Netflix

I watched it sorta on nick anytime it would be on when surfin channels

but the way yall talking bout it :ohhh:

Ima have to watch

Drake is God

Sweeterman
Daps
Reppin
Calabasas
DBZ is prob the worst anime i've ever seen I only fukk with Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Darker than blac(season 1 and OVAs) these the GOAT animes

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I think Last Air Bender has a better story, but to me it's not an Anime. Just a very good young adult cartoon.
When the violence started on DBZ it made the violence in TLAB seem childish. Sure someone would get hurt once in a while but Krillin got blown the fukk up begging Goku to save him....lol All of the Last AirBender's potential went out of the window when two things happened..

1. M. Night Shamalyanidingdong fukked up the movie.
2. Legend of Korra got bootlegged in Mexico and Nick gave up on the series.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Naruto is trash breh.

372.gif

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
There are many anime better than DBZ breh :mjlol:

This. Its not even funny. I only used to think DBZ was the best anime when I was a kid, but as I grew and watched other quality anime I soon realized that DBZ was just low-class anime. Heck most hardcore anime fans consider DBZ overrated, but also not truly anime.

IMO TLA>DBZ. Not by much but still better.

Edit: TLA isn't even a real anime.