The Last AirBender Had Potential To Be Better Than DBZ

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
I'm 26 now...and looking back at DBZ. That anime is sorta trash. Story started off strong, but just got weaker and weaker as time passed. All of the villains are interchangeable and have zero depth.

Hell, even the main character Goku isn't that interesting. I find Gohan and Vegeta way more intriguing. And to top it off, all of the story arcs are wash, rinse, and repeat.

I'll take something like Cowboy Bebop or Naruto over DBZ any day.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
They got moments like this?

That's the kind of rivalry that shows nowadays are trying to mimic. It hasn't aged the best tho, cuz this came out in like 1990-91 :laugh:

Well obviously not since the DBZ universe it a lot more powerful in terms of scale than the ATLA universe. Comparing fight scenes, especially in levels of power, is futile

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But I feel that's too simple when you can easily compare elemental users even if you delve deeper. I mean both Storm from X-men and Elsa from Frozen can control snow and cold weather but no one would ever compare them.

Can you seriously not make the comparison between Ninjas in Naruto and Benders in TLA? :why:

Villages/Nations
Ninjas/Benders
Jutsu/Bending

Edit: I'm not comparing 1 specific user to another but I'll use the example you just gave me.
Elsa and Storm both basically have the same power, to control weather. If you put Esla in a Xmen setting she would blend in as just another mutant that can control the weather.

Put Storm in a Frozen setting and Storm would be just another... idk because I've never seen frozen but she would be just another witch or whatever Elsa is..

But its easier to compare TLA characters and Naruto characters because the setting is so similar, the powers are so similar, the tone is so similar. Yes, give or take the major/minor details of HOW they control or WHAT gives them the power but if you saw a Zabuza pop up in TLA it wouldn't break continuity, same as if you saw a water bender in Naruto it would seem ridiculous or out of place.

I'll add this video

Now you can't tell me that those moves that the mizukage does isn't something we would see in a TLA setting. Hell the other dude she's fighting is straight up earth bending...

Last edited:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
In that video... you cant see the similarities.

It doesn't get anymore obvious than that.
In that video yes but isn't the Naruto verse set up where you're supposed to make hand seals before the justu? Not just move your hand and rocks start flying?

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In that video yes but isn't the Naruto verse set up where you're supposed to make hand seals before the justu? Not just move your hand and rocks start flying?
For the inexperienced users yes but for the advanced users no. Just like in TLA the more experienced you are the less fancy moves you gotta do.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
For the inexperienced users yes but for the advanced users no. Just like in TLA the more experienced you are the less fancy moves you gotta do.
Will then in that respect, they're similar. I thinking more this:

vs.

which to me, aren't similar except for the fact that they're both using water.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will then in that respect, they're similar. I thinking more this:

vs.

which to me, aren't similar except for the fact that they're both using water.

they don't have to be the same to be similar. these are two different shows with different backgrounds but the overall premise is very similar.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
they don't have to be the same to be similar. these are two different shows with different backgrounds but the overall premise is very similar.
This is where I was essentially disagreeing with you. In the video you posted, they're similar. In the videos I posted, they're not. Azula's lightning bending and Cole's power (from infamous) are similar but Azula's lightning bending and Sasuke's Chidori aren't.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is where I was essentially disagreeing with you. In the video you posted, they're similar. In the videos I posted, they're not. Azula's lightning bending and Cole's power (from infamous) are similar but Azula's lightning bending and Sasuke's Chidori aren't.
I'm not comparing the essence of the power but I'll use another of your examples.

In Naruto they have a lot more freedom when it comes to manipulation of jutsu's than TLA does with their bending. So in Naruto you can have a character that has a jutsu that is basically some sort of bending. But you can also have dudes that have super strength, can fly, teleport and all that mess which can't be done in TLA.

In TLA bending is confined to the elements and can't be manipulated to the extant that a jutsu can manipulate things in Naruto. Jutsu's can manipulate damn near ANYTHING.

If in TLA benders could manipulate their mind, reality, etc than it would be a stronger comparison to Naruto, but TLA is limited.

But just because every scenario isn't interchangeable doesn't mean the shows themselves aren't similar.

I'm saying you can do X in TLA and you can also do X in Naruto.
All your saying is you can do Y in Naruto but you cant do Y in TLA.

The shows aren't the same. that's obvious.
I'm talking about X which can be done in both.
Your talking about Y which can only be done in Naruto.

Just because things that happen in Naruto can't happen in TLA doesn't mean the shows aren't similar.There's almost nothing in TLA that can't be translated into Naruto tho due to the vast manipulation of jutsu's.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I'm not comparing the essence of the power but I'll use another of your examples.

In Naruto they have a lot more freedom when it comes to manipulation of jutsu's than TLA does with their bending. So in Naruto you can have a character that has a jutsu that is basically some sort of bending. But you can also have dudes that have super strength, can fly, teleport and all that mess which can't be done in TLA.

In TLA bending is confined to the elements and can't be manipulated to the extant that a jutsu can manipulate things in Naruto. Jutsu's can manipulate damn near ANYTHING.

If in TLA benders could manipulate their mind, reality, etc than it would be a stronger comparison to Naruto, but TLA is limited.

But just because every scenario isn't interchangeable doesn't mean the shows themselves aren't similar.

I'm saying you can do X in TLA and you can also do X in Naruto.
All your saying is you can do Y in Naruto but you cant do Y in TLA.

The shows aren't the same. that's obvious.
I'm talking about X which can be done in both.
Your talking about Y which can only be done in Naruto.

Just because things that happen in Naruto can't happen in TLA doesn't mean the shows aren't similar.There's almost nothing in TLA that can't be translated into Naruto tho due to the vast manipulation of jutsu's.
Actually I used lightning/electricity manipulation in all three examples. Azula, Cole, and Sasuke can all manipulate lightning/electricity but both Azula and Cole use it as a projectile/long range ability while Sasuke uses it at close quarters. That's why I said Azula and Cole are similar but Azula and Sasuke are not.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:why:
Actually I used lightning/electricity manipulation in all three examples. Azula, Cole, and Sasuke can all manipulate lightning/electricity but both Azula and Cole use it as a projectile/long range ability while Sasuke uses it at close quarters. That's why I said Azula and Cole are similar but Azula and Sasuke are not.
So because 1 character uses lighting as a projectile and one uses it in close quarters the two shows aren't similar?

Edit: They both Azula and Sasuke use electricity as a weapon. That's a similarity. Combined with everything else about the shows that are similar makes them comparable.